Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Current consensus on which all season tires (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=618423)

GageRage 08-02-2023 11:58 AM

Current consensus on which all season tires

Just purchased a 2011 camaro ss. It still has the stock Pirelli zeros on it. No bad for 30k, but they need to be replaced. I do plan on driving the car year round. It is my daily driver. Reading older threads, it seems like many of you like the Continental dw6 Plus extreme contact. Or the Michelin Pilot 2's. I haven't seen much talk about the BF goodwrench all seasons. Anyone running them? I definitely would like to hear everyone's opinion on any all season tires. Thanks for your time.

KillboyPowerhead 08-02-2023 02:08 PM

The only all-seasons I've had on this are those DW6's and they were pretty good for an all-season I thought.

DonM 08-02-2023 02:20 PM

I'm currently running General G-MAX AS-05's on my 2013 (18"). I drove mine year round through Ohio winters with NO traction issues at all, even in deeper snow. I just looked them up and it looks like they've been "Updated" by the G-MAX AS-07, which appears like it would also be a decent contender.

General Tire G-MAX AS-07

ChibiBlackSheep 08-02-2023 03:52 PM

I run these on my car and found them to be a pretty good tire. Although when I daily drove the car, I still swapped for a set of snow tires in the winter time. You just can't beat a real winter tire.

BFGoodrich g-Force COMP-2 A/S PLUS XL

GageRage 08-02-2023 07:23 PM

[QUOTE=DonM;11342947]I'm currently running General G-MAX AS-05's on my 2013 (18"). I drove mine year round through Ohio winters with NO traction issues at all, even in deeper snow. I just looked them up and it looks like they've been "Updated" by the G-MAX AS-07, which appears like it would also be a

This is great news, because most of what I've herd about this car in snow is... don't do it. Did you throw some sandbags in the truck for weight or anything?

DonM 08-03-2023 01:01 AM

[QUOTE=GageRage;11343064]
Quote:

Originally Posted by DonM (Post 11342947)
I'm currently running General G-MAX AS-05's on my 2013 (18"). I drove mine year round through Ohio winters with NO traction issues at all, even in deeper snow. I just looked them up and it looks like they've been "Updated" by the G-MAX AS-07, which appears like it would also be a

This is great news, because most of what I've herd about this car in snow is... don't do it. Did you throw some sandbags in the truck for weight or anything?

Yes, I had 4 - 40 pound bags of water softener salt in the trunk. The electronic traction controls + a posi rear end and the 6spd manual also made a difference, The rear end 'kicked out' on me once (low speed). But before I could even start to turn the wheel to correct it, the CAR caught it and straitened itself out.

102SS 08-03-2023 06:01 AM

The BFG's Generals and the Firestone all seasons are good

I have had them all and they all work good in the dry or wet or cooler temps.

I also tried summer only Coopers and they wore out as fast as the Pirelli's

The summer only Yoko's were ok too

I have snow tires as well but I park the car now unless its nice out.

I buy new tires every 2-3 years ;)

larry_g 08-03-2023 06:07 AM

I've had really good luck with a set of 285/35ZR-19 KUMHO ECSTA on my car for all season tires. I also have a set of Z28 wheels that I usually run summer tires on but haven't switched over to them this year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

GageRage 08-03-2023 04:11 PM

I thank everyone for there input and opinions. I can definitely make a more informed decision. I don't know how you all feel about FWD vs RWD in the snow? I will take the RWD everyday. I know where it's going to go. Its predictable, it's fun. FWD might not get stuck as easy, but once it starts sliding. Your pretty much along for the ride. I'm surprised how many people I know say they would take a FWD.

102SS 08-04-2023 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GageRage (Post 11343404)
I thank everyone for there input and opinions. I can definitely make a more informed decision. I don't know how you all feel about FWD vs RWD in the snow? I will take the RWD everyday. I know where it's going to go. Its predictable, it's fun. FWD might not get stuck as easy, but once it starts sliding. Your pretty much along for the ride. I'm surprised how many people I know say they would take a FWD.

With 4 snow tires these things move around like a mountain goat in the snow.

I didn't even add weight to mine just having the Bridgestone Blizzaks was enough..

I went 245 square but found with a car this heavy the rears wore out quick and bought the regular size 275's for the back