Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Clay and I: The Breakup (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236906)

CamaroDreams07 02-20-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangore (Post 6183596)
I ordered it. I've never clayed a car before, but this makes it seem easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I almost wish you had clayed before so you could truly appreciate how much easier/better this is! Either way, you'll love it.

Oh, and almost 10,000 views on this thread! Where's my check S.M. Arnold??! :laugh:

mr_honez 02-20-2013 01:59 PM

I want to do this too Dreams, but am super apprehensive about it. I can just see major swirls appear before my eyes. I will say that your car in your sig looks freaking fantastic. I have never seen Grey look so shiny.

lscamaro 02-20-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_honez (Post 6186015)
I want to do this too Dreams, but am super apprehensive about it. I can just see major swirls appear before my eyes. I will say that your car in your sig looks freaking fantastic. I have never seen Grey look so shiny.

If you've ever clayed the car, you shouldn't be afraid. It's the exact same thing. Just easier

CamaroDreams07 02-20-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6186057)
If you've ever clayed the car, you shouldn't be afraid. It's the exact same thing. Just easier

Exactly. You'd have to actually try to do damage with it. Just make sure you get the fine grade.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

lscamaro 02-24-2013 02:13 AM

Had bought this product a few weeks back but today was the first day I got to use it. Must say I absolutely love it! It's so easy to clay the car now! It used to be a pain and just couldn't believe how easy it is now. It honestly felt way too easy but after two or three good passes with the towel, my paint was smooth as butter. If you're still on the edge of whether to get it or not, do it! You won't regret it!!

CamaroDreams07 02-24-2013 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 6201744)
Had bought this product a few weeks back but today was the first day I got to use it. Must say I absolutely love it! It's so easy to clay the car now! It used to be a pain and just couldn't believe how easy it is now. It honestly felt way too easy but after two or three good passes with the towel, my paint was smooth as butter. If you're still on the edge of whether to get it or not, do it! You won't regret it!!

Nice, glad you like it. I've got probably about 50 uses on mine and still works perfectly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DrkPhx 02-24-2013 04:34 PM

Just did the TB SS in no time flat with this kit. I love it.

Tayap79 02-24-2013 05:00 PM

When my car comes out of winter hibernation, this may be one of my first purchases. Never done clay before, don't even mess with it...just go straight to this kit huh?

ihaveacamaro 02-24-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tayap79 (Post 6203529)
When my car comes out of winter hibernation, this may be one of my first purchases. Never done clay before, don't even mess with it...just go straight to this kit huh?

yup!

HP_atTheWheels 03-11-2013 06:08 PM

Great write up, very imformative about the product. I just ordered mine, I have never clayed before but I have been thinking about it. Especially since I am going to remove the vinyl stripes. So after reading this thread I pulled the trigger. Looking through all the "clay threads" I can find though has me a little confused. What step would I take after using the prep towel? I have used the Black Box detailing kit from Turtle Wax, which is a two steep kit, since I have owned my car. Once I use the prep towel can I just use that or do I use some type of "sealer" and then wax?

POWERMAN 03-11-2013 07:15 PM

Very nice thread (Thank you CamaroDreams07)

Question @ all: Like claying, would this towel strip of any existing waxes/sealants?

Obzen 03-11-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POWERMAN (Post 6274058)
Very nice thread (Thank you CamaroDreams07)

Question @ all: Like claying, would this towel strip of any existing waxes/sealants?

Yes. That's exactly what it does, along with surface contaminants.

Bad@ssCamaro 03-14-2013 11:45 PM

Got my Speedy Prep Towels (medium and fine) now just got to wait for some warmer weather to use it on the Pontiac GP '06. :thumbsup:

HP_atTheWheels 03-15-2013 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HP_atTheWheels (Post 6273796)
Great write up, very imformative about the product. I just ordered mine, I have never clayed before but I have been thinking about it. Especially since I am going to remove the vinyl stripes. So after reading this thread I pulled the trigger. Looking through all the "clay threads" I can find though has me a little confused. What step would I take after using the prep towel? I have used the Black Box detailing kit from Turtle Wax, which is a two steep kit, since I have owned my car. Once I use the prep towel can I just use that or do I use some type of "sealer" and then wax?

Bump.. Please help