Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   GPI MAX Cam/Head Results (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=521187)

Rhino79 02-17-2018 10:31 PM

GPI MAX Cam/Head Results

The most powerful ls3 top end available using plastic factory style manifold!

Almost 150 hp gain over stock ls3 with only a 226 intake duration cam.

The ls7 Head gives us a lot of room for milling to increase compression, and it allows us to have incredible mid to upper rpm power and rev range thanks to some amazing ports.

We are developing cams specifically for this head/intake configuration.

This is the alpha package, and for the max effort drag guys, we have combos available utilizing cid intake, high ram, and or solid roller applications. Expect another 40 plus hp in those applications.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzAE_2URIcM

Ashen 6.2 02-18-2018 07:41 AM

Fantastic results Ryan & Aaron! Looking forward to seeing how this package performs on a L99 w/VVT!

larry_g 02-18-2018 08:01 AM

How would a package like this be on a daily driver, one that is used for autocross and the occasional track day? Also, what about maintenance intervals and inspection requirements?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rhino79 02-18-2018 08:07 AM

This package will require no more maintenance than ours or any other cammed setup. We simply have developed a head/cam combo that performs at a higher level.

The rpm range is extended with this package, so autocross/roadcourse/ and drag will all reap the rewards of the rpm capability.

GRNFLSH 02-18-2018 09:06 AM

NICE!

lazerlemonta 02-18-2018 06:08 PM

Nice package

Synner 02-18-2018 06:33 PM

Is it a small bore LS7 head? Do you have or are you looking into road race stable cams? What kinds of valves: titanium, sodium filled, solid? I'm thinking low lash might be necessary to have road race stability plus lift numbers that would benefit from these heads or is it more about the compression ratio change?

Rhino79 02-18-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Synner (Post 10081019)
Is it a small bore LS7 head? Do you have or are you looking into road race stable cams? What kinds of valves: titanium, sodium filled, solid? I'm thinking low lash might be necessary to have road race stability plus lift numbers that would benefit from these heads or is it more about the compression ratio change?

It is a ls7 casting with some tweaks to work in med bore applications. As with any of our heads, you can option out ti, hollow stem, solid stem, inconel etc...
as with any ls7 Head, the pedestals need to be milled off for shaft mounts if you want to make running a solid worth your while. (Big lift).

We have hyd lobes that are very stable into the 7000s. We often run lower lift stuff on road race stuff where sustained high rpm is needed, not necessarily the last 1 percent of power.

christianchevell 02-19-2018 09:49 AM

Yup 7 grands a good cut off, I would love to see these heads teamed up with a stroker LS and the new intake made by LOD speedworks ;as I thought they were going to make a ls7 version ????? of their new intake as they are making new tops for it I heard and I thought a ls7 version?. I would think the combination of stroker, a more aggressive cam ,the heads and that larger runner intake would all be good......especially with a radical stroker cam shaft to use even more air and fuel.... Anyway thats my dream...dream big N/A....

And have not heard anything much on the LS7 version of their intake since they initially announced on here and showed us the intake they now have in production. SO some day I may have to have those heads you've made hopefully down the line with their intake but.....may have to be airforce like I was thinking. Still though the options are so nice to have for the future to spend money and make more power N/A or even FI or juiced bigger potential ........SIGH...... damn daughters college education has me down for about 4 more years.....

Rhino79 02-21-2018 08:52 PM

We have made pulls to 7700 rpm. As long as the valvetrain is stable, the factory ls7 manifold will go there. Of course a carb style intake like the cid would be the best for power, but very hard to package.

acammer 02-22-2018 06:05 AM

Really nice setup. You guys always seem to have the drop on the competition with the absolute top performing hardware. Can't wait to see some of these hit the track!

Rhino79 02-22-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acammer (Post 10084870)
Really nice setup. You guys always seem to have the drop on the competition with the absolute top performing hardware. Can't wait to see some of these hit the track!

Thats what we strive for. I want to be at the top of the game performance/durability wise. I dont want to blow smoke with products that dont deliver. We are known for kicking ass, and that will stay the same!

lazerlemonta 02-22-2018 12:56 PM

i would love to see this with full zoot treatment on the gentlemens 1LE. Crank scraper, Electric water pump, short belt and a vacuum pump on some chp+ I bet it would crack 570! 545 is stout with this left on the table ohhhh and at least a RPS clutch :) Great RND guys

xc_SS/RS 02-22-2018 01:25 PM

are these actual ls7 heads or did you guys design your own? either way those are awesome gains!

Rhino79 02-22-2018 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS (Post 10085306)
are these actual ls7 heads or did you guys design your own? either way those are awesome gains!

It is a 6 bolt ls7 casting we have done for us.

Gunmetal Speedster 02-22-2018 07:32 PM

What are the specs on the cam? Or did I miss that?

Arch-City 02-22-2018 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster (Post 10085726)
What are the specs on the cam? Or did I miss that?

Ryan, did not include exact specs. He just stated it was 226 on the intake duration. I would bet it is around 226/240.

Mydivorcegift 02-22-2018 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino79 (Post 10085122)
Thats what we strive for. I want to be at the top of the game performance/durability wise. I dont want to blow smoke with products that dont deliver. We are known for kicking ass, and that will stay the same!

Which is why I came to you.

Let me know when we can meet up.:popcorn:

TNT every Thursday in March. Pick the one that works best for you and let me know.

xc_SS/RS 02-23-2018 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino79 (Post 10085505)
It is a 6 bolt ls7 casting we have done for us.

how do these compare to the GMPP heads? These probably flow better because they're LS7 style, but curious how they compare on price. PM me if you can't post the price here

thanks!

WHAMMO 02-24-2018 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS (Post 10086165)
how do these compare to the GMPP heads? These probably flow better because they're LS7 style, but curious how they compare on price. PM me if you can't post the price here

thanks!

You just cant compare. GMPP are CNC'ed stock LS3 heads. Those GPI heads are totally custom. They will outflow/ outperform GMPP in every aspect, IMO, plus you can run the LS7 or MSD intake on top of that, and much bigger cam without PTV problem, so higher compression too. Thats the beauty of aftermarket heads, plus this one solves the intake manifold problem!

GMPP performance/price ratio is really hard to beat and they perform as good or better as other ported LS3 heads. But since no one ever made a back to back dyno comparison with a stock cube/cam/IM LS3, or cam only, you cant say one is much better than another CNC'ed LS3 stock casting head. There is some badass CNC program outhere, but no one has numbers VS numbers dyno.

Rhino79 02-24-2018 05:28 PM

We have compared our ls3 heads to the gmpp ls3 heads and those dyno results are on the website. Our ls3 Head beat the gmpp head but for the money the gm Head is a nice option

This ls7 max setup is above and beyond any ported ls3 casting by far.

Cam specs are 226/246 I believe. I’m at home and I have all my info at work. Pause the vid on the dyno sheet. I think it’s on the bottom.

We offer both configurations and pricing on our site.

Arch-City 02-24-2018 07:57 PM

Cam Specs from the video are - 226/248 .648/.631 112+4

Rhino79 02-25-2018 07:39 AM

Here in this article,part 4 is the cylinder head portion of our test. (Ls3 Head cam intake test).

The brand x mentioned is the gmpp Head. It had been milled previously to 66cc so we compared our Head to it at the same chamber volume.

christianchevell 02-25-2018 09:19 AM

Sorry no article showed up..there Rhino, but hey those heads are the best cheap option I have seen on here over the years and I am oldster probably the oldest on here and seen many long time posters go. People on here just don't last that long.....

And yes I some day hope to buy a set of those heads and combine them with a better lower lift cam as the specs on that ones high on the intake side and I used to run the old TSP 235/239 cam with .639 on the intake but more duration, I don't mind the more duration but some seem to really like it in the 220s for circle tracks etc... I had to run .675 springs with the old 235/239 and eventually they lowered the intake lift to make it more .660 spring friendly.

I have been liking the new intake the guys in Texas built the LOD speedworks one they said in the past was maybe going to be made for a ls7 also and wonder if they will make one for it but certainly the MSD is a better option for most than the FAST which has been the go to for so long. They said they were going to make a couple different lids for their intake recently but different base? time will tell I guess, but hey for a max effort stroker N/A or FI also the heads you developed may be just the ticket to not go super spendy MAST black label Small bore for so much more $$$$$$

Just some stuff IMO, I am sure a stroker would with a stroker cam make more power and really benefit from those heads versus ls3 which flow so much less even ported like I have now. $$$ matters.... Someday I hope you put on here a dyno with a stroker and those heads it would be really nice with a good cam I bet and pick up a lot of torque to rival those FI builds.

Many on here are just new and never researched the differences between ls7 versus ls3 and know the differences..... and the down falls, as in ls7 is only able to be .005 overhone compared to .020 overhone capable ls3, sure the ls7 is stouter but $$$$$$ and these heads really can make the ls3 more of a mighty mouse stroked out cheaper and just as powerful damn near if forged etc..and comparable parts for far less $$$$$$$ and I wondered when someone would fill the need, you did it; my hats off too you.

It would be also very interesting to see the results without CORN on your dyno as I just don't see my daily ever being more than what the pump spits outs, but if the MSD is much better than a stock LS7 intake ported by you??????? I know its supposed to have bosses on it for NOS anyway and looks nice...........but hey they had trouble out performing the stock ls3 intake....

WHAMMO 02-25-2018 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino79 (Post 10088168)
Here in this article,part 4 is the cylinder head portion of our test. (Ls3 Head cam intake test).

The brand x mentioned is the gmpp Head. It had been milled previously to 66cc so we compared our Head to it at the same chamber volume.

Thanks for specifying which brand it was. Your work on the heads really paid off!! If it wasnt because of the crazy shipping+tax from Canada, Id have badass heads.. 😒😒😒

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianchevell (Post 10088276)
Sorry no article showed up..there Rhino, but hey those heads are the best cheap option I have seen on here over the years and I am oldster probably the oldest on here and seen many long time posters go. People on here just don't last that long.....

And yes I some day hope to buy a set of those heads and combine them with a better lower lift cam as the specs on that ones high on the intake side and I used to run the old TSP 235/239 cam with .639 on the intake but more duration, I don't mind the more duration but some seem to really like it in the 220s for circle tracks etc... I had to run .675 springs with the old 235/239 and eventually they lowered the intake lift to make it more .660 spring friendly.

I have been liking the new intake the guys in Texas built the LOD speedworks one they said in the past was maybe going to be made for a ls7 also and wonder if they will make one for it but certainly the MSD is a better option for most than the FAST which has been the go to for so long. They said they were going to make a couple different lids for their intake recently but different base? time will tell I guess, but hey for a max effort stroker N/A or FI also the heads you developed may be just the ticket to not go super spendy MAST black label Small bore for so much more $$$$$$

Just some stuff IMO, I am sure a stroker would with a stroker cam make more power and really benefit from those heads versus ls3 which flow so much less even ported like I have now. $$$ matters.... Someday I hope you put on here a dyno with a stroker and those heads it would be really nice with a good cam I bet and pick up a lot of torque to rival those FI builds.

Many on here are just new and never researched the differences between ls7 versus ls3 and know the differences..... and the down falls, as in ls7 is only able to be .005 overhone compared to .020 overhone capable ls3, sure the ls7 is stouter but $$$$$$ and these heads really can make the ls3 more of a mighty mouse stroked out cheaper and just as powerful damn near if forged etc..and comparable parts for far less $$$$$$$ and I wondered when someone would fill the need, you did it; my hats off too you.

It would be also very interesting to see the results without CORN on your dyno as I just don't see my daily ever being more than what the pump spits outs, but if the MSD is much better than a stock LS7 intake ported by you??????? I know its supposed to have bosses on it for NOS anyway and looks nice...........but hey they had trouble out performing the stock ls3 intake....

Its 520rwhp on 93oct ls7 intake. Did you watch the video? And Took me 10sec to search on google, got me right on the page of their CNC program/cam/intake mod dyno, which I had already read on this forum, when they posted it some time ago.

About intake, LOD guys hasnt post anything yet to confirm their intake is really worth the big coins. As for the TSP mani, I bet its gonna be like all others; loss down low and some gain over 5800rpm. FAST has the mid length runner already(loss down low but gains over 5800ish to 7500) or super vic or Holley Hi ram. LS3 is the best overall setup for the money, if your a DD or street car and not going over 6800. Rod mod and porting takes it one step further.

WHAMMO 02-25-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-City (Post 10085747)
Ryan, did not include exact specs. He just stated it was 226 on the intake duration. I would bet it is around 226/240.

That is kinda small, no?

Arch-City 02-25-2018 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WHAMMO (Post 10088599)
That is kinda small, no?

Yes, that is why the results are even more impressive. It was actually 226/248, but they are going to offer 2 camshafts for this package. I would guess this is the smaller of the 2.

zz430camaro 02-25-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-City (Post 10088787)
Yes, that is why the results are even more impressive. It was actually 226/248, but they are going to offer 2 camshafts for this package. I would guess this is the smaller of the 2.

Be interesting to see what this will do with the largest duration cam they can stuff in it.

DrkPhx 02-25-2018 09:48 PM

Nice gains especially at 7000 rpms. Are the castings US made?

WHAMMO 02-25-2018 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch-City (Post 10088787)

Well I think GPI saif it was the biggest in the vid. But Im sure they can fit a bigger one. And think about a solide roller!!

sixty9fordkiller 02-26-2018 03:16 AM

subscribed

Rhino79 02-26-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz430camaro (Post 10088799)
Be interesting to see what this will do with the largest duration cam they can stuff in it.

More cam will make more peak power at a higher rpm. We have been working hard on optimizing the valve events for average power from 3500 up.

We will be doing bigger stuff.

Actually a 233 intake lobe that isn’t in that test made about 15 more hp but didn’t surpass the 226 till 5800 rpm.

christianchevell 03-02-2018 08:13 AM

Whammo its on their website on the script under Rhinos script at the end of the post, and anyway YUP LOD has posted nothing though I now a member put one of the LODS on recently and hope he posts.

I know the guy that did the post getting the first set as the mule for these heads was kind of sneaky in acting as if his cam was all that with its high lift but he; was for most unknowledgeable people misleading purposefully as the ls7 heads take 1.8 rockers versus 1.7 for the ls3 so the real specs of the cam are much less than cam for a ls3 with the lift coming from the rockers a lot.

And that is of course a lot with the flow one of the reasons to get the heads to be actually easier on the valve train....a reason a ls7 has a 7k limit, and lower lift cam can make the same high net lift with increased flow/compression what ever you desire and have a different valve angle for PTV clearance and accept a ls7 manifold which yup we are limited to FAST mainly or modified stock or some sheet metal from the net unless its a new LOD speedworks, or such or hack a firewall for a holly high rise, Vararam let us down and so did MSD over the years I know I was here....

The ratio difference adds up to around .035 more net lift from a cam if you know what I mean..... And happily await future dynos of these heads with a stroker and better cams, and await someday to hear more on LOD speed works results also............

Solid roller will make some more power but require re-lashes of course and be harder on the valve train as they are...........now hitting this head with what ever combo with Sauce and maybe FI of course will be so much more because of the FLOW. LS7 heads flow much more than ls3.. thus excellent for more radical builds and they show yes first a video with out ethanol then one 60/40 mix....and they add the MSD intake to that second video, Myself I wonder how much the MSD is worth over one of their ported ls7....I bet its not much and may not be worth it if compared stock ported versus MSD basically one costing four times as much but appearing better with a nice feature.....

Yup still looking for White Rhinos....the perfect heads, the perfect intake manifolds etc....these heads may just be the best ticket for a long long time..... I know I priced comparable five years ago..... this is my second gen 5.

who-dat 03-02-2018 08:58 AM

How's this looking for L99s?

Rhino79 03-05-2018 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who-dat (Post 10094151)
How's this looking for L99s?

Looks awesome, we have a few L99 cars getting the max treatment. One car being bone stock, which baselined at 339 rwhp.

It will be getting bolt ons and the max package with VVT retained of course and we will document the gains.

Its going to be a potent combo!

who-dat 03-06-2018 08:57 AM

Definitely interested in that! Any ETAs on that?

Rhino79 03-07-2018 05:52 AM

The customer is building now. I’d say hopefully in a couple weeks, not sure on his schedule.

Dbunch9 03-21-2018 01:33 AM

Any updates?

TheWood 03-21-2018 10:04 AM

Interested in the L99 update myself..

Rhino79 03-21-2018 05:55 PM

Here is the latest update. Our customer with the rock crawler won’t first place on his first time out with the new combo.

Our l99 candidate is almost done installing himself and will be coming back for tuning. His car made 339 bone stock on our dyno so we have a great baseline to start with.

Here is the article on the max package on the truck.
https://www.facebook.com/GwatneyPerf...56007821215903