Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2014 Camaro5 Fest (V) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Early Fest V Hotel Information (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311035)

TAG UR IT 08-06-2013 05:58 PM

I heard some folks were already calling around trying to block off rooms at several hotels poking and hoping. I hope these folks realize just how much they can screw over all the other members by doing this. f you call three hotels, we all know you aren't going to go back and cancel your rooms at the ones that you picked wrongly. That's going to hurt a lot of businesses and block out a lot of people until last minute. DO NOT DO THIS. Just let it go. Don't make life difficult for everyone. Let us secure the hotels and pricing for everyone. Thanks

ShnOmac 08-06-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 6865474)
I heard some folks were already calling around trying to block off rooms at several hotels poking and hoping. I hope these folks realize just how much they can screw over all the other members by doing this. f you call three hotels, we all know you aren't going to go back and cancel your rooms at the ones that you picked wrongly. That's going to hurt a lot of businesses and block out a lot of people until last minute. DO NOT DO THIS. Just let it go. Don't make life difficult for everyone. Let us secure the hotels and pricing for everyone. Thanks

This should be added into the OP..... IMO. :thumb:

mlee 08-06-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShnOmac (Post 6865489)
This should be added into the OP..... IMO. :thumb:

Done... Thanks

LS1hawk 08-06-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAG UR IT (Post 6865474)

It's amazing the number of folks that did this with the host hotel this year. Blocked off many rooms and didn't back out until the last minute. When we heard we were going back to Indy one of the perks was the hotels ability to accommodate everyone. Didn't happen with the number of people that overbook making others find hotels nearby.

tramtwo 08-06-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 6865189)
I'm not even staying at my place... Should be finalizing hotel blocks on Friday.

Is there a place that can hold 2500 people and park 1700 cars? That is my prediction. Ya heard it here first. :wave:

csjcsj 08-07-2013 04:08 AM

Subscribed

kenkartasasmita 08-07-2013 11:20 PM

so c5fest5 is gonna be in houston mike?

mlee 08-07-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita (Post 6871998)
so c5fest5 is gonna be in houston mike?

Yes sir

TAG UR IT 08-08-2013 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LS1hawk (Post 6865918)
It's amazing the number of folks that did this with the host hotel this year. Blocked off many rooms and didn't back out until the last minute. When we heard we were going back to Indy one of the perks was the hotels ability to accommodate everyone. Didn't happen with the number of people that overbook making others find hotels nearby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tramtwo (Post 6866395)
Is there a place that can hold 2500 people and park 1700 cars? That is my prediction. Ya heard it here first. :wave:

Exactly.

Now...every hotel in the area is probably going to be booked. Again, check out the post above. I read the thread daily about registration in that host hotel. "Three rooms available...can't go." "Two more rooms available...not going to be able to make it."

If hotels actually took a deposit on these rooms, people would be more apt to only book the ones they NEED. that's something we are going to need to talk to the hotels about...

we got a WHOLE lot of people coming to Texas this year and only so many hotels. We CAN make this work if people LET US.

tramtwo 08-08-2013 08:08 AM

There are a lot of curious plurals in this thread.....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DuskSS 08-08-2013 08:16 AM

It's not like Baytown is a million miles from Houston with many world class hotels.

Hell if Houston can handle the Superbowl/World Series/All Star Games and OTC events it can handle a Cfest :)

snymat68 08-08-2013 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6872711)
It's not like Baytown is a million miles from Houston with many world class hotels.

Hell if Houston can handle the Superbowl/World Series/All Star Games and OTC events it can handle a Cfest :)

Maybe we should shoot for more attendance than those sporting events! :eyebulge:

woodside783 08-08-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snymat68 (Post 6872760)
Maybe we should shoot for more attendance than those sporting events! :eyebulge:

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

mlee 08-08-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snymat68 (Post 6872760)

We are definitely expecting more next year than any other year. Hotel negotiations are on-going and we should have something nailed down later next week and get the info out shortly after. Seems everything in Houston is 45 min away but the route to RPR is part of the equation too. Interstate 10 is a straight shot to RPR from the city of Houston so we do have many options with a short drive each day.