Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   To RS or not to RS. (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271240)

LS3 Handler 01-15-2013 04:04 PM

To RS or not to RS.

I have an LS i did some looking and from what i can see in 2012 GM started installing RS tail lights and the rear spoiler on all models. So the only difference i see from a base to an RS are the rims, HID Halo headlights, RS badge's, RS on the steering wheel (i think) and thats it. So im going to install the RS headlights anyway and i was going to buy badges and identifing stuff like that but i am pulled both wasy. Do i represent the fact it is an LS or do i convert and represent it as an RS? I like it either way but just wanted to have some onther opinions. So what do yall think.

GunnyG 01-15-2013 04:12 PM

Folks will still be able to tell...absence of body color roof ditch molding would give you away in a heartbeat. LoL...badge away brother! Nevermind...your car is black, so it won't matter.

christianmotox 01-15-2013 04:19 PM

what can i tell you.... a lot of people here will give you a hard time. Personally as long as you dont put an SS badge or a ZL1 badge, its ok.
I did it , i bought an LS and installed the HID's the 21" GM wheels ( i had the RS 20" wheels before), painted the roof ditch molding, installed foglights and installed the wing spoiler, after i did that i installed RS badges.

RS is just an apperance package, so i dont see why not put the badges if you install the appearance items on youre Camaro.

scythezo6 01-15-2013 04:21 PM

Why do you need to 'convert' the car to an RS? I just don't understand the point of the badges. In my opinion, for what its worth, do the headlights/rims/spoiler and whatever else but be proud you bought an LS and leave the badges off.

Zip3151 01-15-2013 04:22 PM

I am doing the same thing. I went with front and rear RS badges. Also side badging. My own design for my RS stripes. RS is a package and usually a V6. SS/RS package V8. With dealers and mods what truly is a RS or SS. How many SS came stock from the factory with blowers or other than factory wheels? It's your car, create as you see fit and enjoy it.

Stealy Phil 01-15-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scythezo6 (Post 6040256)
Why do you need to 'convert' the car to an RS? I just don't understand the point of the badges. In my opinion, for what its worth, do the headlights/rims/spoiler and whatever else but be proud you bought an LS and leave the badges off.

:word: Makes the car look way more aggressive!

justa25thTA 01-15-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip3151 (Post 6040261)
I am doing the same thing. I went with front and rear RS badges. Also side badging. My own design for my RS stripes. RS is a package and usually a V6. SS/RS package V8. With dealers and mods what truly is a RS or SS. How many SS came stock from the factory with blowers or other than factory wheels? It's your car, create as you see fit and enjoy it.

Funny that nobody with an SS says they have an RS, but alot of the V6 folks do.

KSX 01-15-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 6040383)

:D True!

-- Go RS looks so much meaner with the Halo's also! :)

GunnyG 01-15-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justa25thTA (Post 6040383)

Funny story...I was at the store one time, and a guy was inquiring about my car. He asked was it an SS or RS? I told him it's a 2SS, non-RS. He went on to tell me he wanted a Camaro, but an RS because it's faster. I then told him RS was an appearance package that includes halo headlights, rear spoiler, body color roof ditch molding, brushed wheels. He scratched his head, and said your car has all of that. I said, I know...and it didn't cost me $1800 either. LoL

camaro_RS 01-15-2013 07:00 PM

My RS package came with a leather steering wheel and shift knob as well I think.....not that that matters....but that's what it came with. It also came with DRL's...which you didn't mention in your original thread OP....so you might want to get those as well? :iono:

You can do what you want OP. You don't need to come on here and ask what to do. Some people will give you a hard time and most people won't notice. That being said, I don't see why you don't just buy LS badges. They do sell those. It's more rare having those than having RS badges, that's for sure.

Many a discussion on here about badging. Inferiority complex is what the majority of people think is the reason for "up"badging.

My Caroline 01-15-2013 08:14 PM

I say leave the badges off. It's not an RS any more than the LS3 Camaros are Corvettes.

Besides, its more fun watching people try to figure your car out. De-badged cars look meaner anyways.

I was getting a lot of looks at cars and coffee because I had an SS fascia on my LS with foglight delete and LS wheels. People who don't know Camaros couldn't figure out what it was.

I am about to install RS lights into my car, and NO I will not be badging it as an RS, I will be buying LS badges to show that an LS can look just as good as the others with a little work.

IBM camaro 01-15-2013 10:08 PM

The rs has nothing to do with anything the lt or 2lt has it's purely the roof ditch molding body color, rs headlights, badges, and taillights. I have all the rs parts but I badged LLT for the engine ihave

MYDLIFECRISIS 01-15-2013 10:13 PM

I smell a V6-V8 debate!

C-redfly 01-16-2013 03:22 AM

I have a 2012 LS. Im in the process of doing a ZL1 body conversion. Thus far I have the ZL1 complete front fascia, RS lights, and rear facia I still need the rocker panels, tl1 insert and wing. I'm considering taking off my 24inch irocs for zl1 replicas but I'm not sure. But after all that I won't put any badges on it. But if I didn't do the ZL1 conversion I would consider the RS badges, it's not like your saying you have a SS.