Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Transport Companies (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=526648)

Stro 04-20-2018 05:21 AM

Transport Companies

Will be moving south soon and am looking for a trustworthy auto transport company. I'd appreciate any recommendations. Thanks!

rich2342 04-20-2018 06:59 AM

Interested as well. I just got a pretty reasonable quote or two as I am shopping.

Montway Auto. Can't speak to reliability yet, but they are insured.

JB'sZL1 04-20-2018 07:44 AM

There are a number of them. Insurance is a must...get the insurance cover before signing.

rich2342 04-20-2018 08:07 AM

How do you know if its sight unseen any potential scratches etc?

Do they do a video walk around?

JB'sZL1 04-20-2018 08:11 AM

Most reputable transporters will make notes of any damage before loading. Get a copy of that memorialization upon pickup.

BlackMambaZL1 04-20-2018 08:56 AM

Make sure they cover all issues in transport. My brother had a truck moved from Houston to Seattle. The ramp broke when it was coming off the truck and it fell 3 ft. They fixed the physical damage but when it fell it cracked some electronics on the inside. They wouldn't replace anything electronics and they showed him the fine print in the contract. My brother was working for a very large company you all know and they paid for the transport of the vehicles when he had to move. When he had to move again he paid me to drive his cars to his new location. (I was in college and needed the money and I got to see a lot of the country haha)

Moral of the story... read the fine print haha.

rich2342 04-20-2018 09:02 AM

Well,

Who is good and quick? Time to dealer?

Coop[580 04-20-2018 12:25 PM

I had montway ship mine from Texas to Indiana. I think it was 3-4 days. Price was around 650 I believe. Driver checked in quit abit. I was happy. Try UShip.com. That’s how i got a good price If u call the shipper directly your price will bit higher. I did the 7 day auction i believe. Just depends on how fast u need delivery.

rich2342 04-20-2018 01:22 PM

Prices are pretty good. 525 for PA to MA. Only question open or closed trailer? Closed adds about 200 bucks.

ZEDL1 04-20-2018 02:44 PM

I'm having my ZL1 transported from Toronto, Canada, to Plymouth, Indiana, at some point later this year.
I spoke with several companies, and have decided upon Reliable. The B-J people like them, and their price quote of just over $1000 USD (sorry, I'm in America now and my notes are back in Toronto) plus border fees was just a bit better than anyone else that I found. Moving a car within the US would likely be less expensive.
I do feel good trusting my car with a company with the reputation that Reliable has earned. I do not want to speak ill of any other company, most of which I'm seeing here I'd not heard of before. Trying only to offer my thoughts to the OP to help. That's what we do on this forum.

Olddudesrule 04-20-2018 03:18 PM

Second for Reliable. Not the cheapest, but probably the best. Like other's have said, research and look at reviews, their insurance is a must, document with video or photos when the car is picked up and delivered. If you care about your paint, hired an enclosed. Non-enclosed is cheaper, but subject to the elements.

Stro 04-21-2018 06:55 AM

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate the recommendations and advice. My last experience with an auto transport was years ago and did not end well. I shipped my brand new 944 from NJ to CA and it arrived with extensive damage. The story I got was that my car was on the top level of the truck over the cab and the driver scraped an overpass. It was at slow speed, but the damage was pretty severe nevertheless. I'll be going enclosed this time for sure!

NVERL8TE 04-21-2018 11:05 AM

I recommend Pilot Transport, they shipped my 67 Camaro and I just hired them to ship the CTSV wagon I just purchased. I shipped enclosed both times, a bit more money but no worries then.

Iron Lung Jimmy 04-21-2018 02:40 PM

I have used Intercity Lines ... http://www.intercitylines.com/... by no means inexpensive but you will have no worries whatsoever. None.

Car transportation, like, say, cosmetic surgery, is not the place you want to try to save a few bucks... the downside is too severe.

It's almost worth the price just to see their truck. It will probably be cleaner than your car.