Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   "CAMAROS" Row after Row @ Oshawa Plant Lot...IT Must Be In Production!?? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14931)

FirstLSK 03-07-2009 08:30 AM

LOL @ CamaroCorvette

Hey, I wonder why they only put that protective plastic film on the corners? There must have been a heating issue with running across the entire front.

fastdoc436 03-07-2009 08:32 AM

Awesome pics!!! Thanks Elvis!!:w00t:

Chevyrocker 03-07-2009 08:40 AM

I need to go change my boxers...

RT21 03-07-2009 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaro_corvette (Post 325437)
Attachment 16802

:scared0016:

:laughabove: Nice!!! :sm0:

Inspector 17 03-07-2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 454chevelle71 (Post 325431)
I work for a local dealer in buffalo ny. And what we have been told is that every dealer in the county will get 2 6cy camaros before anyone takes delivery. and it looks like these are all 6cy

There is at least one V8 in there. Either that or they put the wrong front end on one of those V6s.

SSmoked 03-07-2009 09:07 AM

victory red
velocity yellow
silver ice metalic
black

seems like these will be demo/show cars. most likly the ss/rs cars will be show cars and the ss1 and lt cars will be demo cars.
iv seen 2 camaros on the road alredy both in victory red and both ss cars. i love this time of year :D

carsismeZ06 03-07-2009 09:09 AM

They're just amassing the army of Camaros to battle the Challenger Faction and Militia of Mustangs

undrcop2010 03-07-2009 09:15 AM

Elvis more photos pleaseeee.........:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

camaro24 03-07-2009 09:23 AM

Awesome

This is great. I think I may have seen mine!! Anyway. We were checking with one of the local dealers and they had been told that dealers would be fined if they charged buyers over the original purchase price (plus options) on cars that were on the lot. Does anyone know if this also applies to preorders? Our dealer was charging an extra $3,000 for the V6 and $5,000 for the V8 in October but that amount is not listed on the buyer's order that I actually signed.

Camaro Lives On 03-07-2009 09:27 AM

I'm sorry but... HOLY F***ING S**T!!!!!!!!! That is an AWESOME sight!!! CAMARO OVERLOAD!!!!!

ZYAL8R 03-07-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvisuperman (Post 324392)
For all those who said that it was impossible for production Camaros to be rolling out since production doesn't start till March 16th...well I think you are wrong...production must of started on February 16th as originally scheduled.

In the lot at the Oshawa plant on the South-West corner of Wellington and Stevenson there are rows upon rows of new CAMAROS with stickers in the windows!
All I had was my camera phone so forgive the quality of shots...I'll go back tomorrow during the morning and get better ones if I can...

Enjoy!

Those are just the test batches. Those cars are first runs to test the manufacturing processes and equipment right down to the Onstar stickers. They will probably either go to the dealers OR go to the junk pile!

I'll bet my left nut that those aren't ordered cars.

BUT....I love the photos and it's so cool to see them like that and it makes me very antsy to say the least. Their coming and their coming direct!

Thanks for the thread and the pics.:headbang:

KILLER74Z28 03-07-2009 09:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Very cool pictures... How cool would that be to see in person! Attachment 16809

Attachment 16810

Rothnak 03-07-2009 09:57 AM

I know you guys are in the same boat here but honestly how in the world am I supposed to wait for my newly ordered camaro? :(

When we all get ours we should get a gang of us together for a road trip. Oh joy!

Dukeboy01 03-07-2009 10:04 AM

I understand the concept of doing few builds of a new model to make sure the equipment is working right and then crushing them. But when your company is flirting on the edge of bankruptcy and has already taken billions of dollars from taxpayers, it seems like an incredible waste of money that me and a PR nightmare if/ when the media decides to do a blistering report on it.

Cue CNBC talking head:

"TONIGHT ON JIM CRAMER'S MAD MONEY: GM TAKES BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OUT OF YOUR POCKET AND THEN DESTROYS PERFECTLY GOOD CARS!! WHAT'S GOING ON?!! THIS MAKES ME WANT TO EXPLODE!!!"

If GM still felt the need to do that type of run for quality assurance, I think (hope) that they'd be smart enough to do it quietly and under cover of dark instead of parking 50+ Camaros outside for a few days where everybody can see them and take pictures before they go to the crusher.

I will let hope triumph over experience and vote that these are dealer cars.

In "normal" times building a bunch of cars and then crushing them for quality assurance would make sense and regular people wouldn't think twice about it when they heard it was happening. These are not normal times for GM and I hope they are really thinking about PR.