Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Roadtrip in Victory Red Camaro SS w/ cloth interior! (Captured Test Fleet Car) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10822)

HeatherR 01-05-2009 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The roadtrip is now completely over :) My husband made it back to Toronto/Oshawa and our total mileage for the trip was 3,735 miles (6,010 kilometers). Many of you had questions about size of the trunk and backseat...The trunk held plenty and the backseat was comfortable enough for shorter trips or kids. I was back there and a few kids with no complaints. As far as getting kids back there...not bad. We had a 60lb. bulldog back there for the whole trip! Seats proved to be comfortable throughout the trip and the ride was great!

Hylton 01-05-2009 09:39 AM

It was very nice of you and your husband to involve us enthusiasts in your trip. Thank you so much Heather!

Camaro_Corvette 01-05-2009 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trm0002 (Post 233780)
Ok, I'll bite. 2nd last picture... Since when does a vehicle tell you "Ice Possible" ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geno (Post 233817)
My '06 Monte Carlo does!!!

Hell I think my 98" monte carlo does, and my 97' Blazer does too.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherR (Post 233808)
I do believe the "Ice possible" is triggered by the temp. Our ther cars do similar things--some ding, have other lights, etc. Ironically, when this was taken in the driveway we were in the middle of freezing rain and as you can see on the drive it was a sheet of ice!

Wow, I am happy to see that the camaro made it into your drive way while its a sheet of ice like that. My 86' would not have made it. It would just sit there and spin tires until I decide to give up and go back to town for more weight.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherR (Post 234699)
The roadtrip is now completely over :) My husband made it back to Toronto/Oshawa and our total mileage for the trip was 3,735 miles (6,010 kilometers). Many of you had questions about size of the trunk and backseat...The trunk held plenty and the backseat was comfortable enough for shorter trips or kids. I was back there and a few kids with no complaints. As far as getting kids back there...not bad. We had a 60lb. bulldog back there for the whole trip! Seats proved to be comfortable throughout the trip and the ride was great!

:clap::clap::clap:
Glad to see that you finished your trip safe and sound. Thanks for the pics, keeping us up to date, and for all of the questions that you have answered for us. There is amazing amounts of user information in this thread alone, let alone any type of report. Nice dog too!:thumbsup:

MerlinZero 01-05-2009 10:26 AM

HAHA he looks like a happy pup...

Yeah my Subaru blinks the temp when there is possible ice..

Speedy1975 01-05-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherR (Post 233804)
I checked the fuel door too...It does not lock. I checked our other GM vehicles and they don't lock either. Thankfully it has never been an issue for us, but I am sure there are some people out there who would take advantage of it not locking?

Thanks for checking this for me Heather, as well as sharing your road trip experience with all of us. Being very anal, I appreciate your attention to detail and diligently answering questions. Glad you guys had a safe trip all around.

Inspector 17 01-05-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Awesome (Post 234326)
So in other words, that guy who was touting the Mustang and arguing that the Camaro was "imaginary" and that we can't count "prototypes" was full of crap. This is a real car that a real person will own one day, and NOT a preproduction test mule...

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 234331)
I didn't see those comments but yes, these are saleable cars. They will be owned by some normal person eventually.

Yes. That is correct.

Johnny Camaro 01-05-2009 12:37 PM

Thanks Heather for all those wonderfull pics and info!!
Many thanks from the Netherlands Europe!
Tell your husband to hurry up building the convertible to,I want one!

Greetings Johnny:headbang:

Geno 01-05-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherR (Post 234699)

Hey Heather, Thanks so much for answering our questions and the pictures along the way.
You also have a great looking bulldog. Bet you don't need to worry about anyone bothering the kids or even breaking in!
I knew an old DVM who kept one in his office. He always said nobody who knew the dog was there would ever bother trying to break in.:happyanim:

SSmoked 01-05-2009 02:19 PM

HeatherR is BACK in toronto!!!!!. glad u had a safe road trip. and thanks for keeping us in touch during ur vacation.

however i will be scouting the streets and hwys of toronto looking for ur red ss.

stovt001 01-05-2009 06:21 PM

So this goes out to anyone driving CTF Camaro - at least one of these cars must be driven on Glendora Mountain Road. You know, to test its sportiness and what not. Bring me along for the ride and I'll buy/make dinner. Sound good?

2010_5thgen 01-05-2009 06:55 PM

what a job. i would kill for that job.

SoFlaZ 01-05-2009 08:35 PM

My dad saw you guys in the red Camaro going north on I-75 on Friday while he was going south. ugh he just told me today! Anyway, I'm glad you had a great trip.

Mosher 01-05-2009 08:55 PM

Thanks Again Heather!

That's one Smug bulldog! Acts like someone let him ride in a camaro or something. Pfft! :laugh:

06GTO 01-05-2009 10:11 PM

Looks like a really crappy gauge cluster and instrument panel, im pissed...thats not the kind of interior you put in a $40k car.