Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - New England (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who's still working? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572473)

Happy_Dan 03-26-2020 06:33 AM

Who's still working?

Just curious, how many people are still working in an office?
How many are at home but working?
How many are not working?

I have been working from the office. As long as we had people in the building someone from management has to be here. We have about 1000 people normally but we are down to about 50 and most of those will be home tomorrow.

Today is my last day in the office and I am going home for the duration today.

The office is actually quite safe, hardly anyone here and it's amazing to see the cleaning that is always going on.

Hope all are safe and have income.

SCHUSS 03-26-2020 08:29 AM

I'm still working, we are considered essential manufacturing.
We've given employees the option to stay home if they feel unsafe at work, without repercussions. A few have taking us up on it, but most want to work.

RankSS 03-26-2020 08:35 AM

I am still working. I am in commercial and industrial construction.
We are taking a lot of precautions and I am the self appointed Covid Cop.

POWERFREAK 03-26-2020 09:08 AM

Still working from home (self employed video producer/shooter/editor). I have a back-log of editing work to keep me busy for another week or 2, all other work was put on hold. I'll probably start making lego movies with my kids if this shit keeps up for a while.

ZED SLED 03-26-2020 09:10 AM

Hey guys, I used to run UpstateC5 until I 'Escaped from NY' last fall. Now I'm a validation test engineer at Garmin in Cary, NC. This facility is mostly software engineers and of 110 employees at this location there are 95-100 working from home. I work at home occasionally, but since I can't take a test lab home with me, I have been coming in. At 1:00 the county is supposed to issue a stay at home order. If we are declared non-essential I get paid for up to 4 wks if not working from home. If essential, will continue to come in. After all, someone has to support those boating, fishing, scuba, and fitness products for all those people 'working' from home. Right?:smiling1:

fhrex 03-26-2020 09:21 AM

still working: asst. service manager in GMC dealership

0stones0 03-26-2020 10:05 AM

Shut down for 1 day until The Under Secretary of Defense deemed us essential. We build turbine DC3’s. Customers around the planet.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-26-2020 10:22 AM

I'm a digital designer, I've been working from home full-time since the 12th. Luckily my agency is able to function remotely for an extended period of time.

Still able to work my 40 hours a week, while also being a Dad. It's been tough, but I'm thankful that I'm able.

Ernie70 03-26-2020 11:53 AM

I work in production of touring and Corp events. Also a systems tech for a night club. Layed off both jobs a week ago. Night clubs shut down due to Mayors orders , and Prod. house shut down due to show cancellations.

ABM2SS 03-26-2020 12:16 PM

I am also working from home (Mechanical Engineer), but there things that I cannot do remotely so I go into the office occasionally. We build lighting mostly for heavy truck and trailer. But also some automotive OEM and aftermarket lighting. We are considered essential since some of our product are for military applications.

Evil-Bee-NH 03-26-2020 02:37 PM

Still slogging away trying to get Packages to peoples at FedEx Express. If your closed come get your stuff or arrange for it to be held at a Retail or Office location. The pallets of boxes and envelopes is getting rather large.

scott's45 03-26-2020 03:57 PM

I've been teleworking at home for two weeks now, and directed to do so until further notice. I did go to one of our offices today in Manchester, nice little cruise out of the house.

StingrayblueSS 03-26-2020 04:10 PM

Still working, we are considered essential because we produce materials that go into many types of ppe for healthcare workers

KenKat 03-26-2020 05:11 PM

Working from home since last Friday. IT field, happy to be still employed.