Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Suspension / Brakes / Chassis (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   Track Weekend Review of RacingBrake 2 piece rotors (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294470)

SPCBA 05-20-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6568112)
Pics of these calipers would be nice.

i may get pics of some...without the mounting hardware/adapter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver-SS (Post 6568995)
Don't suppose you could talk them into giving me a good deal on rotors for zl1 calipers while your there could you? Lol.

afraid you are on your own for that one.

SPCBA 05-21-2013 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic of weight of caliper without pads or mounting hardware. plus some weight of the packing stuff.

SPCBA 05-21-2013 02:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
pic of half the caliper and a great shot of the pistons

SPCBA 05-21-2013 02:28 PM

so they have a camaro spindle in their hands and are making test fits. they will have access to a camaro with both the oem 20s and 18s for the track for further fitment clarifications. People who are taking preorders are probably jumping the gun but not by much ;)

They will have a total upgrade kit or package containing rotors and calipers as well as sell them normally. It will be in their website soon.

High gloss black blue and red powdercoat for those that care about colors. Blue is a more expensive color fyi.

I will have a review of their oem caliper rebuild kit (install and track review) as well as some of their track pads after my next track day on June 1st.

jeremywes 05-21-2013 02:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6570966)
pic of weight of caliper without pads or mounting hardware. plus some weight of the packing stuff.

It's only a 4 potter? You think it would be worth the price to replace the brembos with these or do the CTS-V set?

Also looking at how I could mod these for track usage. for 2k these are a bargin. Would need to source some 12.91" rotors and machine a bracket but I bet I could find an existing bracket that is already very close.

Attachment 512682

Attachment 512687

Attachment 512688

Attachment 512689

SPCBA 05-21-2013 02:32 PM

ohh ya forgot to mention the allen head bolts that keep the pads in. amazing concept instead of the pins.... i am pretty sure with these calipers we can change pads without taking the wheels off...beat that.

SPCBA 05-21-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremywes (Post 6571015)
It's only a 4 potter? You think it would be worth the price to replace the brembos with these or do the CTS-V set?

Also looking at how I could mod these for track usage. for 2k these are a bargin. Would need to source some 12.91" rotors and machine a bracket but I bet I could find an existing bracket that is already very close.

Attachment 512682

i am confused by your questions and picture.

I can say only you can decide whats right for you. They do make ctsv/zl1 sized rotors and caliper rebuild kits i know for sure. Not sure if they make the caliper to be honest.

If you are asking my opinion. I like the weight loss. I wish to see my completed setup brake against a ctsv oem setup.

The Stig 05-21-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6571019)
ohh ya forgot to mention the allen head bolts that keep the rotors in. amazing concept instead of the pins.... i am pretty sure with these calipers we can change pads without taking the wheels off...beat that.

That would be awesome - do they have an estimated price yet for these?

Virus 05-21-2013 08:29 PM

I saw a picture of them on apex's Facebook page.

SPCBA 05-21-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stig (Post 6571104)
That would be awesome - do they have an estimated price yet for these?

I have an idea...but dont know if i am supposed to say. It should be on RB's website soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus (Post 6572475)
I saw a picture of them on apex's Facebook page.

yes Apex and Chase specifically have been as excited for this product as I am. FYI Chase RB says your a quality no problem vendor. Many of us here know that...might be nice to hear me paraphrasing that from one of your suppliers.

Virus 05-21-2013 10:44 PM

They looked good, if its cheaper then going ctsv stage 2 then i would get them

Apex Motorsports 05-22-2013 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPCBA (Post 6573136)

yes Apex and Chase specifically have been as excited for this product as I am. FYI Chase RB says your a quality no problem vendor. Many of us here know that...might be nice to hear me paraphrasing that from one of your suppliers.

Glad to hear that. Otherwise I would have to send in the muscle.

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/wrench.gif

jeremywes 05-22-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex Chase (Post 6573843)
Glad to hear that. Otherwise I would have to send in the muscle.

http://apex-speed.com/images/emoticons/wrench.gif

In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!

Doc 05-22-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeremywes (Post 6573997)
In that case I think you guys suck... You can send the muscle to Houston TX!!!

:laughabove: