Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   WIFE ISSUES with Gen5 ? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109083)

SSLarry 10-04-2010 05:08 PM

WIFE ISSUES with Gen5 ?

Anyone here with a wife/husband, girlfriend/boyfriend who just doesn't understand the gen 5 experience?

I have a wife who has no interest in riding in my Camaro. I am afraid to mention the cost of a SC because she would think I am crazy for even considering spending that much on an add-on for the car, especially after paying an insane $36K. Needless to say, she's an A-to-B driver and would rather I spent the money on something more practical like a new kitchen, etc.

If your spouse or significant other in 'on board' then consider yourself lucky.:(

camaroitalia 10-04-2010 05:10 PM

My gf gets pissed when i tell her "I cant talk gotta go wash my other girl" lol they just dont get it

Moreno1 10-04-2010 05:12 PM

That's why I'm planning on marrying a SEMA model...

Rage 10-04-2010 05:14 PM

Lol:D I feel the same way!! She has no love for my baby!:wub: I'm budgeting on the side for a whipple(secretly), we'll see how that goes, only 1/8 the way there. I feel your pain bro!

camaroitalia 10-04-2010 05:18 PM

:bow:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno (Post 2402463)

BAD DAB 10-04-2010 05:19 PM

At least you don't have to worry about her asking to drive it.

PoorMansCamaro 10-04-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno (Post 2402463)

They change...trust me.

LuckyWife 10-04-2010 05:24 PM

Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! DH is definitely a "car" guy, and even said he didn't mind putting off his car build to get our car. Well technically it's "ours", but we both know it's MINE!:D

SSLarry 10-04-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyWife (Post 2402492)
Guess I'm one of the lucky ones! DH is definitely a "car" guy, and even said he didn't mind putting off his car build to get our car. Well technically it's "ours", but we both know it's MINE!:D

You are not lucky because he is a car guy (most of us are). HE is lucky YOU are a car girl !

hot ss 10-04-2010 05:35 PM

my wife doesnt like being co-pilot, as the pass seat doesnt lift and she cant see.
she rarely drives it cause it scares her. (she floored it once to jump into traffic, omfg was funny as hell). i did get her to take it down the quarter mile once.....she got 12's first run. now that its 11s fast, she wont race it ever again. Good thing for me, she allows me to mod it at my discretion. So its MY car, that SHE forced me to buy after i turned down a base vette.

rmnc3r 10-04-2010 05:48 PM

Not just my wife, but my daughters too.
They are happy for me 'cause they see how much I enjoy this car - I have never been this enthused about a car since they have known me, but they have no appreciation for the Camaro.
My wife's fantasy car is a '70s Mini Cooper and my oldest daughter has recently come to be wowed by the CTS-V (as am I), but the Camaro is an almost an anathema to them.
No matter, I likes what I like.

Vancelot 10-04-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jus1dab (Post 2402480)
At least you don't have to worry about her asking to drive it.

My wife loves my car! She begged me to let her drive it. So I let her drive it on a short errand and what happened? Small curb rash on one rim.

She is too scared to drive it anymore. (good thing)

Jessika 10-04-2010 05:54 PM

I am one of those kinda lucky ones. Hubby couldnt care less about my car, but on the other hand he couldnt care less what I do to it! Only bad thing is he flat out refuses to buy me anything for it as a gift (xmas/birthdays/valentines day) when of course thats all I want!

My birthday is this month, all I want is a set of Pedders lowering springs and struts... or a snow meth kit... comeon baaaaaaabe!

Michael_Js 10-04-2010 06:00 PM

My gf doesn't care much about the car - she can't see much out the passenger side so will ride in it, but it's nothing to her. She likes her truck and although it's very useful, it's a truck, even to her. Had her last Toyota truck for almost 12 years! We don't combine incomes, so other than small words here and there, she doesn't say much when I spend. She doesn't ever ask to drive it and usually refuses when I ask if she wants to drive with me. Says I treat it too important...oh well...It's just a car ;)

Now, I did drive a base Vette on Friday and told her I was trading in my Camaro! She didn't like that much - ;)

No, I'm not trading it in, I just wanted to drive the vette! I DO REALLY want an '11 Carbon Z06 in IOM!! But, $90K+ is out of my league.