Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - Rockies / Midwest (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Colorado Tuners (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102875)

jimmyj333 08-27-2010 09:51 PM

Colorado Tuners

I am trying to find top notch tuner's in Colorado ( denver metro ) or statewide.

I have maggie 3.6", cam, Kooks lt's with full 3", Fastlane cai. The tune I have I don't feel comfortable with. Have sent back my ECU for further tuning, but still having off idle deadspot, and surging.

So I need to find a very good local tuner to get me squared away.

Any suggestions.

Thanx.

TeddyP25 08-27-2010 11:28 PM

RMCR in colorado springs....top notch. Rocky Mountain Competitive Research

AG454 08-27-2010 11:33 PM

Ditto, RMCR.

BUMBLEB 08-28-2010 10:06 AM

RMCR :thumbup:

jimmyj333 08-28-2010 11:35 AM

I knew that would be the answer! They must be extremely busy though. I contacted them to do my maggie install. I never heard back from them. So I made a deal with someone else. Then 3 1/2 weeks later they finally reponded back.

I am sure this is who I will contact to get my tune to optimum levels, but just in case we have communication problems can you all think of anybody else.

Thanx

AG454 08-28-2010 01:38 PM

Mike and Mark are always busy, and they don't have a receptionist or anyone to answer calls. They do really good work and have done alot of Camaro's around here. If you don't have the patience to wait for them to get back to you, try American Intense Racing, 303-250-1466. Talk to Clint, have heard good things about him and his tuning but have not met him or been to his shop. I think Brian Tremblay had his car tuned there. Again, this is all second hand info I got from the forums, not from the sources. But I would only recommend RMCR, since I have dealt with them first hand.

deedubb 09-13-2010 10:48 AM

I can also vouch for Clint at AIR. He did the maggie install, E85 conversion and dyno tuning on my Cadillac CTS-V. He's a good guy and is a very honest/trustworthy gent.

Mike@RMCR 09-13-2010 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyj333 (Post 2271348)
I knew that would be the answer! They must be extremely busy though. I contacted them to do my maggie install. I never heard back from them. So I made a deal with someone else. Then 3 1/2 weeks later they finally reponded back.

I am sure this is who I will contact to get my tune to optimum levels, but just in case we have communication problems can you all think of anybody else.

Thanx

Sorry about that. We are actually getting ready to hire a few more guys so I can spend my time in the office.

We would be more than happy to help ya out with anything you would like to do from mild to wild.

Mike

jimmyj333 09-17-2010 04:48 PM

Man I don't get it!!!
Made 4 contact attempts to Clint,no response back. which is unfortunate since he is in my backyard. Guess I will try RMCR again hopefully they will get back to me.
It is not that I am impatient. It is that I would like communication from the people I contact. If they are to busy that is fine just let me know.
Same thing happened with these colorado shops when I wanted Maggie install. NO one would contact me back in a timely manner, and I don't mean 1 or 2 days.
I had to go out of state to get work done, and ended up with bad tune.
I just don't get it.

jimmyj333 09-17-2010 06:50 PM

Finally got to talk with Clint. It is on. Got me an appointment scheduled for Dyno and street tune.
I am real curious as to were my current tune stands., to tell the truth it kind of scares me. I am not setting any cel's, but something is off.
Thanks guys for all your help.

Mike@RMCR 09-17-2010 08:52 PM

Feel free to call or message me whenever. Once again sorry we didn't get back with ya sooner.

We are trying a lot harder to get everything answered in 1 business day now. We can work tunes in with a 3 day notice.

Mike
RMCR Sales & Tech

jimmyj333 09-26-2010 10:44 AM

Finally got on the rollers!

Went to AIR in wheatridge hooked up with Clint.

Turns out my original tune was not as bad as I had thought. Clint got things smoothed out. The car is handling much better, real smooth and hard pulling. Overall it just seems to be alot smoother throughout the power band.
Ended up with 43 more HP, 30 more TQ. 543, 503
I am now feeling comfortable about the tune.

Clint@A.I.R. 09-26-2010 02:05 PM

My pleasure JimmyJ... here are your before and after results for you.. Great meeting you !! Nice gains from a tune only.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7282/img0228u.jpg

Clint

walhan_qtr 10-04-2010 10:15 PM

^^ those are some nice numbers, congrats