Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EDMUNDS shootout: Camaro vs. Mustang vs. Challenger!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16335)

fad1 03-22-2009 11:58 PM

EDMUNDS shootout: Camaro vs. Mustang vs. Challenger!!!

Inside Line Compares Mustang GT, Camaro SS, and Challenger R/T

find out who the winner is .......................

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..1.*

Sorry if its a repost.

TJ91 03-23-2009 12:00 AM

Repost but its a reall good review

blackZbandit 03-23-2009 12:24 AM

I also love how all 3 cars are similarly equipped but the Camaro still came out their top pick AND the cheapest... and can't for get this:

Quote:

There's little more to be said than the Camaro is back. In a big way. And SS once again truly means Super Sport.

CommandoSS 03-23-2009 12:24 AM

Best review to date. Makes some great points to the people complaining about the interior and rear visibility.

This car is meant to be driven hard and driven fast - not sit in a show room so that all of your buddies can look at the interior.

It's as simple as that.

TJ91 03-23-2009 12:35 AM

Commando, the bumper on your sig is just killer, cant wait to see what the aftermarket will have

THE EVIL TW1N 03-23-2009 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackZbandit (Post 356838)
LOL at the Mustang turned the opposite direction from the SS and the RT in the vid... I gues it didn't want anyone to see its little 'engine'. :laugh:

umm.... the 4.6 is bigger than either the LS3 and the Hemi. :laughabove:

Bawt 03-23-2009 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N (Post 356894)
umm.... the 4.6 is bigger than either the LS3 and the Hemi. :laughabove:

The Hemi is a 5.7l and the LS3 is a 6.2l...

Am I misunderstanding something?

THE EVIL TW1N 03-23-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bawt (Post 356904)
The Hemi is a 5.7l and the LS3 is a 6.2l...

Am I misunderstanding something?

have you seen a 4.6??

stovt001 03-23-2009 02:14 AM

The wars are back indeed. This review sounds much more accepting of the Camaro than the stand-alone review from Friday. They've now gone the other way on the feeling of weight and agility and now say the Camaro actually does feel pretty agile. That's very good to know! They still hate the wheel and plastics, but since no one else has really made that complaint and Cars.com said the plastics, though hard, were still actually very good, I'll take those criticisms with a grain of salt. Visibility, hopefully it is just something I can get used to.

What about the other cars? This shootout definitely reaffirmed my positions on them. The Challenger is stupid, slow, plodding, doddering, low quality, obese, nothing more than a style statement. The Mustang, on the other hand, is very tempting. I really think I should test drive one before deciding. The lower weight and smaller size are definitely upsides for me, and I liked the interior of the one I sat in. Despite its lack of power it is absolutely a competitive rival to the Camaro, and I have to respect Ford for what they've been able to do with a solid rear axle. A worthy competitor indeed.

I'll consider the Mustang along with the Camaro, but for now I guess I'll have to assume Edmunds is right - Camaro wins!

Italianwhiplash 03-23-2009 10:11 AM

Unfair review in my opinion. Lets compare it to a srt8, ss, and whatever the highest model of the new mustang is. this isn't the 60's here this is a new century . get all the high models in on it

justmeron 03-23-2009 10:15 AM

Camaro wins. woot!

Speedy1975 03-23-2009 10:19 AM

Interesting reviews. I gotta say I'm a little surprised at how well the Mustang does. I mean it's over 100 HP down in power. To bad it's just another Mustang.

Icewinds 03-23-2009 10:25 AM

I don't get why Ford won't ditch the archaic rear axle. With up-to-date architecture that car could kick major butt, and not just in the muscle car segment. I definitely like where they're going with the 2010 model, but solid rear axle in 21st century is just a big NO for me.

fdjizm 03-23-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash (Post 357209)
Unfair review in my opinion. Lets compare it to a srt8, ss, and whatever the highest model of the new mustang is. this isn't the 60's here this is a new century . get all the high models in on it

can't compare them it's out of price range... thats the rule on these here forums.