Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

garcmol 06-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 5171187)
1604... the loop...

What's funny is when I am forced to drive into OK... I wonder and marvel at the lack of access roads... There are none... Exit the highway at 70 and turn into X store... or take an exit and drive about 11 teen miles back into no mans land for gas...

Once you get the hang of them it's great. I think of it as "pit road"

Mr Twisty 06-22-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 5171316)
:laugh: for some reason I don't think he's kidding at all....

I left ~ARR! a note in speedsters thread :D

have a feeling I may regret this :sm0:

garcmol 06-22-2012 10:42 AM

In my sig, the preregistration form link in in there. Helps to have this done, if any of you are doing the Autocross!! Hoping you guys can help me spread the word!

Would this be a Spam post?

zebra 06-22-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 5167250)
This has to be yours. It's pulling the front wheels off the ground... :laugh:
Norm was in the back for weight...:D
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...6MobYfrJpMLkqX

i found out the story on this pic today...
some guys checking the fuel transfer system on the ground & got a little too much moved to the rear :bolt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by garcmol (Post 5170482)
One of San Antonio's finest helped me out one night. I was stuck on "Frontage Road" and couldn't find my street. Hmmmmm, Frontage Road. Largest road in San Anton.

Doug will know what I'm talking about.

yeah, i hate this system here in abilene. i missed my 1/2mi prior exit too many times, so i just stay on the access roads. :rolleyes:

mlee 06-22-2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 5169003)
and them're some crazy B-1 shenannigans, but...

one of the guys here proved it can fly with one wing forward & one wing back :confused0068:

WoW... I can just see him going around in circles... :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebra (Post 5174258)
i found out the story on this pic today...
some guys checking the fuel transfer system on the ground & got a little too much moved to the rear :bolt:

Yup... as I mentioned earlier, it's happened more than once... Not sure if that pic is Dyess, but it did happen there once.

zebra 06-22-2012 07:26 PM

i'm pretty sure that one's ellsworth, but yeah, it's happened more than once :yikes:

Mrs GTAHVIT 06-23-2012 07:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Awwwww you Silly Fixed wingers :wub:

To Fly is Heavenly....

BUT

To HOVER is Divine :headbang:

mlee 06-23-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs GTAHVIT (Post 5178043)
Awwwww you Silly Fixed wingers :wub:

To Fly is Heavenly....

BUT

To HOVER is Divine :headbang:

That's why we have these now...:D

Mrs GTAHVIT 06-23-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5178078)

OOOOHH yeah.... those are cute... but when was the last time one of thoooose did a one wheeled landing on an edge of a cliff to save someones life..... ;)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ForcesUH60.jpg

mlee 06-23-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs GTAHVIT (Post 5178152)
OOOOHH yeah.... those are cute... but when was the last time one of thoooose did a one wheeled landing on an edge of a cliff to save someones life..... ;)

It already flew through, cleared out the enemy so the life could be saved... Team work..:drinking:

SSE 4 2SS 06-23-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

:facepalm: Rotorheads...

It was an attempt to do a full landing but the earth was repelling the vibrations...
Chris and I have been over this before... Ten thousand loose parts flying in close formation is not an aircraft...

Actually, Having worked on helicopters as a medic and flying on them to work all the time, I'm simply amazed what they can do in the hands of a competent and skilled pilot...

Mrs GTAHVIT 06-23-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5178178)
It already flew through, cleared out the enemy so the life could be saved... Team work..:drinking:

:headbang: :respekt:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 5178181)
:facepalm: Rotorheads...

It was an attempt to do a full landing but the earth was repelling the vibrations...
Chris and I have been over this before... Ten thousand loose parts flying in close formation is not an aircraft...

:laugh: Helicopters: Defying the laws of physics before it was cool. :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 5178181)

Actually, Having worked on helicopters as a medic and flying on them to work all the time, I'm simply amazed what they can do in the hands of a competent and skilled pilot...

This is a very critical point... :character0182: <--- Pilot :yikes:<--- Crewman/me/chris

SSE 4 2SS 06-23-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs GTAHVIT (Post 5178217)
:headbang: :respekt:

:laugh: Helicopters: Defying the laws of physics before it was cool. :cool:

This is a very critical point... :character0182: <--- Pilot :yikes:<--- Crewman/me/chris/Robert

Fixed for you... I took the controls of a Bocal <<, not sure of the spelling... for close to an hour one time... level straight flight at the time. i was the last one left on a crew change and they couldnt carry everyone on the big bird, so they sent this thing out... For all I know it was on autopilot, and I was just mimicking the AP... :iono:

zebra 06-23-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee (Post 5178078)

saw a couple sitting at Eglin when i was checking out the AF variants a couple months ago. at least ours are already flying...

Quote:

wait... didn't you spend your career jumping out of perfectly good aircraft?

or were you the one who had to push scaredy-cat Chris out? :laugh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS (Post 5178274)
Fixed for you... I took the controls of a Bocal <<, not sure of the spelling... for close to an hour one time... level straight flight at the time. i was the last one left on a crew change and they couldnt carry everyone on the big bird, so they sent this thing out... For all I know it was on autopilot, and I was just mimicking the AP... :iono:

it still had to be fun though, right?