Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Screwed Over & Picking Up the Pieces: My 1000hp 5th Gen Rebuild [COTW 8/31/15] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=407250)

2SSCamaroChris 05-06-2015 03:53 PM

HOLY F**K!!!!!

Here is the order i would of handled things:
1. Strangle everyone who looked at the car from the shop!
2. Repeat step 1 10 times!
3. filed a lawsuit in a nano-second!
4. called the local new station!

There is absolutely no excuse to destroy a car like that. If they could not complete the task they should of been upfront with you before you spent a small fortune. Seriously consider a civil suit and call the local news station.

A f**king purple hair tie? WTF!

lcrosss 05-06-2015 03:56 PM

Yeah.. pretty sad, huh?

maddoggyusa 05-06-2015 03:57 PM

disgusting. if you can prove fraud, some states have 3x damages.

Trob85 05-06-2015 03:59 PM

Woooooow you better sue these idiots into extinction they have no business doing anything to anyone's car.

Dmpsix 05-06-2015 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcrosss (Post 8405607)
Thanks guys.. I really had no idea how to handle this situation until I started asking around. So many things have left me speechless. It's like having the wind knocked out of you.

Yeah but you know what, you're a smart guy and a really patient one too.

It was pretty awesome to see your response, I'm located in SATX so I feel for you being a local Texas guy. It's sad to see what happened to your car when there really are soooo many solid shops out there.

I hope everything goes well for you though! Looking forward to this beast!

You should nickname your car Phoenix... risen from the ashes! :respekt:

Ace0751 05-06-2015 04:08 PM

What did I just see? Sorry to hear you had to go through this, I would collect damages and move on rebuilding like you said. All that was uncalled for and wtf with the purple band?

USMUCL 05-06-2015 04:12 PM

When you look at the links to the OP's original threads, you find the shop's response. They seem reasonable and credible.

Then I saw the OP's pictures here, and I had to get up and go kick the snot out of my cat.

Red2014SS 05-06-2015 04:43 PM

Man, that's awful. I sure hope you can get your car fixed and running. Things like this make me sort of happy that I can't really afford high dollar mods.

Once more, best of luck to you. Hope you get it all sorted out.

scdude37 05-06-2015 04:44 PM

Wow, sorry to have to read this thread. I went and read the other two and wow is all I can really say! I hope everything goes a lot better at this other shop and everything is okay with the marriage. That's why I try to pick and have somewhere that has amazing customer service even if they cost a little more. But good luck OP

lcrosss 05-06-2015 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMUCL (Post 8405689)
When you look at the links to the OP's original threads, you find the shop's response. They seem reasonable and credible.

Then I saw the OP's pictures here, and I had to get up and go kick the snot out of my cat.

Sometimes it's best to just remain patient/quiet until you have pictures to back up your claims. That's exactly what I've been doing. :happy0180:

lcrosss 05-06-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scdude37 (Post 8405740)
Wow, sorry to have to read this thread. I went and read the other two and wow is all I can really say! I hope everything goes a lot better at this other shop and everything is okay with the marriage. That's why I try to pick and have somewhere that has amazing customer service even if they cost a little more. But good luck OP

It's tough to tell, sometimes.. Not all that glitters is gold, I suppose. Thanks man!

Pace 05-06-2015 05:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this with us. I know most won't. I feel bad and can't help but think the money spent could've went to a higher end Camaro.

MBS 05-06-2015 05:44 PM

What a bunch of hacks , Like everyone else said ... Legal action should be happening and fast

PurgeSS 05-06-2015 05:44 PM

I kinda want to know what happens on the legal end of things.. I'd imagine that they're screwed but.. The system sucks.