Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How cool would this have looked if there weren't holes behind the emblem?! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69714)

Matrix 03-08-2010 03:59 AM

How cool would this have looked if there weren't holes behind the emblem?!

I have been searching endlessly to remove the rear bowtie and replace it with something more cooler.

I jumped at this idea I stumbled across and did some quick photoshops to debadged and put the emblem on. The largest emblem I can find is aluminium and 3"x3"

BTW the pictured emblem is not to scale! This is the size it would need to be to cover the holes.

http://www.uddin.kamloops.net/Camaro/silv3a.jpg

Really pissed cos I dont think it will cover the holes.

GRRRRR!!! GM what were you thinking putting those stupid holes there WHY!!!

2 holes to ENSURE the bowties are straight, were they drinking on the job!!!!

GOD!!!!!!!!

Revo1 03-08-2010 04:00 AM

More cooler...

You're right though, the car is a total failure. The entire design team was clearly on drugs while designing this failboat. Stupid holes...

Matrix 03-08-2010 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revo1 (Post 1560418)
More cooler...

You're right though, the car is a total failure. The entire design team was clearly on drugs while designing this failboat. Stupid holes...

LOL!!! No, the car is A+ but holes underneath an emblem stuck on by adhesive do not need to be there!

tjmac49 03-08-2010 04:49 AM

Matrix: Like your idea; looks great!!

Camaro68 03-08-2010 05:10 AM

^^^ :sm0: That is funny :D

Number 3 03-08-2010 06:05 AM

If you were the emblem engineer you would know.

I am sorry but calling these holes "stupid" is really uncalled for.

For the VERY few that remove the bow tie it might make it a lot harder to mod but the 99.9% of buyers that want the bowtie perfectly positioned and solidly attached the hoes are necessary.

Call them inconvenient or say you wish they weren't there but PLEASE don't claim GM failed at this, they didn't.

Ghost of Vincent Price 03-08-2010 06:16 AM

Its not like GM had a problem with emblems falling off before, but I guess this one is a bit bigger.

Sir Nuke 03-08-2010 06:33 AM

Matrix, there is a solution.....go to a good body shop and have them filled in....then put whatever you want there....problem solved. geeeeez, people do ALL KINDS of custom mods all teh time. get over it.....break out your wallet and go for it.

speedster 03-08-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Nuke (Post 1560511)
Matrix, there is a solution.....go to a good body shop and have them filled in....then put whatever you want there....problem solved. geeeeez, people do ALL KINDS of custom mods all teh time. get over it.....break out your wallet and go for it.

Very true. Any competent body shop can fill those in very quickly.

stratman2SSRS 03-08-2010 06:52 AM

You could also fill the holes, black out that panel with vinyl, then apply your emblem.
That would be cheaper than a body shop.

2010 SSRS 03-08-2010 07:09 AM

cool

mlee 03-08-2010 07:10 AM

What were you thinking pulling the bowtie off...:confused0068: Everyone knows there's holes under there...;)

Camaro_Corvette 03-08-2010 07:13 AM

Don't make it red whatever you do. I think it's too much. Maybe a black? Or a different shade of grey:iono:

tmurphycardesign 03-08-2010 07:38 AM

you know those holes are used for locating the badge........that way they are straight all the time.......i think gm would rather have straight chevy badges and have a few complaints like this, than crooked badges and then major complaints from all around