Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   C5FestII book idea maybe?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=144332)

SA CHEVY 04-29-2011 07:55 PM

C5FestII book idea maybe??

Well just reading through all the threads from our awesome time this year...looking through the pictures both posted and on my phone...and started thinking that I wonder if whomever is putting the book together would be interested in adding something like I used to see in my old yearbooks from school...

The idea that popped in my head is maybe to have us vote for people to appear in the book under certain categories....for example...Most Memorable Person...Longest Distance Driven...Most Likely to Get a Ticket...Most Memorable Car...Most Memorable Moment...just to name a few ideas there...

The winners could send in a picture of themselves with their car to appear in the book...again it was just an idea as I'm not the one putting the book together but figured it would be something fun and funny for everyone to recap with when they look in their book to reflect on the awesome weekend/time we all had...

With that said....what do you guys think?? :iono:

ElManny 04-30-2011 11:53 AM

Good idea Hillary :)

camaros and vettes 04-30-2011 12:19 PM

EITHER NEITHER!!

Milk 1027 04-30-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaros and vettes (Post 3163023)
EITHER NEITHER!!

LMAO

ElManny 04-30-2011 12:50 PM

Lol:facepalm:

SA CHEVY 05-01-2011 02:22 PM

Well the idea didn't take off exactly lol but worth a shot...

PoorMansCamaro 05-01-2011 05:35 PM

probably would have been a good idea to bring up before the fest, so people could have prepared better. lol

CamaroSpike23 05-02-2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA CHEVY (Post 3166623)
Well the idea didn't take off exactly lol but worth a shot...

Johndawg could try it, but it would be a massive undertaking as there's easily over 1000 photos submitted for the C5FII book already.

we may do this next year as an "extra" thing.

I know the first year we did a small "longest" drive award, but we'll see.

CamaroSkooter 05-02-2011 07:42 AM

The Canadians always win that award :laugh:

CamaroSpike23 05-02-2011 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter (Post 3169747)
The Canadians always win that award :laugh:

they may not next year... depending on where we end up at... and which part of Canada they are driving from...and which part of the country we have the fest at... and if they are already on vacation near the location... and... the other 5000+things we have to look at before we can guarantee them the award

camaros and vettes 05-02-2011 12:17 PM

sounds like north east than to me :(

CamaroSpike23 05-02-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaros and vettes (Post 3170742)
sounds like north east than to me :(

thats not what I said. could be northwest, or northnorth, or northsouth, or eastwest, or westnorth, or eastnorth or central north, or east central, or central central or left, or right, or up, or down...

:D

SA CHEVY 05-02-2011 07:30 PM

Well it won't make it to the book this year then but perhaps something to ponder for next years event and maybe at the end of day 2 (or day 3 if the event gets even longer next year) whatever the last day is of leaving we could turn in our votes. Maybe have the voting cards in the goodie bags or something of the sort...hell i don't even know anymore lol

CamaroSpike23 05-03-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SA CHEVY (Post 3172613)
Well it won't make it to the book this year then but perhaps something to ponder for next years event and maybe at the end of day 2 (or day 3 if the event gets even longer next year) whatever the last day is of leaving we could turn in our votes. Maybe have the voting cards in the goodie bags or something of the sort...hell i don't even know anymore lol

I like where your heads at.

what we could do is get a list of "awards" like those you mentioned and have a card in the goody bags.

the only downside to that is if we get 1000+people filling those cards out... I dont want to be the one to tally the results :yikes:

now, we could do something on here following the fest and have a poll after people's choices are submitted with the top 5 moments/people/etc and let the site pick then add it to the book. dunno... we'll have to refine the idea a little but we can probably find a way to make it work