Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Gaming Lounge (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=132)
-   -   ps4 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278550)

sasquash1984 02-21-2013 06:48 PM

ps4

1 Attachment(s)
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/games...to-destiny/#/0

Attachment 476119

Indy Bumble Bee 02-22-2013 08:03 AM

Very promising machine. We will see how it pans out with more details in the future. I will wait a till the following year to buy one, but it is nice to finally see these new consoles being introduced.

v6sonoma 02-22-2013 09:01 AM

All I want to know is price. Is it gonna be $300 or are they going to rape us?

I'm not sure if I'm gonna more on to the next generation or not. I barely have time for all the games I have piled up unopened already. I guess it all depends on what comes out.

PsychoZL1 02-22-2013 11:08 AM

I watched the video from the unveiling conference Wednesday. It definitely looks promising. If they keep they're promises on what it will be able to do, then I think it has a real potential to be a winner.

My major concern is security over Sony's Cloud Service that it will be connecting to and hopefully the cost isn't going to be as high as the PS3 was when it first came out.

Now we just need to hear from Microsoft and what their plan is for the next generation.

Gigachip 02-22-2013 12:41 PM

i'm really excited about the PS4 :D
so I know its going to be a day 1 purchase

PsychoZL1 02-22-2013 03:13 PM

I'm thinking about making it a day 1 purchase as well. I'll decide once more info becomes available and what launch titles will be coming out. If Watch Dogs is among that list, then it will definitely be a day 1 purchase! :D

strych9 02-22-2013 03:15 PM

Hopefully they aren't junk like the rest of the PS's. I made a very comfortable side business repairing the PS3.

Dznts 02-22-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigachip (Post 6195013)
i'm really excited about the PS4 :D
so I know its going to be a day 1 purchase

:word::headbang:

Mr_Draco 02-22-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by v6sonoma (Post 6194185)

Several Japanese rumor sites say that there will be 2 different models available at launch. One is rumored to range between $450-$499 and the other is rumored to range between $550-$599. They got the rumors right on the PS3 so I wouldn't be surprised if they are right this time.

sasquash1984 02-22-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6195719)
Several Japanese rumor sites say that there will be 2 different models available at launch. One is rumored to range between $450-$499 and the other is rumored to range between $550-$599. They got the rumors right on the PS3 so I wouldn't be surprised if they are right this time.

This

Dznts 02-22-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6195719)

:word:

sasquash1984 02-22-2013 09:44 PM

http://www.policymic.com/articles/27...-game-consoles

Mr_Draco 02-23-2013 09:21 AM

I love this part of that link.

Quote:

The hardware and services of the PS4 and Xbox 720 will likely continue to compete neck to neck, distinguishing themselves only through minor differences.
A few months ago, a couple developers leaked out some specs of both the PS4 and the Xbox 720. At first they was just taken as rumors but after the press conference by Sony it was shown that these "rumors" about the PS4 hardware was actually true. If these same sources are also correct about the hardware of the Xbox 720, then the hardware of the Xbox will be quite inferior to the PS4 and the performance differences between the two systems will be quite noticeable. Especially if Microsoft continues with their plan on installing Windows 8 on the Xbox and allocating half of the consoles ram to only being able to be used by the operating system. This would only allow the Xbox to have 4 gigs of DDR3 ram for games vs PS4's 8 gigs of GDDR5 (which is superior type of ram to start with).

sasquash1984 02-23-2013 03:10 PM

I just hope Microsoft gets away from the DVD laser they are using .....hopefully blu or something better , I own both a ps3 and Xbox 360, but really interested to see the new consoles

Mr_Draco 02-23-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 6199858)
I just hope Microsoft gets away from the DVD laser they are using .....hopefully blu or something better , I own both a ps3 and Xbox 360, but really interested to see the new consoles

It's already been confirmed. Microsoft already made a deal with Sony to pay them a set amount per console so the Xbox can use Sony's Blu-Ray tech.

BloodRain 02-25-2013 06:10 AM

I just hope they stop holding back gaming.
Judging from the specs, looks to be another bleak 8 years of mediocre PC games. x86 only makes ports easier. Hardly touches a medium spec rig. And to be honest I haven't even touched my ps3 (Other than blu ray duty) since the huge disappointing mess of Final Fantasy 13. All that really interests me out of sony is the PSone classics on my PSPgo because of the way they try to make everything so 'accessible' and easy for everyone.

I miss the days when games where made by hobbiests for fun, to have fun. Now its all about the money, and how broad of an audience your game sells to. Look how many usless PR and Media people these companies have now compared to 10-15 years ago. Its as fake as Bollywood now. Without the amusement.

Silverlsinva 02-26-2013 05:57 PM

Ill be buying it day one for sure no matter the price!! I did it when the original Ps3s came out.

Brokinarrow 02-27-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sasquash1984 (Post 6199858)

Figured that would be the case, but interesting none-the-less. The PS4 announcement for me was pretty dull. I'm primarily a PC gamer, though I own both the 360 and PS3 right now. I think if Playstation can improve the PSN enough to compete with Xbox live they'll be doing better. If not I just don't see game devs jumping on the PS4 wagon when it looks like a lot of the next gen console games are going to be depending on constant internet connections. :iono:

malave7567 02-27-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6198744)
I love this part of that link.

A few months ago, a couple developers leaked out some specs of both the PS4 and the Xbox 720. At first they was just taken as rumors but after the press conference by Sony it was shown that these "rumors" about the PS4 hardware was actually true. If these same sources are also correct about the hardware of the Xbox 720, then the hardware of the Xbox will be quite inferior to the PS4 and the performance differences between the two systems will be quite noticeable. Especially if Microsoft continues with their plan on installing Windows 8 on the Xbox and allocating half of the consoles ram to only being able to be used by the operating system. This would only allow the Xbox to have 4 gigs of DDR3 ram for games vs PS4's 8 gigs of GDDR5 (which is superior type of ram to start with).

until games are designed to use more than a max of 2GB RAM (in other words, moving from 32-bit games to 64-bit), the RAM is kind of a moot point on the games themselves. Any PC gamer will tell you that having too much RAM is overkill. 8 is the norm on most gamer rigs because of the other aspects of the system, i.e. running an OS and having a ton of programs open. This is why the PS3 and Xbox360 had less than 1GB of RAM... it wasn't necessary to put more. As for the 720... Even if you're running 2GB of RAM on Windows 8, you still have the 2GB open for the games.

PsychoZL1 02-27-2013 08:53 AM

Honestly, I'm not going to worry about what system to get. In the end it doesn't matter to me because I know I will end up with both the PS4 and the Xbox 720 eventually anyway; I will still have my sweet gaming PC as well. :D

Win - Win - Win

PoorMansCamaro 02-27-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

I'm not sure if I'm gonna more on to the next generation or not. I barely have time for all the games I have piled up unopened already. I guess it all depends on what comes out.

depending on the size you got when the ps3 first came out, it was $500-600.

I would suspect the new system to be about the same, if not a little more, when it launches.

GbrilliantQ 02-27-2013 09:08 AM

Price will be around 299-399. Its using generic parts and even blu-ray burners can be had for 50 bucks.

Bank on it.

malave7567 02-27-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6215482)
Price will be around 299-399. Its using generic parts and even blu-ray burners can be had for 50 bucks.

Bank on it.

I think $400, but I agree with you on the fact that this is why they are switching to a more standard PC x86-64 configuration (easy standard parts).

GoldCartridgeGamer 02-27-2013 11:52 AM

Sony switched to off the shelf parts in order to make this console cheaper as well as easier to develop for. I am suspecting two models priced in the $350 - $450 range. I would be shocked to see a console priced at $300 this upcoming gen. I do not count the Wii U as next gen. It's a few years too late. The only way we might see a cheaper next gen console is if Microsoft does the contract thing again with the 720.

Mr_Draco 02-27-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malave7567 (Post 6215275)
until games are designed to use more than a max of 2GB RAM

They are coming this generation.

Mr_Draco 02-27-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6215482)

Bank on it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by malave7567 (Post 6215819)
I think $400, but I agree with you on the fact that this is why they are switching to a more standard PC x86-64 configuration (easy standard parts).

Scroll up.

The Japanese price points have already been leaked, which with the current exchange rate comes out to $450 or $550 depending on which model you get. However US prices have always been higher then the exchange rate so you're looking at $500 or $600.

GbrilliantQ 02-27-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6217178)
Scroll up.

The Japanese price points have already been leaked, which with the current exchange rate comes out to $450 or $550 depending on which model you get. However US prices have always been higher then the exchange rate so you're looking at $500 or $600.

$430

It's not been confirmed.

Search for PS4 299 and see what you get. The PS3 was so silly costly because of Blu-ray at the time and that stupid Cell cpu. I'm expecting two systems @ 299 and 399.

BUT! I won't buy it anyways. :laugh:

PC FTW!

Mr_Draco 02-27-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6217414)
$430

It's not been confirmed.

Search for PS4 299 and see what you get. The PS3 was so silly costly because of Blu-ray at the time and that stupid Cell cpu. I'm expecting two systems @ 299 and 399.

PC FTW!

The inside sources for the PS4 prices is the same sources that leaked the prices for both PS3 models and the price of the PS2 and both times was dead on the money. They also leaked the specs for the PS4 over 6 months ago before Sony's press conference. You can expect whatever you want but these sources have proven to be very reliable.

I bet you a new PS4 that the prices will be $499 and $599.

Dznts 02-27-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6218187)
The inside sources for the PS4 prices is the same sources that leaked the prices for both PS3 models and the price of the PS2 and both times was dead on the money. They also leaked the specs for the PS4 over 6 months ago before Sony's press conference. You can expect whatever you want but these sources have proven to be very reliable.

I bet you a new PS4 that the prices will be $499 and $599.

i agree with your prices listed above. its sony, they will have these things marked up a little! why??, because people will pay it.

BloodRain 02-27-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ (Post 6217414)
$430

It's not been confirmed.

PC FTW!

And the fact that the first PS3 had a PS2 built into it for backwards compatability. A feature which the newer ones lack.

I just wish this thing didn't have the stats of a PC I built 6 years ago.... :iono:

SSGUNNER 03-05-2013 12:26 AM

Will not get this ne console right away. Will wait a yr or two.

Silverlsinva 03-05-2013 09:19 AM

i dont see how everyone wants backwards compatibility i never really cared for it cause most games are gonna be digital downloads in the near future i can say i d/l half the games i play and when im done playing and getting the most out of them i delete them i think having disc's are cool but when you have 50 plus they take up too much space and most of the time ive never really went back to my collection of games to replay them except for a few games.

Tayap79 03-05-2013 09:23 AM

The not having backwards compatibility will be a problem at first. Like when the PS3 first came out, it took a while before the big titles were on the PS3. XBox was dominating the field at the time though.

GoldCartridgeGamer 03-05-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSGUNNER (Post 6246851)
Will not get this ne console right away. Will wait a yr or two.

:word:

I used to buy consoles on release date, but not anymore starting with this generation.

Mr_Draco 03-05-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlsinva (Post 6247604)
i dont see how everyone wants backwards compatibility i never really cared for it cause most games are gonna be digital downloads in the near future i can say i d/l half the games i play and when im done playing and getting the most out of them i delete them i think having disc's are cool but when you have 50 plus they take up too much space and most of the time ive never really went back to my collection of games to replay them except for a few games.

My beef with downloads is I bought the game new when it first came out. Why should I have to pay another $30-$40 to purchase a download version to play it when I already own the game. When the PS3 stopped being backwards compatible, there was plans to release a separate optic drive and processor that would plug into the USB port of the PS3 and allow you to play your PS and PS2 game but apparently the idea was scraped. This is one thing I'm looking forward to on the PS4. The plan is to allow you to put all of your old games onto PS Cloud and play them without having to purchase a download version.

SSGUNNER 03-05-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr_Draco (Post 6248109)
My beef with downloads is I bought the game new when it first came out. Why should I have to pay another $30-$40 to purchase a download version to play it when I already own the game. When the PS3 stopped being backwards compatible, there was plans to release a separate optic drive and processor that would plug into the USB port of the PS3 and allow you to play your PS and PS2 game but apparently the idea was scraped. This is one thing I'm looking forward to on the PS4. The plan is to allow you to put all of your old games onto PS Cloud and play them without having to purchase a download version.

If what you say is true that would be great for sony and its market. I dont many will buy games that they own on ps3 for the ps4.

Silverlsinva 03-06-2013 09:48 AM

I understand that you have paid for the game already but its 2013 and those games are 10 years plus old you mean to say you still havent gotten your money's worth out of it? and most games that are that old are like 10 bucks or less

Mr_Draco 03-06-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverlsinva (Post 6251836)
I understand that you have paid for the game already but its 2013 and those games are 10 years plus old you mean to say you still havent gotten your money's worth out of it? and most games that are that old are like 10 bucks or less

It's not a matter of if you got your value out of it. It's a matter of paying twice for something you already own. Your forgetting this issue doesn't just effect older games, it also effects new PS3 games that just came out.

How would you feel if when the 6th gen comes out, you had to pay GM the full price the 5th gen cost when you bought it just to keep driving it?

Camaro_Corvette 03-08-2013 09:26 PM

Quote:

I would think you would be raping them if you got it for 300 dollars.

kalimus 03-28-2013 10:17 AM

With no backwards compatibility, Sony can SMD. There's no good reason to not have this capability. The last thing I want is to keep multiple gaming consoles hooked up just to play the games I still like. And most of the people who bought the PS3 when it first came out took advantage of that to play their PS2 games. I still will have PS3 games I like to play (occasionally). I'm also still unsure about this whole thing that I've been hearing about not being able to buy used games/borrow friends games. I admit I haven't kept up on the reading, but does anyone know if that's still the case?