CAMARO6

CAMARO6 (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/index.php)
-   2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=155)
-   -   Deer (https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=533648)

Frankie18SS 07-11-2018 08:53 PM

Deer

2 Attachment(s)
So this happened. :suicide:

Officer: What year is it?
Me: It's 4 weeks old.
O: Awww...Really?!?!

Insurance Appraiser: Approximately how many miles on the vehicle?
Me: 2,200
IA: Awww...Geez!!!

BlakeR 07-11-2018 08:58 PM

OUCH! I grew up near you in Dryden. Everyone in my family, including myself has hit a deer up there at least once.

Stoner 07-11-2018 09:03 PM

Every time I saw someone hit a deer, lots of blood and fur. And most times into the windshield. I know it sucks, but I think you were pretty lucky. I did not look real close at the pictures but looks like the hood might be ok.

dunedon 07-11-2018 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was my 2011 Charger after meeting a deer 2 minutes from my house ... Less than a year old.

$11k in damages ... Replaced with all OEM parts, good as new ... Never going to complain about paying insurance premiums again. :)

Gunkk 07-11-2018 09:28 PM

That sucks. But easy enough to get it fixed up.

CamaroBody 07-12-2018 12:29 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/2ELn0bavaCX6g/giphy.gif

MaxxRPM 07-12-2018 12:44 AM

Foeking Deer!............:mad:

Liralen 07-12-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie18SS (Post 10246765)
So this happened. :suicide:

Officer: What year is it?
Me: It's 4 weeks old.
O: Awww...Really?!?!

Insurance Appraiser: Approximately how many miles on the vehicle?
Me: 2,200
IA: Awww...Geez!!!

Sorry to see that! Hope bodily that you and any passengers are okay. I hit a deer in my 2013 HW Special Edition on my way to meet up with a group for a cruise to Mt. St. Helens back in fall of 2015. Thankfully the car was still driveable. If recall correctly it was about $6500 in damages. They had to replace the radiator brackets/mounts as they broke, headlights as some of the mounts on those broke, and the entire front fascia as it cracked & had antler holes punched through. Thankfully the airbags did not deploy (was only going about 35 mph too). There was even deer hair still stuck in a couple of cracks when the insurance adjustor checked it out. Dealership we used fixed it up like new. Then about 5 months later the shingles on our roof flew off in a windstorm where the gusts were about 85 MPH, and the car was in the driveway. That time it needed new windshield, new stripes all around, and a new paint job all around, that cost around $15K, same insurance adjustor...and his comment was "we just fixed this car!" The dealership did a great job and even put on an extra clear coat layer. Neither incident affected our insurance rates, because in WA state hitting a deer is not an at fault for the driver (only if you lose control and go off the road), and the same for the shingles off the roof. Only had to pay our $100 deductible. Hope it all works out well for you too....looks like you had a beautiful redline edition.

Frankie18SS 07-12-2018 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlakeR (Post 10246772)
OUCH! I grew up near you in Dryden. Everyone in my family, including myself has hit a deer up there at least once.

That’s where I was!!! This was on Rochester Rd. 6 miles south of Dryden Rd.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stoner (Post 10246778)
Every time I saw someone hit a deer, lots of blood and fur. And most times into the windshield. I know it sucks, but I think you were pretty lucky. I did not look real close at the pictures but looks like the hood might be ok.

Hood is bent too. Not much but there’s a small crease on the front edge. I know what you mean. Airbags and windshield are fine so it could have been a lot worse than what it was. The AC refrigerant leaked out so there is some damage to the condenser area but I think it’s mostly cosmetic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunedon (Post 10246794)
This was my 2011 Charger after meeting a deer 2 minutes from my house ... Less than a year old.

$11k in damages ... Replaced with all OEM parts, good as new ... Never going to complain about paying insurance premiums again. [IMG]file:///C:\Users\Frank\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\ clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Wow, that’s a lot of damage for a deer!! Yeah, can’t say anything about the premiums.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroBody (Post 10246909)

It was almost worth it just to see this gif!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liralen (Post 10246933)
Then about 5 months later the shingles on our roof flew off in a windstorm where the gusts were about 85 MPH, and the car was in the driveway. That time it needed new windshield, new stripes all around, and a new paint job all around, that cost around $15K, same insurance adjustor...and his comment was "we just fixed this car!"

WOW!! That’s heartbreaking!!! I’m fine, thanks for asking, I was only going around 40mph. Same thing in Michigan with no fault as long as you don’t swerve. I trust the dealership so I’m really not too concerned. It’s kind of a downer but it could have been much, much worse.

sschons74 07-12-2018 06:13 AM

Very sorry to see that. I lost my 2014 V6 to a deer, totaled it, all airbags went off, F'er jumped out I hit it square on about 60 mph. Good news insurance gave me a little more than I owed & I got a 2016 1SS.

avalonandl 07-12-2018 07:30 AM

Bambi Revenge...... its a real bi$ch.....

Bad Anvil Garage 07-12-2018 07:49 AM

By the looks of your headlight, you really scared the SH*T out of that deer.

mdhopt36 07-12-2018 08:51 AM

Don't swerve??!! Blindly plow ahead??? Screw that!!!

Monday, a doe came from the left side of the highway, I was doing about 50. Hit the brakes, slowed down to abt 20, and as soon as I was sure she wasn't gonna swap ends, I went for the left lane, no cars coming. Missed her by a scant 10 feet or so. Got out of that no damage, and a big respect for good brakes and tires. All over in about 2 seconds total, from first seeing her, and pulling back to right lane.
If I was driving my "beater Camry", I'd have smacked her for sure.

Frankie18SS 07-12-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad Anvil Garage (Post 10247047)
By the looks of your headlight, you really scared the SH*T out of that deer.

Lol! Literally!!