Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2012 CAMARO Z28 - with 6.2L supercharged V8 SPOTTED AND CONFIRMED! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96645)

htron50 07-27-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2150610)
Take a look at how BB3's quad-exhausts are wrapped tightly by the diffuser...I don't normally like quad-exhaust tips...But something about this look makes me smile! :D

Agree.......... the ones that come with the Ground Effects Package are so "bling bling" if you know what I mean.

CanadianCamaro 07-27-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyman 08 (Post 2150043)
unless we see a list of those parts they don't exist and this is usless info...

Well I could list what I saw, but then again that would be a dead give away of where I saw them wouldn't it. And I don't like getting people into trouble. Choose to believe me or not, your call, I figured someone would call it useless info.....then again some others might call this entire thread useless info :sm0: :respekt:

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-27-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro (Post 2150861)
Well I could list what I saw, but then again that would be a dead give away of where I saw them wouldn't it. And I don't like getting people into trouble. Choose to believe me or not, your call, I figured someone would call it useless info.....then again some others might call this entire thread useless info :sm0: :respekt:

It might have been best to not say anything at all.:respekt:

Mr. Wyndham 07-27-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Tell me....what did you see?

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...hokeABitch.jpg

motorhead 07-27-2010 10:20 PM

Oh and how do those pics prove what this car is? Was there some kind of formal announcement?

KKreme15 07-27-2010 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2150904)
Oh and how do those pics prove what this car is? Was there some kind of formal announcement?

a supercharged camaro. it is what it is.

Bond 07-27-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragoneye (Post 2142369)
I wouldn't take ANY design hints from this car. This vehicle clearly started its life as an LS, or 1LT model Camaro. There's no spoiler, and the interior features a rubberized shift knob. That, and they've hacked up the diffuser to fit the quad tips, I think you're right about the ground effects, too.

The wheels aren't factory, the brakes don't match, the interior has panels taped to the carpet, and there are a set of "not the real headlights" in the front fascia intakes....

Overall, this is nothing more than an engineering mule, Z28 or no. They'll probably keep the true design components in the basement, or the wind tunnel....which means we'll never TRULY know what the Z28 will look like until they show us.

...yay.....:laugh:

Yep! What he said!! :thumbsup:

SQUALO 07-28-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

:word: 100%, I wish I could say what I know, as well, but made a promise to my sources, which I have a lot of respect for.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, let me reassure you my sources are solid, so you can take it any way you want. They were dead on when the Camaro was first resurrecting, as to what the final product would look like based on the concept car that was travelling the car show curcit.

I ask you respect our information pipeline and not pressure us for "information that cannot be released", at this time.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT! :headbang:

radz28 07-28-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htron50 (Post 2150600)
From another forum I found this:The ZR1 uses a 2.3L supercharger, the CTS-V uses a 1.9L supercharger. That's where the horsepower difference comes from. Those 82 horses are easily gained back with a software upgade + smaller pulley. I would do your research, though, as the CTS-V comes with hyper-eutectic cast aluminum pistons vs. forged aluminum in the ZR1. Not sure how much boost either can handle, but common knowledge is forged are more durable when pushing the boost levels. "i have seen a set of lsa heads and although from the outside they look pretty similiar to a ls9 head, its not the same its got a weird area right around the bowl area behind the intake valve" "The LSA uses a single brick intercooler whereas the LS9 has a dual brick cooler - but the duals are half the thickness of the single one".....

:chevy::chevy:Well..... I'm not picky on whatever they put in a Z28 because it's not going to the track! Hell, I'd be lucky to get it out once a week for cruisin! :chevy::chevy:

Yeah - I said "...hyper'" pistons, so I think I covered that. The cams are different also, as well as the boost pressure. The heads are cast the same with the same intake port "wings"; the LS9 has to accommodate larger 12mm head bolts whereas the LSA uses 11mm bolts. I think the facts I covered are pretty concrete since I can support nearly all my claims with GM statements.

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2150904)

I'm a little skeptical, but MOST hopeful ;) I'm pretty confident overall though. There are too many things we're seeing in those photos that point to the conclusion Z28 is back :chevy:

BackinBlackSS/RS 07-28-2010 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUALO (Post 2151797)
:word: 100%, I wish I could say what I know, as well, but made a promise to my sources, which I have a lot of respect for.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, let me reassure you my sources are solid, so you can take it any way you want. They were dead on when the Camaro was first resurrecting, as to what the final product would look like based on the concept car that was travelling the car show curcit.

I ask you respect our information pipeline and not pressure us for "information that cannot be released", at this time.

IT'S WORTH THE WAIT! :headbang:

I understand, but why say anything to anyone that you know something? You don't say a word, and no one will pressure you.

Jefe's SS 07-28-2010 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS (Post 2152052)
I understand, but why say anything to anyone that you know something? You don't say a word, and no one will pressure you.

x2:iono:

radz28 07-28-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jefe's SS (Post 2152078)
x2:iono:

It's all in good fun :thumbsup: I don't think he's doing it to be a PITA ;)

boxmonkeyracing 07-28-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

because it makes you one of the cool kids that knows something no one else does. . .

we have no way to verify that they are saying things are legit, or if they are saying them just to be cool. does it matter no. if they do know something good for them. it's useless to us because we don't know and won't find out.

IROCZJEFF 07-28-2010 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2149415)
Where did you find one to complete your collection? :D

When I take delivery it is going to Mallett.