Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=136)
-   -   2014 CTF. ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572580)

BAN ONE LS7 03-28-2020 01:45 PM

2014 CTF. ?

Did any of the 2014 Z/28 CTF cars come with factory window sticker ?

Zslash28 03-28-2020 01:50 PM

No. From what's been posted since 2014, since they were not NEW, but 2and hand, a window sticker was not made for the car.

1970judge 03-28-2020 02:08 PM

Normally, at least in my case, my CTF cars would be delivered to the car prep/dismantling building and have all plastics, shipping protectors, etc removed and then be delivered to me up the hill ready to go. I seldom ever saw a window sticker, if I did it was mostly blank. Not what you would see at a dealer, same format, but very few typed out printing on the sticker.

SIM GhostrdrZ 03-28-2020 05:05 PM

Disclaimer: I don’t mean any disrespect but just want to soak up knowledge about the Z28 CTF. Mine is not a CTF, but I do feel I found and included a “new” Z28 to the list on the forum.

I always assumed the CTF’s were more rare maybe making them more valuable. Rare doesn’t always mean more valuable. But since they were not necessarily new and others drove it before the “original owner”. I only lightly know the general CTF idea. But with no window sticker and such, are the CTF actually more desirable moving forward with special VIN’s and all? Were they discounted at all from original price, I imagine not.

Thanks to all

LateBrakeU2 03-28-2020 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10755202)
Disclaimer: I don’t mean any disrespect but just want to soak up knowledge about the Z28 CTF. Mine is not a CTF, but I do feel I found and included a “new” Z28 to the list on the forum.

I always assumed the CTF’s were more rare maybe making them more valuable. Rare doesn’t always mean more valuable. But since they were not necessarily new and others drove it before the “original owner”. I only lightly know the general CTF idea. But with no window sticker and such, are the CTF actually more desirable moving forward with special VIN’s and all? Were they discounted at all from original price, I imagine not.

Thanks to all

Just my opinion, but five years ago CTf's were looked down upon, due to aforementioned possible thrashings( not all of them) by untold numbers of different operators. They were the first one's out there, quite a few saw duty at various press launches and since dealers got flooded shortly thereafter most people saw the value being the first owner and not going to Vegas on one with unknown prior history. Since the CTF's weren't really going for a substantial discount as the new one's got 20% off six months after intro, and the woods were full of them sitting on lot's, it was an easy choice for a lot of folks that wanted to sleep at night. There was a guy selling # 69 on here a few years back, if one wanted to speculate that certainly would be a good one to grab numerically as it was the last 14 CTF, it languished on here for months and the owner finally dumped it to a dealer for i think very low 40's and this was at least three years ago. As mentioned no Window sticker, COA, build sheet , those are the kinds of provenence that down the road collectors will demand on one of these IMO. Color,condition, amount of prior owners and mileage certainly factor in to valuation as well.

Supercup 03-28-2020 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hers are the build number by year, color, AC or Non AC - CTF vs Production

LateBrakeU2 03-28-2020 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supercup (Post 10755233)
Hers are the build number by year, color, AC or Non AC - CTF vs Production

Always knew black and white were the two highest producton colors but wow, 1238 out of 1801 is overwhelming considering there were three other flavors.

SIM GhostrdrZ 03-28-2020 06:33 PM

Back to the op

So no one with a z28 CTF has a window sticker or original documents? So technically no CTF are 1 owner cars?

69L48Z27 03-28-2020 07:11 PM

CTFs were never delivered new to a dealer. They more than likely were never titled either. Once their mission was over they went to a dealer or auction with certificate of origin more than likely. Not sure how GM handled the 3/36 warranty. Since these were preproduction no window sticker was needed. If they had a CoO when sold in the wild then the first person to title the car is the original owner, technically. Think of it like an old school dealer demo with a new car.

Window stickers are nice documentation and it adds value somewhat. But, with these only having one option it’s not as important. Also, if no CTFs got WS then there can’t be a WS for those cars, level playing field regarding value and documentation.

I think CTF status will be used to market a car when it’s sold but not sure if it will truly ever add value. It’s part of the VIN number, no debating if a car was CTF or production. After seeing GM’s C8 test fleet, no way I would want one as a collector. They were abused.

SIM GhostrdrZ 03-28-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 (Post 10755287)
CTFs were never delivered new to a dealer. They more than likely were never titled either. Once their mission was over they went to a dealer or auction with certificate of origin more than likely. Not sure how GM handled the 3/36 warranty. Since these were preproduction no window sticker was needed. If they had a CoO when sold in the wild then the first person to title the car is the original owner, technically. Think of it like an old school dealer demo with a new car.

Window stickers are nice documentation and it adds value somewhat. But, with these only having one option it’s not as important. Also, if no CTFs got WS then there can’t be a WS for those cars, level playing field regarding value and documentation.

I think CTF status will be used to market a car when it’s sold but not sure if it will truly ever add value. It’s part of the VIN number, no debating if a car was CTF or production. After seeing GM’s C8 test fleet, no way I would want one as a collector. They were abused.

Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
You mention C8 CTF’s being abused. Were Z28 CTF’s not treated the same?
Some very collectible old school race cars were very abused and collectors restore them. i.e. factory aluminum 409 bel air drag racers. But I digress. I just find cars interesting and how some things matter and some don’t. All depends on what those with $$ want and it can vary greatly from what might make sense.

BAN ONE LS7 03-28-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10755202)

Thanks to all

My 2 cents , your SIM with A/C is 1 of 11

69L48Z27 03-28-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ (Post 10755293)
Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
You mention C8 CTF’s being abused. Were Z28 CTF’s not treated the same?
Some very collectible old school race cars were very abused and collectors restore them. i.e. factory aluminum 409 bel air drag racers. But I digress. I just find cars interesting and how some things matter and some don’t. All depends on what those with $$ want and it can vary greatly from what might make sense.

I think they used the Z/28 for marketing more than they did a true test. The C8 mules saw big miles and they ran them nearly 24/7. The ones that made it to Corvettes at Carlisle had paint damage, broken windshields and ‘lived in’ interiors. Not sure what the highest mile CTF was at the time but I would be willing to bet not many were over 10k miles.

Different and small numbers make for added value. CTF cars are no different than production other than a story nor do they have any race heritage.

SIM GhostrdrZ 03-28-2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69L48Z27 (Post 10755298)
I think they used the Z/28 for marketing more than they did a true test. The C8 mules saw big miles and they ran them nearly 24/7. The ones that made it to Corvettes at Carlisle had paint damage, broken windshields and ‘lived in’ interiors. Not sure what the highest mile CTF was at the time but I would be willing to bet not many were over 10k miles.

Different and small numbers make for added value. CTF cars are no different than production other than a story nor do they have any race heritage.

The stories are part of the cars. Do any Z28’s have true race stories. I’m mean they all are track monsters but something with documented racing stories.

SIM GhostrdrZ 03-28-2020 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAN ONE LS7 (Post 10755296)
My 2 cents , your SIM with A/C is 1 of 11

My opinion it would have been a lost 1 of 11, maybe as a drifter frame stripped and parts sold. It was well taken care of but almost was lost. Traded in by the original owner for “credit” on a new C8. Then dealer gave it to a “used car” salesman to get rid of it and they knew it was a cool noisy z28 to sell next to the College students Honda Accord. GM Dealers know these don’t sell well. They didn’t sell when they were new either. GM packed them full of awesome parts that require some dedicated owners to retain the expensive original pieces.
So if a CTF window sticker could be found, that might be one hell of a cool story.