Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Dash lights flicker while driving (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212287)

c_LoW29 03-27-2012 07:19 AM

Dash lights flicker while driving

Ok I have search near and far on this forum and found nothing. I have this issue that when I am driving the dash cluster (speedometer and rpm gauge) flicker but dont turn off. If I hit the brakes they will dim slightly then return to the same brightness right after. I have had the battery replaced by the dealer, they checked the alternator and it was good but even after a new battery was put in it the problem still persists. Note: if I have my footwells on they will do the same thing. Nothing else on the car flickers just the footwells and dash cluster.

Camaro21 03-27-2012 08:22 AM

It sounds like you might have a GROUND issue someplace.

c_LoW29 03-27-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camaro21 (Post 4711045)
It sounds like you might have a GROUND issue someplace.

were would you suggest I start? I dont have any aftermarket radio components and the footwells are tapped into the 12v lighter in the fuse box. I have no other electrical work done to my car.

c_LoW29 03-29-2012 12:41 PM

bump anyone?

The Stig 03-29-2012 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_LoW29 (Post 4711073)
were would you suggest I start? I dont have any aftermarket radio components and the footwells are tapped into the 12v lighter in the fuse box. I have no other electrical work done to my car.

It's probably a ground issue. If you can I'd take in to a dealer. Finding the source of a false ground can be pretty time consuming as it can be anywhere.

c_LoW29 03-29-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 4723769)
It's probably a ground issue. If you can I'd take in to a dealer. Finding the source of a false ground can be pretty time consuming as it can be anywhere.

I Did take it to the dealer they could not reproduce the problem as usual.

The Stig 03-29-2012 04:03 PM

Call Chevrolet customer service. Or next time it does it take a video with your phone

babarudy 04-03-2012 02:46 PM

i noticed the same thing, what i figured out , is its the automatic lights going on and off in certain low light conditions.

U Can't Z Me 01-05-2016 12:12 PM

I'm having the same issue. When I hit the brakes, turn signal, windshield wipers or rear defrost, the dash lights and headlights momentarily dim out and then come back up to normal.

It's definitely a ground issue somewhere.

The dealer tried to tell me that I needed my injectors and IAC cleaned...which is about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I've had issues with the seat heaters occasionally not working as well, so I'm going to have to start tracking my grounds.

Anyone know a reliable shop in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that may be able to help?