Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   8/31 TPW CHECK IN, WEEEEEEE!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36327)

baumy2eagle 08-21-2009 05:48 PM

smooth operator, if i were you definitely change your order, if you want a camaro and were planning on getting the v8 and now can't, dude the v6 will be just fine too. You can still save your car bro.....just really buckle down on the internet, don't spend as much time here (WHAT) yea this site takes up all my time too. seriously though, hold your head up buddy, something will come around, if your motivated enough as a camaro is some pretty damn good motivation you'll find something!
good luck man and hopefully you'll get to operate that fine piece of machine smoothly very soon

smoothoperator 08-21-2009 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by baumy2eagle (Post 828161)
smooth operator, if i were you definitely change your order, if you want a camaro and were planning on getting the v8 and now can't, dude the v6 will be just fine too. You can still save your car bro.....just really buckle down on the internet, don't spend as much time here (WHAT) yea this site takes up all my time too. seriously though, hold your head up buddy, something will come around, if your motivated enough as a camaro is some pretty damn good motivation you'll find something!
good luck man and hopefully you'll get to operate that fine piece of machine smoothly very soon

Thanks Baumy I hear that about the Camaro being motivation to find a new job ASAP but it's still tough in the current economy... at least for something decent. But if all the 8/31 TPW's moved to 3300 I don't even think its possible to change the order anymore... I may just have to re-order and wait all over again... lol

2SSRS/SS396 08-21-2009 09:23 PM

I'm at 3300 too!

Should move a little quicker now but even after it's built it will suck waiting for it to arrive. Good luck to you smoothoperator keep your head up.:thumbsup:

SSPooler2010 08-22-2009 08:00 AM

Lets hope everything goes smoothly for our production week! I don't know how much longer I am going to be able to wait!!! Also, the way the weather has been, I will be picking it up, and running it home to the garage because of snow! I am hoping for some indian summer!

bpoirier 08-22-2009 03:48 PM

I just found out from the Viz my order has gone 3300. Hopefully it will arrive by the end of Sept. Smooth good luck with the job search. I am thankful I have a good job. I don't know what I'd do if I was in your shoes. It stinks you won't be able to keep your Camaro.

camaro151 08-23-2009 09:23 AM

im at 3300 to!!!! woo hooo!!! :happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happy anim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim:: happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happya nim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::happyanim::h appyanim::happyanim::happyanim:

R1Ecko 08-23-2009 01:49 PM

You guys in the north are lucky. Judging from delivery times you won't have to wait as long. Although it's still hot in Oct in TX so I guess it might even out

R1Ecko 08-23-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothoperator (Post 827097)
Wonder if I am the only one that ever wished they could delay my order to buy time to find a new job.... lol

hey smooth, is there anyway you can find someone in line after you at the dealership and switch spots? I'm sure they wouldn't mind being bumped up and it would give you more time to look for work. Ask your dealer to check his orders for something similiar

skuttduck 08-23-2009 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1Ecko (Post 834178)
You guys in the north are lucky. Judging from delivery times you won't have to wait as long. Although it's still hot in Oct in TX so I guess it might even out

As long as my painted engine cover isn't going to delay me, I could be one of the first to get it.

I know for the fact that the train tracks that leave the station here go to Toronto. With Oshawa just beyond Toronto, I could be one of the first to get their car. We shall have to see though.

I've peeked at the other threads and did notice that the most of the rail appears to be taking the train tracks through Michigan and down into Chicago.

I would love to have my car to drive to Florida for my vacation in October, so that would be a great way to break it in.

2SSRS/SS396 08-23-2009 06:52 PM

I've heard that most orders are built around 1 week after they go to 3300. Do you think we could actually have built cars next week?

RedRaider 08-24-2009 08:36 AM

Anyone hit 3400 yet? I've noticed in past weeks people hitting 3400 nearly a week before TPW.

BB_Yellow2010 08-24-2009 09:47 AM

I haven't checket yet, I'll go ask Viz to track and see if I'm 3400, I'll report back..

ldturner01 08-24-2009 06:17 PM

Hey Guys, Just found this thread, been catching up. I got lucky. I only had to wait a couple of weeks for an allocation from my dealer when I finally made the decision to go for it. Turan Foley in Gulfport MS was the only one around charging MSRP. I was apalled at the ones charging thousands over. How dare they!
I love the south except its not fair to have to wait longer for delivery.

R1Ecko 08-25-2009 11:03 AM

I went to 3400 today! So we should all be gettin built next week. Hopefully in the beginning so they can hit the railyard by Friday and start their long journey home. 36 +/- days till it's sitting in my driveway!