Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anyone care to set the record straight with this guy? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93574)

chrisrcromwell 07-06-2010 09:19 PM

Anyone care to set the record straight with this guy?

1 Attachment(s)
OK, so, I got this uncalled for, nasty, jealous email from a Dave Oz. I'll see if I can find a pic of him somewhere & attach it. Part of his incompetent email to me went something like this:

".........And it's too bad you bought a 2011 Camaro, with a V6??!! That car's a total insult to anyone like me, who owns a 1968 Camaro SS 454 in restoration. You could've bought an original for the same price, but now you're stuck with an inferior, plastic-infested, poor quality-GM product with unreliable Chinese-built electronics. At least I can say my SS is the real deal."

Yeah, yeah, blaw, blaw, cry, cry, whatever! Just trailer your rustoration piece of crap back home! Why would I want an old obsolete car for the same price as brand new one with all new features, 29MPG & a warranty?? That makes no financial sence at all!! How dumb!! He must not have thought much about the fact, (in his anger with me), the reason his car is still in restoration after many years and tons of money, is the scarceness & rarity of new parts. You might have a few remanufactured parts left, then there's the junkyard, not much better there. Sure, you have aftermarket which doesn't count as being original or correct. Then he somehow figures that he has the "real deal SS" I would guess being made in America. WRONG! His obsolete ride was made in Canada like all the rest, even 1970's-'80's Pontiac's were made in Canada. He also didnt figure that in the next 20-30 years our beautiful Camaro's will still be like new and continue to run strong. His '68 will just sit in the garage to collect old lawn furniture & boxes due to being too outdated to run with no parts or fluids available. If you see this guy in NM. or on Book With A Face, maybe he can be reminded that it's not the size of the engine, it's the horsepower. Our 5th Gens can run circles around his old rustoration car all day long with a V-6, and more circles with a V-8! Not to mention we have a very good 3 point warranty with GM for our Camaro's with the ability for extended warranty's after. Where is the warranty for this guy's car? Anyone care to back me up with this and toss this guy off his NM. high horse? I wasn't going to post this, but this part of his email to me had nothing to do about anything & it wasn't nessesary at all. So I hope you will always continue to insult this person with your better than his 5th Gen Camaro. That would be a pretty cool piece of revenge! By the way Dave, where's the pics of this '68 on your Book With A Face page? If he likes taking pics so much, wheres the pics for this rustoration car? Maybe he's hiding under his desk and won't answer. That's typical. At least I have pics on Book With A Face :thumbsup:of my car. Anyway, I feel better now that I vented all that out. I wanted to report him for abuse, but wasn't able to. What do you think? Am I off base here? Or does this guy just not know what in the %^&* he's talking about? On the other hand, maybe I shouldn't worry about it too much, mine is brand new, no miles, new features, warranty, his isn't. Here is a pic of Dave Oz on Book With A Face. He is riding little bicycles since his only transportation is an old '68 Camaro that's not running it seems. Go figure?

Gigachip 07-06-2010 09:21 PM

Canada is in America :facepalm:

PQ 07-06-2010 09:22 PM

I like him. :)

KungFuHamster 07-06-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisrcromwell (Post 2065855)
WRONG! His obsolete ride was made in Canada like all the rest

a 1968 Camaro SS is "obsolete"? put the crack pipe down!!

NicksVSix 07-06-2010 09:25 PM

Your Camaro could probably dust his in a race...

Regardless....exactly why is he sending you abusive emails?...we need some background here!

motorhead 07-06-2010 09:26 PM

What did you do to piss him off.

NicksVSix 07-06-2010 09:27 PM

Gotta agree with KungFuhamster here....I'd kill for a 1st gen Camaro.....doesn't mean I don't love my 5th gen, but 1st gen is the ultimate.

40years 07-06-2010 09:28 PM

A 1968 Camaro NEVER came with a 454 from the factory. Therefore, not the real deal SS.

PQ 07-06-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 40years (Post 2065897)
A 1968 Camaro NEVER came with a 454 from the factory. Therefore, not the real deal SS.

I thought the same thing. But I like the guy. He sounds like one of those guys that is totaly fun to piss off. Just for the hell of it.

Piss him off and watch him go. :sm0:

oldfriend 07-06-2010 09:34 PM

NO IS NOT , CANADA IS IN NORTH AMERICA NOT IN AMERICA GO AND CHECK IT'S LIKE THIS NORTH AMERICA , CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA , SEE

PQ 07-06-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldfriend (Post 2065912)
NO IS NOT , CANADA IS IN NORTH AMERICA NOT IN AMERICA GO AND CHECK IT'S LIKE THIS NORTH AMERICA , CENTRAL AMERICA AND SOUTH AMERICA , SEE

:bs:

Canada is in the north pole.

40years 07-06-2010 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2065908)
I thought the same thing. But I like the guy. He sounds like one of those guys that is totaly fun to piss off. Just for the hell of it.

Piss him off and watch him go. :sm0:

Oh, you mean like one of those wind up doll. I get it.:laugh:

Revo1 07-06-2010 09:35 PM

Why all the black-on-black crime brothaz???

Seriously, what's with V8 owners coming down on V6 drivers? Oughtta have comeradery, not guile. Uncalled for, and kinda pathetic on his part. Maybe he feels like gen 5 is stealing his thunder... Insecure much?

I didn't even read the OP's response, it looks long-winded and probably full of jaded insults and negativity for 1st gens and their drivers. A Camaro is a Camaro, guys*. Just wave back when I pass you.

*Except for gen 4, those make me :barf:

Ravirn 07-06-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 2065864)
Canada is in America :facepalm:

:canada: WOOO! "Made in Canada" just means it's better built. :yikes:Our boys & girls in Oshawa are da bomb diggity! :mad0233:
Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2065868)
I like him. :)

Me too. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by KungFuHamster (Post 2065881)
a 1968 Camaro SS is "obsolete"? put the crack pipe down!!

1st Gens alllllmost rule. Next to my 2010, a '67 is my next purchase. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicksVSix (Post 2065884)
Your Camaro could probably dust his in a race... Regardless....exactly why is he sending you abusive emails?...we need some background here!

This was the first question to cross my mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2065888)
What did you do to piss him off.

Aaand this was the second question to cross my mind. :thumbsup: We're missing some info, here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicksVSix (Post 2065890)
Gotta agree with KungFuhamster here.... I'd kill for a 1st gen Camaro.....doesn't mean I don't love my 5th gen, but 1st gen is the ultimate.

I hear ya!! :thumbup: