Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2017 Camaro Fest (VII) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Official CamaroFest VII announcement thread (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=444295)

mlee 03-14-2016 12:40 PM

Official CamaroFest VII announcement thread

First off, thanks for your patience.

The next CamaroFest will be in spring 2017. We are targeting the month of April.

The last fest was extremely well attended and enjoyed in Bowling Green. We could have easily turned it around and done a repeat in 2016, but we didn't want to return to BG unless it was huge and nothing less. They support us well there, and no doubt we will be back someday and do it right.

We are very excited to say that we've made the decision to set our sites West, again! But to make that happen, it needs to be in the Spring as we did with Valdosta, Chandler and Baytown due to heat. Unfortunately that didn't leave us with enough time between Fest IV, in BG, and now to put that together for 2016 - even though we have been trying hard.

Now in the meantime, on to what IS happening in 2016…Holley was a huge supporter at Fest VI and we hope to get as many Camaros out to LS Fest as we can. The Holley LS Fest is being held the weekend after Labor Day, September 9 through the 11th...If we get enough interest they will provide us with "Camaro Corral" parking on the track side (Please "Sign up" in the next post). We also want to gauge interest in a Camaro5/6 Track Day at the National Corvette Museum track the same weekend, so you can do both...sort of a "mini fest". Discussions are ongoing between us and the great folks with Holley - and more details to come - but we do need some feedback from everyone who wants to run this awesome track again!

Finally, we wanted to share with you all that we're working with a new partner this year to provide a very unique experience for you in the Michigan area, later this summer. Because of the nature of the event and the partnership, we cannot discuss the details, location, or date before everything is written in stone. However, we can tell you about this special event, and that it is the "big deal" we've been hinting at for a few months..

GoldCartridgeGamer 03-14-2016 06:44 PM

Thanks Mike! I already planned on LS Fest so count me in. Also, I figured something was up for the big event. I am still calling my prediction it has to do with GM and the 6th gen.

Russell James 03-14-2016 06:46 PM

:thumb:

I'm in for both, LS Fest and the Michigan surprise!

tonyfred 03-14-2016 06:47 PM

Quick question...when I go to the LS Fest website and click register it carries me to the 2015 registration page. I would assume 2016 would be open to register but I am not sure. Anyone have a better link that this one?

https://www.holley.com/events/lsfest/

RJT2SSRS 03-14-2016 06:47 PM

Thanks for the info mlee. I would very much like to do the track day again:-) :-)
Maybe no rain this time .

The LS fest seems like a good idea also.

Oh yeah that next event seems real do able

Already signed up for the event in Ypsilanti.

Trickskier 03-14-2016 06:48 PM

Thanks for the update - Looking forward to more information on upcoming events.

its a syn 03-14-2016 06:48 PM

I would LOVE to get back on the NCM track again! Please make it happen.

mlee 03-14-2016 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfred (Post 8967003)
Quick question...when I go to the LS Fest website and click register it carries me to the 2015 registration page. I would assume 2016 would be open to register but I am not sure. Anyone have a better link that this one?

https://www.holley.com/events/lsfest/

They are not open for registration yet. Will be sure and post the link as soon as they do.:happy0180:

GMteSSted 03-14-2016 07:00 PM

Absolutely, track day at LS Fest!!

jjbrooks700 03-14-2016 07:01 PM

Definitely in for a track day at LS Fest!!

tonyfred 03-14-2016 07:03 PM

Feel fortunate that I just snagged a room at the Holiday Inn in BG for the LS Fest. Didnt look like many left. Thats the host hotel and is a great spot for another parking lot party! Or two! Or three!
Come on guys. We can turn this into a CamaroFest. Just show up!

tonyfred 03-14-2016 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 8967013)
They are not open for registration yet. Will be sure and post the link as soon as they do.:happy0180:

Thanks Mike. I parked next to you one night at the Fest last year. Hope to see you again at the LS Fest!

mlee 03-14-2016 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfred (Post 8967038)
Thanks Mike. I parked next to you one night at the Fest last year. Hope to see you again at the LS Fest!

... and we had a nice chat too. Was great meeting you there.

Retro69 03-14-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyfred (Post 8967033)
Feel fortunate that I just snagged a room at the Holiday Inn in BG for the LS Fest. Didnt look like many left. Thats the host hotel and is a great spot for another parking lot party! Or two! Or three!
Come on guys. We can turn this into a CamaroFest. Just show up!

Maybe another hotel could be snagged as host for the Camaro5/6 crowd?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk