Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   * * * Convertible Production starts on 1/10/2011 - Ordering Advice * * * (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108444)

CamaroScotty 09-30-2010 11:55 AM

* * * Convertible Production starts on 1/10/2011 - Ordering Advice * * *

Lets recap how this all works:

Estimated Production Guide Number

The first dealer consensus cycle for Camaro Convertible will occur in early November. Prior to the consensus, an estimated production guide number for the 2011 model run will be calculated for each dealer. The production guide number will be available for individual dealers to review. This will be available soon!

What does this mean to you? Same as the coupe production. ALL Dealers will have a "guide number". If a dealer sells OVER that guide number, the odds are it will not get built. You will be waiting...........and waiting..........and waiting............ Just like many did with the coupe.

Be sure you know WHERE YOU ARE IN LINE when placing a deposit. And I personally would ask to SEE proof of that guide number! Or you will be waiting...........and waiting..........and waiting............ And there again will be dealers taking as many as they can get. Some will deliver, others will not.

Dealers that sell lots of coupes, will likely get more convertible allocation.....

And you do not want to be waiting.....for this:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...2_122501_n.jpg

The only thing that WILL be different than the coupe is - it will not be available in the LS Trim.

Other things I can share:

NO SYNERGY GREEN

Black or TAN Top

November 15th is a big day for dealers....we'll have some training info, the guide numbers and more!

:chevy:

bossbunny 09-30-2010 12:13 PM

Sweet! Will be ineresting to see.

Buffnshine 09-30-2010 12:27 PM

Thanks Scotty, good info as always

ArkySS 09-30-2010 12:48 PM

Scotty any hints at pricing difference vs standard coupe? Vette looks around 5k difference?

ArkySS 09-30-2010 12:52 PM

I'm an idiot.........

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/30/2...d-from-30k-la/

67 Convertible 09-30-2010 12:53 PM

Is that a "concept" picture, or the real deal? Interior trim looks dark brown? Also in the picture it looks to be a hard plastic boot for the folded down top or is this a hard mechanical cover that comes up automatically?

As always, thanks Scotty for you great info!

CamaroScotty 09-30-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArkySS (Post 2388253)
Scotty any hints at pricing difference vs standard coupe? Vette looks around 5k difference?

I was told initially $4000 - $4500 more over the coupe.

Initial numbers were to be in the 20,000 unit range, but I hear that number has increased - somewhere in the 30-40,000 range.

CamaroScotty 09-30-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 67 Convertible (Post 2388272)
Is that a "concept" picture, or the real deal? Interior trim looks dark brown? Also in the picture it looks to be a hard plastic boot for the folded down top or is this a hard mechanical cover that comes up automatically?

As always, thanks Scotty for you great info!

I am told it is the real deal...

The interior is Inferno Orange. It is a hard boot...not sure how it works.... YET ;) I think "they" want you to wait until the auto show to see the back seat, and the top going up and down.

Tiberious 09-30-2010 02:04 PM

Some quality touches for the interior would be huge. Since I've gotten hooked on Top Gear, I've really started to notice these things.

Tib

Nutbutt 09-30-2010 03:07 PM

Scotty, will the V6 M6 be an option for the vert ? Now that I have a V6 I really would like to go with it in a vert. Sorry V8 guys. I guess my only problem is that the dealers I have gone to have no clue on allocations and how to even address it. How is your dealership handling this ? You know I fly quite a bit through ORD maybe I should be talking to you ?

CamaroScotty 09-30-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nutbutt (Post 2388800)
Scotty, will the V6 M6 be an option for the vert ? Now that I have a V6 I really would like to go with it in a vert. Sorry V8 guys. I guess my only problem is that the dealers I have gone to have no clue on allocations and how to even address it. How is your dealership handling this ? You know I fly quite a bit through ORD maybe I should be talking to you ?

I can certainly hook you up, one way or another ;)

The only thing that WILL be different than the coupe is - it will not be available in the LS Trim.

Other things I can share:

NO SYNERGY GREEN

Black or TAN Top

Nutbutt 09-30-2010 03:48 PM

Actually I want to stick with the VR with a black top. What color panels are expected with a VR ? Since I am not trading anything maybe this would work and I could drive it home !

RSPARKS5 09-30-2010 04:55 PM

I hope there is more selection than black or tan for top colors...

R3VoLuTioN 09-30-2010 05:28 PM

hope they can price it close to the mustang vert! sounds like it is going to be a few k higher but idk that they would do that.