CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior) (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=229)
-   -   SEMA Grille for LT Camaro But No Instructions (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497309)

Tridon 06-04-2017 05:29 PM

SEMA Grille for LT Camaro But No Instructions

1 Attachment(s)
I bought the SEMA grille package for my 2LT from GM Parts World, but it didn't come with any installation instructions. The information sheet packed in said the instructions are available through GMSI, but it appears you can only access that if you're a GM service tech or with a paid subscription. There's definitely more involved with this grille than the SEMA replacement grille for the SS. As you can see in the photo, there's many more parts than just the upper and lower grille. The bowtie and RS badges need to be mounted in the upper grille and there's air deflectors that need to be installed as well. I was going to do this myself but I'm reluctant to do so without the instructions. Does anyone know where I can find them or should I just get the dealership to install the grille package?

Fury 06-04-2017 06:30 PM

I believe lethal camaro has a video on YouTube of how to remove it.

LuvMI 06-04-2017 08:42 PM

I'd go the dealer route. Get it done right with warranty and if you ever plan to sell its on a record that counts. My 2 cents.

Tridon 06-04-2017 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMI (Post 9759279)
I'd go the dealer route. Get it done right with warranty and if you ever plan to sell its on a record that counts. My 2 cents.

I think I'm going to go this route. I talked to my sales guy and he promised he can get me his shop rate for the install. Said it will take them about an hour, so maybe only about $85-$100 including tax. You make a good point about the warranty and if the paint get scratched, they'll fix it.

kris.o 06-04-2017 09:25 PM

Thats what I'm doing, going to a local dealership to get grille and front splitter installed. Roughly $136 + tax ($80 for grille and $56 for splitter). I simply don't want to risk it, too many areas to mess up.

Zack46 06-04-2017 09:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my Sema RS Hyper Blue Front Grille installed by the dealer......
Love it with the nice smooth shiney metal and hyper blue inserts........

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Tridon 06-04-2017 09:49 PM

I currently have the gold bowtie but have ordered the black and just waiting for them to come in before doing the grille. I was surprised the grille came with a gold bowtie so now I have an extra. Still undecided about the front fascia extension. I like how it looks and so does the wife, but it's another $490CAD not including install. Granted, the extension is easy enough to do yourself.

TripleB 06-05-2017 02:31 AM

Can you do me a favor and take a picture of what the RS badge attaches to when it's attached to the grille? I bought new RS badges and the grille was installed by the dealer when I got the car. I can't get behind the grille without doing a lot of work I don't want to do. I want to see if I can do it with fishing line and/or if it's worth attempting that way.

camaromike77 06-05-2017 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvMI (Post 9759279)

I agree..... I would do the same.....:thumb:

camaromike77 06-05-2017 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack46 (Post 9759326)

WOW!!!!!!! That looks AWESOME!!!!!!!:thumb::thumb:

LuvMI 06-05-2017 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tridon (Post 9759301)
I think I'm going to go this route. I talked to my sales guy and he promised he can get me his shop rate for the install. Said it will take them about an hour, so maybe only about $85-$100 including tax. You make a good point about the warranty and if the paint get scratched, they'll fix it.

:thumbsup:

LuvMI 06-05-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zack46 (Post 9759326)

That's looks hot ... mean.

SixgenSix 06-05-2017 11:05 AM

I want this grille. I don't know if I want to go all black or with the SIM colored inserts.

Candie 06-05-2017 03:37 PM

I just ordered one for my RS and was quoted $200 for install. That seems high.