Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off-topic Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   New years resolution? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=517850)

jshaf 01-07-2018 08:56 AM

New years resolution?

any one have any? I didn't make any this year because I already started getting in shape and losing weight back in early October. have lost close to 60 lbs in three months. feel great!

jshaf 01-07-2018 07:37 PM

down 62lbs in just under three months :)

detamble13 01-08-2018 08:26 AM

Congrats. I imagine you've made some significant changes to accomplish the weight loss.
To answer your question, no I haven't made any resolutions. I take January off from drinking but that's just to offset the holiday glut.

JLSuperfly 01-08-2018 12:52 PM

Stop drinking for good. In 2016, I stopped drinking because of my blood test results. In 2017, my results were good so I started drinking again (around Fall). I bet my results scheduled for next month will be crap again. Bourbon is the devil.

detamble13 01-08-2018 01:14 PM

Maybe one day... but for now I enjoy some drinks on the weekend and contain it to that. Too much good beer and Whiskey in the great white north.

jshaf 01-08-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detamble13 (Post 10034966)
Congrats. I imagine you've made some significant changes to accomplish the weight loss.
To answer your question, no I haven't made any resolutions. I take January off from drinking but that's just to offset the holiday glut.

won't bore you with the details unless you really want to know. but yes, significant changes but it isn't as bad as some think. following a Ketogenic or Keto diet, doing intermittent fasting and extended fasts. not sure most people would be up for it but it works great thus far and hardly ever hungry and have ample energy!

Ryanbabz71 01-08-2018 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaf (Post 10034694)
down 62lbs in just under three months :)

Wow awesome

I am down around 20lbs since summer. I am not to worried about weight, just want tor deuce my gut. Been lifting and working out regularly since October. Definitely not a resolution.

Ryan B.

jshaf 01-08-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 10035775)
Wow awesome

I am down around 20lbs since summer. I am not to worried about weight, just want tor deuce my gut. Been lifting and working out regularly since October. Definitely not a resolution.

Ryan B.

had no energy to detail my car, or at least that was part of it. lost 5,7,7, and 7 the last four weeks, 26 lbs pretty much just falling off! guess I just found my sweet spot :) now really looking forward to my big spring detail!!

Ryanbabz71 01-09-2018 06:01 AM

My biggest way to loose has been to eliminate/reduce bread consumption and not eating snacks before bed huge difference

Ryan B.

Expunge 01-09-2018 08:11 AM

I walk around 60K steps per week.(gotta love fitbit)

Sub'd out water for soda's, no pizza, try to stay away from anything fried, and reduced fast food to maybe once a week. That plus lots of push-ups and I have lost over 30lbs since August and put on some muscle.

Now I fit comfortably in the Recaro's on a 6th gen ZL1 whereas before at 250ish I did not.

detamble13 01-09-2018 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jshaf (Post 10035729)
won't bore you with the details unless you really want to know. but yes, significant changes but it isn't as bad as some think. following a Ketogenic or Keto diet, doing intermittent fasting and extended fasts. not sure most people would be up for it but it works great thus far and hardly ever hungry and have ample energy!

Having energy and the ability to focus is the biggest advantage to being in decent shape. Not sure I could give up bread so a Keto diet probably isn't for me. But I'm trying to trim down a bit by controlling my portion sizes.
Always good to hear success stories so thanks for the inspiration.

Gigachip 01-09-2018 06:54 PM

fix my back and get back into my YouTube channel full time
also, work on my truck and turn it into my dream raptor

jshaf 01-09-2018 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryanbabz71 (Post 10035997)
My biggest way to loose has been to eliminate/reduce bread consumption and not eating snacks before bed huge difference

Ryan B.

doing a Keto diet so basically you eliminate bread, rice, potato's, all sugary sweets. takes a few days to adjust but it is the best decision I have ever made :thumb:

jshaf 01-09-2018 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 10036745)
fix my back and get back into my YouTube channel full time
also, work on my truck and turn it into my dream raptor

I bought My SS used, the guy that traded it in got a Raptor