CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=233)
-   -   Can an axle back void the warranty on my 1lt? (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544161)

sadboyleo 12-11-2018 07:48 PM

Can an axle back void the warranty on my 1lt?

Thinking of copping this guy:
https://www.phastekperformance.com/M...6-s7038blk.htm

But if it voids the warranty then there's no point.

Amiaji 12-11-2018 08:16 PM

I'm not gonna say they can't, but I don't see how they could. An axle-back is the only mod I have made to my car so far. Past the converters I don't see how that could affect the engine/drivetrain.

cellsafemode 12-12-2018 01:04 AM

It will void the warranty on your mufflers.

If the dealer tries anything more than that, you could fight and beat them in court. If you have nothing better to do and have money to burn.

edit: If you have to ask about warranties then you probably shouldn't be doing the mod. That really should be rule #1. Only proceed when you're prepared to not be covered.

Mine was less than 1 month old before it's warranty was trashed. Aint nobody got time for waiting until the factory warranty is up.

Calvear0 12-12-2018 09:16 AM

I had the famous "shudder" and the dealer told me it was because of my axle back. They were wrong obviously but I had to go back to factory exhaust.
I would keep the factory exhaust just in case.

Korosion 12-12-2018 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadboyleo (Post 10382352)
Thinking of copping this guy:
https://www.phastekperformance.com/M...6-s7038blk.htm

But if it voids the warranty then there's no point.

In most cases it will not void your warranty, it depends more on the dealership. I had headers/tune/suspension/exhaust/ported intake manifold/cold air intake/ported throttle body/intake manifold spacers and I blew my motor and they replaced the motor under full warranty. If you are that worried about it I would call the dealership and see how mod friendly they are.

PolynesianPowerhouse 12-12-2018 04:42 PM

Magnusson moss warranty act of 1975. familiarize yourself with it. it'll save you a lot of anxiety and headaches down the road.

sadboyleo 12-14-2018 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cellsafemode (Post 10382490)
It will void the warranty on your mufflers.

If the dealer tries anything more than that, you could fight and beat them in court. If you have nothing better to do and have money to burn.

edit: If you have to ask about warranties then you probably shouldn't be doing the mod. That really should be rule #1. Only proceed when you're prepared to not be covered.

Mine was less than 1 month old before it's warranty was trashed. Aint nobody got time for waiting until the factory warranty is up.

I was just wondering cause an axle back seemed like a harmless mod

sadboyleo 12-14-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calvear0 (Post 10382669)
I had the famous "shudder" and the dealer told me it was because of my axle back. They were wrong obviously but I had to go back to factory exhaust.
I would keep the factory exhaust just in case.

What famous shudder?

sadboyleo 12-14-2018 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolynesianPowerhouse (Post 10383078)
Magnusson moss warranty act of 1975. familiarize yourself with it. it'll save you a lot of anxiety and headaches down the road.

Will do thanks :)

dmcmahan60 12-14-2018 01:44 PM

No it will not. But that exhaust might be crazy loud and drone though. The famous A8 automatic 8 speed transmission shudder which I have and had the flush done until the new fix in 2019.

sadboyleo 12-14-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcmahan60 (Post 10384789)
No it will not. But that exhaust might be crazy loud and drone though. The famous A8 automatic 8 speed transmission shudder which I have and had the flush done until the new fix in 2019.

What does drone mean if you don't mind me asking. I'm a baby with all this stuff.

302Blue 12-14-2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sadboyleo (Post 10384804)
What does drone mean if you don't mind me asking. I'm a baby with all this stuff.

I'm sure you can find some good explanations or videos online, but my explanation is from personal experience in my friend's Ecoboost Mustang with an MBRP exhaust. Basically at a certain cruising RPM (anywhere from 1500-3000) the exhaust will be louder than it has any business being and it can be really annoying over time.

From my understanding (could easily be wrong) this can occur because the metal resonates at that certain RPM frequency and without well-made sound/vibration damping that you find in an expensive or stock exhaust the exhaust can have what I'd classify not as a nice exhaust noise but a stupid rattling sound (think Honda fart-can but low-RPM and more bassy). If you reduce sound-matting material to make the exhaust louder at high RPMs it's also going to be loud at low RPMs unless its designed correctly.

dmcmahan60 12-14-2018 03:10 PM

What 302 said and very well put. A resonant frequency in the cabin of the car that will drive you mad! Lol

Magna_Flow 12-20-2018 01:01 PM

You are able to change anything after the catalytic converter without voiding your warranty, but that doesn't always guarantee a hassle-free dealership experience. We would recommend talking to your local dealership's service manager first if you are concerned about their position on modifications.