Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V6 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   IPF Camaro V6 vs Procharger Mustang V6 (Soon) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=307174)

BaylorCamaro 07-18-2013 09:04 AM

Very cool, good luck man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.

Agarc 07-18-2013 09:08 AM

lol your wife might end up being faster than you watch out lol

08-G35s/6MT 07-20-2013 08:31 PM

Nice!

MagnumForceGB 07-24-2013 02:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Supposed to get the final parts from IPF today so I started the install. My dad was visiting from North Carolina with my sister and they decided to stay an extra day to help me out (makes getting the bumper off easier). Now I'm just waiting on the UPS truck and the tune. Should be a fun weekend of testing though.

menendez1293 07-24-2013 02:14 PM

Very nice. Do you have any more pictures of the install?

JohnnyBfromPeoria 07-24-2013 02:27 PM

Hope you used loc-tite on those bracket bolts. There's some vibration that goes on there.

Have fun snaking that flexible hose from the intercooler to the throttle body, it's a tight fit and it helps to have two people for that one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John B.

Nutbutt 07-24-2013 02:37 PM

Looking good, I can see another FI permagrin on the horizon :happyanim:

MagnumForceGB 07-24-2013 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyBfromPeoria (Post 6815392)
Hope you used loc-tite on those bracket bolts. There's some vibration that goes on there.

Have fun snaking that flexible hose from the intercooler to the throttle body, it's a tight fit and it helps to have two people for that one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John B.

Got loc-tite on them but I also have the correct torque on them also. They shouldn't move anywhere. I got all the pipes routed correctly, but I am trying to figure out how to route the line from the catch can to the intake (before the supercharger). I got 60 inches of hose and it feels like I need 72 inches (I'll tell my wife I'm coming up 12 inches short again). I got spare though because I routed my driver side line behind the intake manifold and then behind the fuse box, same with the passenger side. I just need to trim the line when I verify everything is fitted correctly. The passenger side is busy but I wanted to keep the drivers side clean since it shows off my painted valve covers with the supercharger in the foreground.

GretchenGotGrowl 07-24-2013 03:42 PM

To be fair, pictures of the mustang are required as well.

:D

Patrick864 RS 07-24-2013 04:22 PM

Looks awesome! What parts are you waiting for? And how long does it usually take for them to get you the tune? For anybody that has the IPF. Cant wait to hear how much you love it! :thumb:

MagnumForceGB 07-24-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS (Post 6815948)
Looks awesome! What parts are you waiting for? And how long does it usually take for them to get you the tune? For anybody that has the IPF. Cant wait to hear how much you love it! :thumb:

IPF said 24 hours for the tune. The parts... I'm waiting on the brake booster check valve, power steering relocation parts, the intake plug and bracket, and spacers for the supercharger brackets. They are supposed to get here today (UPS says out for delivery).

KMPrenger 07-24-2013 05:51 PM

Looking awesome so far! Hope the rest goes well and I can't wait to hear your impressions. Give us a full review!

Nutbutt 07-24-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick864 RS (Post 6815948)

IPF/Arno have the tunes waiting. As soon as I got the flash module I was able to down load from their website and flash the ECU. The first tune gave me an idle dive when I would come to a stop and depress the clutch. Arno had this fix within 1hr and I was running again. Arno has been great with just the obd data I have feedback to him. Car run really great right now. Can't wait to get back from vacation and get it back on the dyno.

MagnumForceGB 07-24-2013 09:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Managed to get most of the install done. Just have to extend the MAF wires and double check all the connections. Then refill the power steering fluid, load a tune when I get it and start her up and hope it works.