Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   ny dash abl (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49529)

5thGen 10-28-2009 05:40 PM

ny dash abl

does anybody know anybody in ny that will do my dash ambient lighting for me .. i dont wanna f**k wit my new car

Captain Awesome 10-28-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5thGen (Post 1102770)
does anybody know anybody in ny that will do my dash ambient lighting for me .. i dont wanna fuk wit my new car

It depends on how you want it done.

I've pretty much concluded that it's impossible to get the panels in the front to light the same way that the doors light up. You can make them light up but they end up lighting in a way that doesn't match the OEM of the doors. To make them match you would need to modify the doors.

It all comes down to the way the paint needs to be sanded. The necessity of sanding the dash trim panels makes them look non-OEM.

I've been playing around with some ideas for making true OEM looking dash panels, but I wish I had a spare trim piece to work on because I don't want to mess mine up.

If anyone has one they replaced because they oversanded it, or one from a wreck or even a broken one, drop me a PM.

TAG UR IT 10-29-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 1104483)
It depends on how you want it done.

I've pretty much concluded that it's impossible to get the panels in the front to light the same way that the doors light up. You can make them light up but they end up lighting in a way that doesn't match the OEM of the doors. To make them match you would need to modify the doors.

It all comes down to the way the paint needs to be sanded. The necessity of sanding the dash trim panels makes them look non-OEM.

I've been playing around with some ideas for making true OEM looking dash panels, but I wish I had a spare trim piece to work on because I don't want to mess mine up.

If anyone has one they replaced because they oversanded it, or one from a wreck or even a broken one, drop me a PM.

Wanna buy my old ones?:D

New ones are 84 for the passenger and 40 for the driver side. YOWZA!

I'm just going to hold off and try to get some paint. I have been thinking of sanding down the door panels. But, really....with that line you sand in the dash, it doesn't look bad.

nessa131 10-31-2009 10:25 AM

I just got my Camaro back from a shop in central arkansas- and everything Looks Factory! they sanded and everything and it looks perfect- I will have some pics up hopefully be the end of the weekend- but if anyone needs any work done i would suggest B&W body works!~ They are sooo awesome!