Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=144)
-   -   Is any one Road Wrapping their car to AZ for C5F2? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133497)

IROCanSS 03-09-2011 07:18 AM

Ok...

For real? Pam? Tape? Cling wrap? :facepalm: it's not that big a freakin deal. Just drive the damn thing out there, give it a quick bath and be done with it. If you care about your car enough to do some of this stuff, surely you have a nice coat of wax on the bumper and bugs will wash right off. As for stone chips, I have 18,000 unwrapped miles on my car and maybe 2 or 3 chips.

People really know how to make something out of nothing.

And finally, to the dude with the bra, those are the WORST thing you could put on your car. The fabric scuffs the paint, if it rains, it traps water, debris gets stuck along the edge and scratches the paint, they flap and could mar the finish. Total waste of money.

motorhead 03-09-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2937177)
Ok...

For real? Pam? Tape? Cling wrap? :facepalm: it's not that big a freakin deal. Just drive the damn thing out there, give it a quick bath and be done with it. If you care about your car enough to do some of this stuff, surely you have a nice coat of wax on the bumper and bugs will wash right off. As for stone chips, I have 18,000 unwrapped miles on my car and maybe 2 or 3 chips.

People really know how to make something out of nothing.

And finally, to the dude with the bra, those are the WORST thing you could put on your car. The fabric scuffs the paint, if it rains, it traps water, debris gets stuck along the edge and scratches the paint, they flap and could mar the finish. Total waste of money.

The pam post was a joke. And for the most part I have to agree with you.:word:

IROCanSS 03-09-2011 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2937188)
The pam post was a joke. And for the most part I have to agree with you.:word:

I know and I loved your disclaimer bc you know someone was about to try it!!! :sm0:

GTAHVIT 03-09-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2937195)
I know and I loved your disclaimer bc you know someone was about to try it!!! :sm0:

so what does that say if I was just pondering it....

:facepalm:

you know, "well I guess that would work???"

:help:

motorhead 03-09-2011 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2937195)

I know. I thought about that post last night. I had visions of some idiot happily spraying pam on his car and heading to C feast. I figured an edit was order. :laugh:

GTAHVIT 03-09-2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChvyBoss (Post 2936828)
Heard the road wrap was better then the masking tape

road wrap is easier to apply and easier to take off but not as thick at tape... so if you are more concerned about hitting something while on the road then I'd go with the tape.

:iono:

IROCanSS 03-09-2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2937203)
so what does that say if I was just pondering it....

:facepalm:

you know, "well I guess that would work???"

:help:

I'd be afraid some of the chemicals in Pam, though safe for human consumption :iono: could be detrimental to the finish... but who knows.

You first. ;)

GTAHVIT 03-09-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2937218)
I'd be afraid some of the chemicals in Pam, though safe for human consumption :iono: could be detrimental to the finish... but who knows.

You first. ;)

Uuuuhhhhmmmm no.

:laugh:

WadeWilson 03-09-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2937225)
Uuuuhhhhmmmm no.

:laugh:

:laugh: Come on Chris be a sport. :D

Dirtdog 03-09-2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrhaus76 (Post 2937177)

totally agree... I used to have one on my old BMW. i put it on cuz i hit a deer and was a poor college kid who couldnt get it fixed, so i used the bra to hide it. after a couple weeks i noticed some damage starting. after a full year there was a lot of swirls and scratches.

Merc 03-09-2011 09:23 AM

The CDN West Convoy is using Road Wrap.

:thumbsup:

Camaro21 03-09-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorhead (Post 2937120)
That really has a nice fit. What brand is it?

Edit: By the way the pam post was a joke. Please don't try that anyone.

It is the Colgan Brand. http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/2010-camaro-bra.html

IBMCamaro 03-09-2011 07:40 PM

For the PAM spray do you use the butter or Olive oil flavor??? :sm0:

coolman 03-09-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBMCamaro (Post 2940168)
For the PAM spray do you use the butter or Olive oil flavor??? :sm0:

I like the kind for use with grills. It holds up to the heat of the road and car better. LOL