Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Is the exhaust fuse pull worth tearing the trunk apart? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295028)

rumbling 05-12-2013 03:06 PM

Is the exhaust fuse pull worth tearing the trunk apart?

What say you C5?

Al C. 05-12-2013 03:19 PM

Yes.. Pulling the liner is not as bad as you think.. Just a reminder, when u pull the fuse and decide to leave it off, the outer exhaust tips will turn black from the exhaust and the inner ones will stay relatively clean..

G4M3OVR 05-12-2013 03:20 PM

Absolutely! It takes all of 5 mins to do and doesn't really require the trunk to be "torn apart".

mickmosh 05-12-2013 04:31 PM

What's the point of the fuse pull for exhaust?

cam99 05-12-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickmosh (Post 6535234)
What's the point of the fuse pull for exhaust?

To leave the flaps open all the time(louder) on dual mode exhaust.

and yes it's worth it. Did it this morning, and took about 5-10 minutes

ninsecgt 05-12-2013 06:35 PM

quiet everone please

Quote:

Originally Posted by cam99 (Post 6535363)
To leave the flaps open all the time(louder) on dual mode exhaust.

and yes it's worth it. Did it this morning, and took about 5-10 minutes

my question is, what if dont like the loud sound during start up and wish the car was much quieter? is there any modification to make the exhaust system quieter? help please

Firerader 05-12-2013 06:54 PM

Fuse in or out the valve is always open at start up. The valve closes when only when driving.

2012-1822 05-12-2013 11:55 PM

Honestly, maybe I drive like an a$$hole or something, but I haven't been overly impressed with the fuse pull, like what's the point. Headers will be here this week, then to powder coaters, and on sometime shortly after, I'll probably put the fuse back at that point if not before. We'll see. I love the sound of the factory exhaust, but I want a little louder. As hard as it may be to really capture exhaust sound on a camera and then post it here, the ones I've heard that had headers, high flow cats, and factory cat back with the fuse still in sounded pretty good to me.

That being stated, it's not that big a deal to get to it, and after driving today and paying more attention, definitely more pop

Scott@Bjorn3D 05-13-2013 05:45 AM

With the headers you will probably want to put the fuse back in for highway cruising. If you do not the drone is very loud with headers on highway cruising. I would probably do the Mild to Wild controller if you get headers so you can still be loud around town but enjoy a highway trip.

rumbling 05-13-2013 03:11 PM

Pulled the fuse this morning. Much easier than I thought. I like it except the exhaust pops on almost every shift now.....may put it back in.

DuskSS 05-13-2013 03:21 PM

the pops are the best part.. actually miss that sound now. with the cam and heads and headers I dont get that sound any more.

I leave mine open 99% of the time with the M2W but it is nice when trying to creep into the garage at the GFs townhome and in my neighborhood late at night.

2012-1822 05-13-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuskSS (Post 6538949)
the pops are the best part.. actually miss that sound now. with the cam and heads and headers I dont get that sound any more.

I leave mine open 99% of the time with the M2W but it is nice when trying to creep into the garage at the GFs townhome and in my neighborhood late at night.

Screw that, I love waking neighbors with either my car or my bike. I've had loud vehicles for a long time. My dad, years ago, would tell me that my dog would hear my truck from a half mile away and go sit and wait for me at the door every single night when I got off work. Which I knew she was there when I walked in, but I didn't know the ritual of her perking her ears when I crested the hill and then as soon as I crossed the street, 1/4 mile out, she ran to the door and sat and waited.

KKreme15 05-13-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2012-1822 (Post 6539575)
Screw that, I love waking neighbors with either my car or my bike. I've had loud vehicles for a long time. My dad, years ago, would tell me that my dog would here my truck from a half mile away and go sit and wait for me at the door every single night when I got off work. Which I knew she was there when I walked in, but I didn't know the ritual of her perking her ears when I crested the hill and then as soon as I crossed the street, 1/4 mile out, she ran to the door and sat and waited.

lol that's pretty inconsiderate of you

2012-1822 05-14-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KKreme15 (Post 6540635)
lol that's pretty inconsiderate of you

Thank you