Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   PDIM Software Update (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31235)

bobby35ny 07-09-2009 01:50 PM

While all you techies are here. QUESTION
I have a bunch of toys to hold music for my upcoming camaro.
Ipod-BB-iphone-nano-usb key,
Whats best to use?

-bobby

Primus 07-09-2009 02:16 PM

Probably the ipod. Because you can configure playlists ahead of time. If you just use a memory stick to either do random play or artist/folder play.

UCF w00t 07-09-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobby35ny (Post 662901)
While all you techies are here. QUESTION
I have a bunch of toys to hold music for my upcoming camaro.
Ipod-BB-iphone-nano-usb key,
Whats best to use?

-bobby

As long as it's a somewhat recent one, going to have to say the iPod. You can just leave it in your glove box and not have to worry about 2500 song limits (as long as it can hold that much) and indexing issues. The iPhone is the same but I don't think it can work as a phone while plugged in (don't hold me to that). After that I'd say a USB key, then BB. The USB key should be the best method but due to the 2500 song limit and the indexing issues (which might get better with the newer firmware), the iPod takes the cake.

UCF w00t 07-09-2009 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Primus (Post 662999)
Probably the ipod. Because you can configure playlists ahead of time. If you just use a memory stick to either do random play or artist/folder play.

Although I haven't tried, you are supposed to be able to put playlists in the root of a flash drive. Not sure what format, I guess m3u?

Aaron1121 07-09-2009 04:27 PM

Codeman71-

Thanks for spending time on the forums to answer questions about the USB and Bluetooth streaming system!!!

Overall, I think it is great system! Bluetooth audio is awesome!

However, I was wondering if the recent software update changed the audio Bluetooth pairing at all.

Here is the question-

I pair my Iphone to the car via Bluetooth, but every time I shut down the car in XM or FM mode, it won't reconnect to Bluetooth (for audio) on startup. The only way I can get it to work again is to plug in a USB device, hit the Aux then config button, and manually tell it to connect on the Bluetooth menu. The Bluetooth pairing menu for audio will not come up unless something is plugged into the Aux port.

If I shut down the car while palying Bluetooth audio, it will automatically re-pair and start playing again when I start the car.

Is there a way to make this happen all the time? Or was it changed in one of the recent updates?

Thanks again!

tededfred 07-09-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman71 (Post 662340)
Yeah I totally agree and understand where you're coming from. You can probably imagine how I feel having worked so hard on the interface for it to be crippled with this song limit.

I can totally imagine how you feel. Been there, buddy!

Im starting to think I'll be using my iPhone a lot more to stream music, so I guess it wont be TOO huge of a deal. Maybe keep a few thumb drives kicking around for some of the more obscure music that I wont listen to every day anyway lol.

Thanks for being a reliable source of info on this stuff!

codeman71 07-10-2009 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron1121 (Post 663411)
Codeman71-

Thanks for spending time on the forums to answer questions about the USB and Bluetooth streaming system!!!

Overall, I think it is great system! Bluetooth audio is awesome!

However, I was wondering if the recent software update changed the audio Bluetooth pairing at all.

Here is the question-

I pair my Iphone to the car via Bluetooth, but every time I shut down the car in XM or FM mode, it won't reconnect to Bluetooth (for audio) on startup. The only way I can get it to work again is to plug in a USB device, hit the Aux then config button, and manually tell it to connect on the Bluetooth menu. The Bluetooth pairing menu for audio will not come up unless something is plugged into the Aux port.

If I shut down the car while palying Bluetooth audio, it will automatically re-pair and start playing again when I start the car.

Is there a way to make this happen all the time? Or was it changed in one of the recent updates?

Thanks again!

I don't think that there were many Bluetooth updates in this particular version. I know the startup routine was improved, so this may have included Bluetooth devices, I don't know. The next software update does include some Bluetooth improvements. That's the extent of what I know about it so not sure if it includes the initial reconnection after waking from sleep. I'm sure once the update gets out there, we'll know.

O2BQIK 07-10-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF w00t (Post 663000)
As long as it's a somewhat recent one, going to have to say the iPod. You can just leave it in your glove box and not have to worry about 2500 song limits (as long as it can hold that much) and indexing issues. The iPhone is the same but I don't think it can work as a phone while plugged in (don't hold me to that).

The iPhone does work over bluetooth as a phone while plugged in to the USB port. The car will automatically pause playback if you make/receive a call. The only advantage I can think of for iPod is if you want to leave it in the car all the time as you said.

sherifdude 07-10-2009 01:16 PM

http://www.connect2car.com

khislop007 07-11-2009 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman71 (Post 655843)
Due to Camaro1's detective abilities, he has found that a software update was available for the PDIM in his Camaro. It should resolve a lot of the issues concerning lockups at startup and while playing music on a USB drive. Visit your dealer to see if the update is available for you.

Be forewarned that the update is going to take a while (Camaro1 reported a 50 minute update) so you may only want to do this update if you have been experiencing problems.

If anyone gets the update, keep us posted on if it improves the operation.

Codeman, will this be an issue with my car? I placed my order last Friday 3rd July. My car won't arrive in Cayman until mid October.

codeman71 07-12-2009 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khislop007 (Post 671324)
Codeman, will this be an issue with my car? I placed my order last Friday 3rd July. My car won't arrive in Cayman until mid October.

No, these latest software updates will be applied at the factory before then. If there are other updates after these, then you might have to get your car updated, but the vast majority of the issues will be fixed by the time you get yours.

Should be a pretty rare car down there when you get it!

daniel@txangl.com 07-14-2009 06:13 PM

Anyone had this update yet

I went to my dealer and they had no clue about it. Said they would research it. Have not heard back yet. Anyone got this done yet? Any noted improvements?

UCF w00t 07-14-2009 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel@txangl.com (Post 680237)
I went to my dealer and they had no clue about it. Said they would research it. Have not heard back yet. Anyone got this done yet? Any noted improvements?

The only one I've heard of is camaro1 but he works at the dealer.

I'm not sure how their system works but I think they should be able to look it up by part #20861681 or CVN #0000A80A. This info can be found at http://tis2web.xw.gm.com/tis2web

khislop007 07-15-2009 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codeman71 (Post 673060)

Should be a pretty rare car down there when you get it!

:w00t:

I'm hoping so, I going have my stripes painted on, loud exhaust, procharger and some nice 20's with a fat lap on 315's out back.