Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   YouTube embedding stopped working? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354274)

3rdgen3 04-21-2014 08:30 PM

YouTube embedding stopped working?
 
Hey everyone,

It seems that I cant embed youtube videos anymore? I know for sure it was working ~a month or so ago but now anytime i post a link to a youtube video, it just displays the link. It used to automatically do it but it doesnt anymore. Ive tried adding [ u2b] http://insertyoutubelinkhere.com [ /u2b] without the spaces and then nothing shows up.

Is this happening with anyone else?

45thAnniversary2SS 04-21-2014 09:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyF0Qhqn2A

45thAnniversary2SS 04-21-2014 09:01 PM

You can just paste link long as it is a non secure link (http vs https).

I pasted this: http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyF0Qhqn2A

The_Blur 04-21-2014 09:04 PM

I always just paste the specific address (after "v=").

ChrisBlair 04-22-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 (Post 7600571)
Hey everyone,

It seems that I cant embed youtube videos anymore? I know for sure it was working ~a month or so ago but now anytime i post a link to a youtube video, it just displays the link. It used to automatically do it but it doesnt anymore. Ive tried adding [ u2b] http://insertyoutubelinkhere.com [ /u2b] without the spaces and then nothing shows up.

Is this happening with anyone else?


I do not change how I embed youtube videos, and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. I understand your frsutration

Mr_Draco 04-22-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 (Post 7600571)
Hey everyone,

It seems that I cant embed youtube videos anymore? I know for sure it was working ~a month or so ago but now anytime i post a link to a youtube video, it just displays the link. It used to automatically do it but it doesnt anymore. Ive tried adding [ u2b] http://insertyoutubelinkhere.com [ /u2b] without the spaces and then nothing shows up.

Is this happening with anyone else?

Maybe you're doing it wrong.

Take the link 45thAnniversary2SS used for instance. You would post up [ u2b]DGyF0Qhqn2A[ /u2b]. As Blur said, you post up what is after the v=.

You can also just straight copy and paste the link without using any tags but that doesn't always work.

3rdgen3 04-22-2014 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 7603673)
Maybe you're doing it wrong.

Take the link 45thAnniversary2SS used for instance. You would post up [ u2b]DGyF0Qhqn2A[ /u2b]. As Blur said, you post up what is after the v=.

You can also just straight copy and paste the link without using any tags but that doesn't always work.

I know I can just paste the link, that's how I've been doing it for the last 2 years but now it rarely ever works.

I'll try the method posted everything after v= next time.

Thanks everyone.

I love burnouts!

Blu Ray 06-01-2014 08:29 PM

Im lost as to posting after v=....whats that? I'm having the same issues

45thAnniversary2SS 06-01-2014 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu Ray (Post 7711141)
Im lost as to posting after v=....whats that? I'm having the same issues

The "v=" is what is called a url parameter. Youtube will use that to look up the given video. So you type http://www.youtube.com?v=yourvideoid.

That gets converted here to an embedded youtube video. So, with the space removed, using ( http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=DGyF0Qhqn2A ) results in the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGyF0Qhqn2A

Blu Ray 06-01-2014 09:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwggLlV0_8

45thAnniversary2SS 06-01-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blu Ray (Post 7711251)

Here's where it goes wrong. Make sure it is a non-secure link. So take the s off https.

Cool video btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwggLlV0_8

Blu Ray 06-01-2014 09:09 PM

http:// v=cHwggLlV0_8

Blu Ray 06-01-2014 09:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHwggLlV0_8

Blu Ray 06-01-2014 09:10 PM

ok now it works, but like the previous poster said it works sometimes and sometimes not


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.