Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Camaro5Fest II - What is YOUR.. Favorite Memory? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141764)

JoeP@TeamBeckyD 04-17-2011 07:14 PM

Camaro5Fest II - What is YOUR.. Favorite Memory?

1 Attachment(s)
C5Fest was a BLAST!!!!...:w00t:

What made it memorable, for you?
:drinking:

Attachment 229348

Redemption 04-17-2011 07:26 PM

Easy....
http://tapa.tk/mu/aefe13ed-84cb-a04f.jpg

What a great group of people at GM. They were more excited than us, even after signing cars for hours.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SSBUSDRVR 04-17-2011 07:31 PM

Hi BeckyD Sent you an e-mail.
Not being there was a bummer.:(;) Seriously reading posts from attendees at the festivities kept us outsiders informed and entertained. It had me reminiscing about past events like Super Chevy Sunday with the last Camaro we owned 25+ yrs ago and dreaming once again about future events with the camaraderie that comes with them. Thanks.:)

alcal1084 04-17-2011 07:34 PM

Dinner from sat. Night had a blast it was great hanging out with the GM guys!!!!

GetInTheCar 04-17-2011 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not fair! There was so much to remember, I had to write it all down on the plane ride back so I wouldn't forget. How about:
all the wonderful people, including all the organizers, Becky, Joe, Jaci, Pete, Mike Haddad, and especially Danny Popp who let helped me through my first AutoCross in my rental Camaro, and then let me ride along with HIM in the Pfadt car to see how a pro does it,
the incredible cars I saw, too many to mention, but got to say, Tag's gun-metal grey beauty was probably my absolute favorite (way to go Tag!)
The Bondurant Hot Laps,
All the GM Camaro Execs who still look excited to shake the hand of yet another fan of their handiwork,
How many things I MISSED, because I couldn't be in two places at the same time,
AND a big THANK YOU to the guy on the motorcycle who tried to race me to the merge on the I-10 West entrance ramp, after I left Bondurant. I backed off after hitting 74 as he wasn't admitting defeat, only to watch him merge right next to a highway patrol car that immediately pulled him over. Thanks guy -- that ticket should have had MY name on it, and that would have been a great way to ruin a wonderful run.

Can't wait til next year!!! Hope everyone has a safe journey back home and starts dreaming about next year!

Me, not wanting to let go of the Pfadt car at the AutoCross

IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 04-17-2011 08:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's her car and well it was alcohol induced.

The_Stache 04-17-2011 08:23 PM

First time ever on a drag strip (in any car)... and I was the only one on the track for about 30 minutes Saturday night. Felt like I owned the place.

Pulled a 13.645 @ 105.75

Managed a best of 13.524 @108.93

Going to dinner with the GM execs Saturday night (and Alex getting pulled over by a cop for a bogus reason).

Meeting Scott Wednesday and going over the plan for C5F2.

The business dude that bought beer for everyone on his expense account Wednesday night because the parking lot was the coolest thing he had ever seen (only about 30 camaros).

Many many more memories...

Gigachip 04-17-2011 08:42 PM

Thursday: The cruise
Friday: Getting my car mods installed
Saturday: the Signing
Sunday: nothing, didnt like the thought of it ending and going back to reality:(

XoVeR 04-17-2011 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 (Post 3106748)
Lets just say I had a bra on and was posing thru the sunroof....... It's her car and well it was alcohol induced

Ahh that was friggin classic and glad I got to see it happen live. The hd video replay of it was great.

But there were a lot of memories from the event even though I never made it to the track because of family obligations.

The dinner at nypd's on Friday was darn right comedy. That was great. Meeting all the folks I met.

Had a blast,

Milk 1027 04-17-2011 09:00 PM

Sitting in a million dollar protoype car.

Thank you Scott!!
:D

JM10 04-17-2011 09:24 PM

Friday:
When the people from GM were talking about the new additions for late 2011s camaros and got interrupted by a LOUD exhaust....then all of the sudden the ZL1 appears!!!:headbang::headbang::bow: (with SSX wheels:drool:)

JM

SilverFoxx 04-17-2011 09:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Definitely...

Ponte 04-17-2011 09:35 PM

Im so upset i didnt get to go this year :( maybe next year tho! :)
<3 Ponte

Autobots 04-17-2011 09:42 PM

It was all a blast, the best part for me was the drive with the group the stops all the ppl coming up and asking what was goin on with all the camaros, At one stop in new mexico the gas attendant even came out to look lol. Hanging out at the host hotel parking met some really cool ppl and a lot full of awesome cars....worst part at the track was all the freakin nats or what ever those bugs where...ewww

And thanks for the hats becky