Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   USA - NY / NJ / PA (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   SJ & Central NJ Softball and BBQ afternoon... (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81754)

Spaceballone 05-06-2010 01:48 PM

SJ & Central NJ Softball and BBQ afternoon...

1 Attachment(s)
Title says it all....

Update: Due to possible t_Storms in the area that day. The park is not allowing any fields to be used for fear of thunder storms in the area. I have been given a notice to reschedule the event and will do so. I will post up some dates but they will be for the month of August - due to the fact i will be out of town most weekends in July, and the rest of June. Sorry for the bad news, i didn't want to wait to long and have people buy food or waste money. Will update the thread once a date can be selected.

Hey all,
Just got back in and saw all the posts, and have decided to make it Sunday June 13 th. The location will be Cooper River. The space is large enough for all cars to be parked in a line (like the Halloween meet) there is a softball field/ barbecue section , along with open space for other activities. I will also have a. Buddy DJ for us. Hopefully the weather holds out. This will be a fun softball game at heart but food and other activities for all. If eveyone brings something I don't see why we wouldn't have more than enough food. I for one will be bringing RIBS!!!! Others can post what they will bring so double arent made. I will keep track of items and teams on the OP. As for time: I will get there early to secure the spot, so if people wanted to start showing up at 10-11am i figure we can get The tourney started in and have some food! Sounds like a plan to me. If there are any changes I will post them and I will keep an eye on the weather, like most of you will be. Granted this is posted on the C5 forum with the intent of havng a good number of C5 members show up ( in the 5 th gens) but friends and family are welcome. I will finish organizing the teams and if you can't make it no prob. Hope to see you next time.

Side note: if you plan on playing please have your own glove, I don't mind lending my glove to the opposite team ( like the old days) but we may not have enough to go around if no one has one.

Also anyone in the surrounding states are more than welcome to come; if each state gets a team we can have a tri state battle for the title!

Team 2SS/RS
Spaceballone
Darqueling
SSTony
MrGazinya
RRivera+1
Sstac
Audio321
Spaceballone +1

Team 2SS
Jennchuck
mjdodd1107
Jim69ss
Pazzo69
RRivera
Artfuldodger
Spaceballone +1
Sstac +1

Umpires:
TO

Oh yeah! I'll put my money on Team 2SS/RS taking it all the way!

Food List:
1.BBQ Ribs
2.Spanish Rice
3.Brownies
4.Soda
5.BBQ Chicken
6.Potato Salad
7.Pasta Salad
8.String Beans w/ Smoked Turkey legs!
9.Shrimp Salad
10.Sweet Potato Pudding
11.Hamburgers/Turkey burgers/ Hot Dogs
12.Pepperoni Bread
13.Deviled Eggs
Attachment 121608

SirBrad 05-06-2010 01:59 PM

I am definitley up for it. Sounds like a great idea.

Hey, one Philly fan getting tazed just means one less guy you have to worry about puking on your 11 year old daughter. :barf:

Darqueling 05-06-2010 02:03 PM

Count me in, since when do I like food? There are tons of fields in our area, so picking one comes down to which is open on what day we want to do so.

jennnchuck 05-06-2010 02:18 PM

count me in as well for both softball and bbq.

SSTony 05-06-2010 02:22 PM

sounds like a good idea

Spaceballone 05-06-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqueling (Post 1814691)
Count me in, since when do I like food? There are tons of fields in our area, so picking one comes down to which is open on what day we want to do so.

Ever since I saw you at famousdaves hosing down sweet tea and BBQ!

SirBrad 05-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaceballone (Post 1814797)
Ever since I saw you at famousdaves hosing down sweet tea and BBQ!

haha not as much as Sapper who also took an order for the road.

I could hardly blame him though, I need to get back to a Dave's soon.

alexw 05-06-2010 04:59 PM

Im down, even tho im in PA. I vote for a southern location, get the Philly folks involved. :)

MrGazinya 05-06-2010 05:23 PM

Yo Space, I'm in:thumbsup:

Spaceballone 05-06-2010 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexw (Post 1815314)
Im down, even tho im in PA. I vote for a southern location, get the Philly folks involved. :)

Yup will get ideas from everyone, and go from there just seeing the interest, which I think is high when people see the thread: this could be really fun! Will posy more when I get home

mjdodd1107 05-06-2010 09:15 PM

I'd be up for it!

TO 05-06-2010 09:28 PM

These legs of mine are well over 60yrs.old, I,ll just watch & drink lemonaid, along with some BBQ. TO The G-MAN

SirBrad 05-06-2010 09:59 PM

I hope Vinny signs up. I need him on my team. I know that a guy named Vinny from SI has to be one hell of a softball player.

Great pic by the way!

Sapper1 05-07-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirBrad (Post 1814835)
haha not as much as Sapper who also took an order for the road.

I could hardly blame him though, I need to get back to a Dave's soon.

yeah and I ate it on the road tooo:happyanim:

I am in as long as it is before Jun 13, leaving for SC for a month :drinking: