Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Performance vs Presence (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291055)

BlaqWhole 05-01-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 6459133)
Performance is presence. The other crap is extra weight.

Agreed! I do like to look at other cars that have been done up. But to me, that money could have been spent on making the car faster. That said, I just bought a painted engine cover because it was a great price. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even considered it.

alanhurst 05-01-2013 09:23 PM

A balance is good to help keep things in perspective.
If you concentrate on visual mods too long you may end up overdoing it without really taking the time to step back and evaluate all the changes you've made.

And if you put the blinders on and go 110% performance you may wind up with a 9 second car that is almost unstreetable and a huge hole in your wallet.

We are actually in a good place with these cars right from the start, they look great and are faster than 90% of the other stuff on the road.

LimaCharlie 05-01-2013 11:36 PM

Performance! The Camaro has enough presence as is.

45thCAMARO 2SS/RS 05-02-2013 12:02 AM

I say basic performance at least (exhaust, CAI,) then looks and maybe go back to put (TB, Headers, maybe tune)

Norm Peterson 05-02-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alanhurst (Post 6494218)
A balance is good to help keep things in perspective.

Even better is to have a reasonably firm plan before you start and stick to it. Then just enjoy driving it.

Norm

SeriouslySinning 05-02-2013 10:29 AM

I dont know about some of you, but Im having a tough time with the appearance mods. I have a victory red 2013 2lt. I was going to put a sinergy decal on it but then once I got it I fell in love with its simplicity. I think the only appearance mods will be the small gill strips, headlights and maybe a new smooth exhaust panel with matching paint... the rest i could do without. It just looks so hot with all red I dont think I could improve on it.

45thAnniversary2SS 05-02-2013 11:32 AM

Healthy dose of both, but I like to get it looking the way I want first.

ghostrider77 05-02-2013 12:07 PM

I went with appearance mods first to give the car the presence that I was looking for (ZL1 skirts, ZL1 rear diffuser, tint, clear bra). I moved onto performance mods by adding an exhaust, and headers will be going on pretty soon. Whatever route you choose, I would definitely suggest having a plan of attack instead with a clear vision of how you want your car to look and perform. Mindlessly throwing on random parts is a sure way to ruin the balance of your car.