Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Turned in my 335i today - Conclusion (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104909)

Fraxum 09-08-2010 09:00 PM

Turned in my 335i today - Conclusion

Instead of resurrecting an old thread I thought it better to conclude with a new one.

The original thread is here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100414

After owning my 2SS for a couple of weeks I thought I would post my final Ford vs. Chevy Tally. Some might disagree. ;)

Styling:
* Gets Attention - Camaro (Strong advantage)
* Bad A** Looking - Camaro
* More expensive Looking - Camaro
* Pleasing proportions (to me) - Mustang

Performance:
* Acceleration - Tie (Average of sources)
* Subjective Handling - Mustang
* Chassis Dynamics - Camaro (IRS vs Well Done Solid Axle)
* Chassis Rigidity - Camaro (Source Pedders)
* Skidpad - Mustang (C&D)
* Lane Change - Camaro (C&D)
* Braking - Mustang (C&C)
* Understeer (Less is better) - Mustang
* Track Lap time - Mustang (R&T)
* Slalom - Mustang (R&T)

Interior: (my opinions mostly)
* Visibility - Mustang
* Headroom - Mustang
* Quietness - Camaro
* Seats - Camaro
* Comfort - Camaro
* Cruising - Camaro
* Interior Fits XL people (front) - Camaro
* Room (front) - Camaro
* Quality Appointments - Mustang
* Utility - Tie
* Lets in the sun + air - Camaro (Sunroof vs $2K piece of glass)
* Premium Radio Sound - Camaro
* Electronics - Tie (although HUD is cool, Mustang has Synch)
* Features - Camaro (Homelink and telescopic wheel vs Auto temp and Passenger Power seat)
* GPS - Mustang

Other stuff:
* Engine Sound - Camaro (My opinion)
* Shifting - Mustang
* Weight - Mustang
* Mileage - Mustang
* Room around engine - Camaro
* Modability - Camaro (for now, Mustang will catch up)
* Price - Camaro (Optioned comparably)
* Crash survival - Camaro (My opinion)

Most of all I liked driving the Camaro better. It is in my driveway. I am very happy with my choice.

The 2011 Mustang is much improved. If this were a comparison between the 2010 GT vs 2010 Camaro SS it would have been no contest.

John Shields 09-08-2010 11:43 PM

Something is wrong with your post... let me fix it...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 2310900)
Instead of resurrecting an old thread I thought it better to conclude with a new one.

The original thread is here:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100414

After owning my 2SS for a couple of weeks I thought I would post my final Ford vs. Chevy Tally. Some might disagree. ;)

Styling:
* Gets Attention - Camaro (Strong advantage)
* Bad A** Looking - Camaro
* More expensive Looking - Camaro
* Pleasing proportions (to me) - Camaro

Performance:
* Acceleration - Camaro
* Subjective Handling - Camaro
* Chassis Dynamics - Camaro (IRS vs Well Done Solid Axle)
* Chassis Rigidity - Camaro (Source Pedders)
* Skidpad - Camaro
* Lane Change - Camaro (C&D)
* Braking - Camaro
* Understeer (Less is better) - Camaro
* Track Lap time - Camaro
* Slalom - Camaro

Interior: (my opinions mostly)
* Visibility - Camaro
* Headroom - Camaro
* Quietness - Camaro
* Seats - Camaro
* Comfort - Camaro
* Cruising - Camaro
* Interior Fits XL people (front) - Camaro
* Room (front) - Camaro
* Quality Appointments - Camaro
* Utility - Camaro
* Lets in the sun + air - Camaro (Sunroof vs $2K piece of glass)
* Premium Radio Sound - Camaro
* Electronics - Camaro
* Features - Camaro
* GPS - Camaro

Other stuff:
* Engine Sound - Camaro (My opinion)
* Shifting - Camaro
* Weight - Camaro
* Mileage - Camaro
* Room around engine - Camaro
* Modability - Camaro
* Price - Camaro (Optioned comparably)
* Crash survival - Camaro (My opinion)

Most of all I liked driving the Camaro better. It is in my driveway. I am very happy with my choice.

The 2011 Mustang is much improved but still sucks. If this were a comparison between the 2010 GT vs 2010 Camaro SS it would have been no contest... the SS would be better..

All those typos... you need to work on your posting skills. I removed all those Mustang comments and fixed it with "Camaro"... which I assume you meant to say.

2010 SSRS 09-08-2010 11:48 PM

good fix, Camaro is king.

chopss 09-09-2010 12:28 AM

:thumbsup:

camaroitalia 09-09-2010 01:14 AM

good catch John...

CamaroFTW 09-09-2010 01:17 AM

:sm0:

King Sun 09-09-2010 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Shields (Post 2311546)

All those typos... you need to work on your posting skills. I removed all those Mustang comments and fixed it with "Camaro"... which I assume you meant to say.

:laughabove:

mikeSS 09-09-2010 02:53 AM

Quote:

see people like you cant take a review seriously,, the camaro lacks in areas.. the mustang lacks in areas.... i bought the camaro not because its chevy. because its what i like at the time.. it could have been a ford... and right now mustang is king... its faster, better handling, have you every seen a 2011 5.0L vs bmw m3... its the same car !!! handling and 1/4 mile thats a deal.. the camaro cant keep up with a m3 on a track.. the mustang can

topgun1 09-09-2010 06:05 AM

Quote:

Ahhhh, now that looks better. much more readable and pleasurable to the eye :)

ZCT 09-09-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 2310900)

The 2011 Mustang is much improved. If this were a comparison between the 2010 GT vs 2010 Camaro SS it would have been no contest.

I've had mine a month ish now, and I am still convinced I made the right choice.

Although I loved my BMW, it certainly did not have the striking good looks of the Camaro.

There is something just cooler and more interesting, at least for me. I enjoy driving it, moreso than the BMW. And frankly BMW should be embarrassed at this point with the lack of standard equipment and technology of the 3 series. There simply isn't an excuse for making a modern $40K+ car in 2010 that doesn't have a USB port.

As far as the Mustang goes. I test drove several, and I just don't get them. I occasionally see one with the right styling package, color, and accessories that I like the look of. But for the most part it's just a bland car I see everywhere I look. Like I said, I don't get it. And I have no previous ownership bias, some silly affiliation with Chevy, or any dislike of Ford per se.

Fraxum 09-09-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Actually funny.

Fraxum 09-09-2010 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2311791)
see people like you cant take a review seriously,, the camaro lacks in areas.. the mustang lacks in areas.... i bought the camaro not because its chevy. because its what i like at the time.. it could have been a ford... and right now mustang is king... its faster, better handling, have you every seen a 2011 5.0L vs bmw m3... its the same car !!! handling and 1/4 mile thats a deal.. the camaro cant keep up with a m3 on a track.. the mustang can

Actually the Camaro can keep up. It just needs lighter tires and wheels and the same size front and rear. Easily fixed. But how many of us circle track our Camaros? The only handling advantage the Mustang has to me is that it feels more lively. But I chose comfort over that slight handling feel edge among other Camaro advantages.

The Camaro is still one great handing car just the way it is and the IRS is much better behaved when the roads get bumpy. A modern suspension is the choice for me.

The Mustang only has a slight acceleration edge if that. Not everyone gets better times in the Mustang. The coyote engine is strong for sure. So is the LS3 and L99.

Coin flip. Drive what you like. There is no king.

mikeSS 09-09-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fraxum (Post 2314962)
Actually the Camaro can keep up. It just needs lighter tires and wheels and the same size front and rear. Easily fixed. But how many of us circle track our Camaros? The only handling advantage the Mustang has to me is that it feels more lively. But I chose comfort over that slight handling feel edge among other Camaro advantages.

The Camaro is still one great handing car just the way it is and the IRS is much better behaved when the roads get bumpy. A modern suspension is the choice for me.

The Mustang only has a slight acceleration edge if that. Not everyone gets better times in the Mustang. The coyote engine is strong for sure. So is the LS3 and L99.

Coin flip. Drive what you like. There is no king.

the camaros handling sucks, you probably have never driven a real sports car before... the point i am trying to make is that the mustang is just as good as a m3 all around, so its the better deal

Fraxum 09-09-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeSS (Post 2315006)
the camaros handling sucks, you probably have never driven a real sports car before... the point i am trying to make is that the mustang is just as good as a m3 all around, so its the better deal

We can disagree on the first three points.

edit: On point 4 we agree.