Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   2012 Camaro Z28 HP Edition Production Begins Jan. 1, 2012! (Confirmed to dealers!) (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124078)

Shurenuff 01-13-2011 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by metthem (Post 2727224)
could the 330 tire fit if they changed the offset of the rear wheel? Also does anyone know if they make a 330 snow tire?

For the price of a 330 snow tire, if they even exist, you could buy a winter beater. I'd guess those things would be crazy expensive.

snizzle 01-13-2011 04:20 PM

HP Edition? Weird. Hope that's a codename.

radz28 01-13-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z4me (Post 2726933)
Wahoo very first post on the boards, I have been reading the forums for the past month or two. Kinda waiting in the wings and gaithering as much info as possible to make the best choice on my new camaro. Thxs to all the reading I delayed getting the new 2011 SS model, for the convertable, then after reading about the new Z28
I'm going to wait till then. I'll be able to save up more money by then and get the car I really wanted and a full warrenty as well. I can't say enough to the Chevy team about making these camaro's (all styles) with the quality and passion being shown. As hard as it's going to be to wait, i would rather it take longer and have a well made car then a poorly concieved vehicle that was rushed into production.
I'm hoping that we can see some upgrades for the people that can afford it. I know the majority of the people on the boards here would like a Z for under 50k, but personally I would like a range between 50k and 60k. This could be my last real car and my wife said to me after riding honda accords for 15 years and raising two kids through college go for it!
I already told my chevy dealer last week to put me down for one LOL, he said hugh?
There making a newer version camaro soon, I said yup.

Last real car was a grand national so I'm ready.
I need to be patient now!

PS: My wife thinks your all obsessed and nuts but, she said it with a smile on her face. She's a keeper :)

Me thinks you're correct :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by iHateLoso (Post 2727073)
  • 2012 Camaro Z28 production begins January 1, 2012
  • Internally referred to as the "HP Edition" model
  • 6.2L supercharged engine
  • Magnetic Ride suspension
  • 285F / 330R tires
  • Hood design to have louvre/slat design seen in spy photos (dealers in attendance were shown a gray Z28 model)
  • Slight (not major) updates to the interior, with some brighter trimwork
http://oi54.tinypic.com/3quyq.jpg

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

OMG - that's good!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SummoneR (Post 2727129)
I guess the hope of a Z/28 is still on hold. Wonder what the HP Edition will be called, Z71? HA HAA
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2299/...98b6f8.jpg?v=0

I'd roll that!!!

Quote:

could the 330 tire fit if they changed the offset of the rear wheel? Also does anyone know if they make a 330 snow tire?

I think Mickey Thompson has some Baja Claws that might work :D I don't know that there's enough room between the outside of the strut and inside of the quarter panel. Without tubbing, and maybe even revising the strut mount area, I'm not sure it's going to fit and have the clearance they'd require. I'm just guessing though.

dermo1989 01-13-2011 04:21 PM

Becky works for one of the best dealers in the country everybody. Every time I go into see her, she is on Camaro5. She is a Camaro fanatic just as we all are. You just don't see that kind of passion out of your typical dealer personnel. If you ever have the opportunity to buy a new Camaro, especially the new Z-28, or any Chevy product for that matter, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favor and give her an opportunity to provide you with the best new car purchase experience of your life. She has bent over backwards for myself and I am confident that she would do the same for anybody else. Especially our Camaro5 family. Thanks for the Z-28 info Becky!!!

REAPER SS 01-13-2011 04:22 PM

Man oh man.....I got to have one

Shurenuff 01-13-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 2727239)
HP Edition? Weird. Hope that's a codename.

It is, the question is does that codename = Z/28? I'm starting to think not.

toesuf94 01-13-2011 04:26 PM

:fbodgoul2: BECKY :fbodgoul2:

She is in the back of one of those Suburban's after telling everyone that the Z28 was discussed at the dealer meeting. Say Hi to Shunt, Becky.

Scrappy Doo 01-13-2011 04:30 PM

Sweet. It's going to be a wicked car.

But you should get that for around 50k.

I'd probably get a year old z06 for that kind of coin.

Beyond Limits 01-13-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

If you could make a 330 fit with something as simple as changing the offset Tony would have already been selling those wheels by the pallet. You are limited in the offset by the depth of the axle in relation to the inside of the quarter panel. To mount a 330 you need a rim that is 12" or 13" wide which means if you kept the offset correct and the tire inside the wheel well you would basically put the inside edge of the tire right up against the inside of the wheel well at rest meaning any vertical movement in the suspension would cause the tire to rub, and forget about lowering the car. If you see 315's mounted they do fit but it is an extremely tight fit. Change the offset any more to allow for a wider tire and the tire would be sitting outside the wheel well.

Milk 1027 01-13-2011 04:32 PM

I wonder how much my SS will be worth by then.
I'm guessing I'll have about 16K on the odo.

Z_Rocks 01-13-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2726895)
I haven't been in a car with the magnetic suspension, but the performance of CTS-V, Z06, and ZR1 definately show it works. Doesn't one of the Ferraris have that exact set-up, too?

Honestly [and perhaps I'm being biased] the MS on the Z06 (with Z07 package) and ZR1 is more effective/superior than the one in Ferrari, due to it's nature to put TQ down to ground. MS comes in very handy at launch time, like GT-R MS. I took a ride in the new Z06/7 and it's take off is more productive than without the MS. This alone will kill the GT500 in the race with the new Z28.

Ah, the only thing this car misses, is a true forged piston and rods. That's where I envy GT500. BTW, GT500 for MY2013 (production in 2012) will get the TVS2300 @ 600HP.

hot ss 01-13-2011 04:41 PM

i was awaiting the launch of the cts-v coupe, and was heavily saddened when i drove the first one....im keeping my camaro, no need to upgrade to a new car... i have this one the way i want it.
in canada i bet the new z will be 70k, if not 80.

Beyond Limits 01-13-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radz28 (Post 2726826)
HEY!... I live amongst those bug eaters!!! They hated when I'd open the cutout and my LTs left a nice, straight shot for my LS1 to scream around the neighborhood. They didn't like the tiresmoke coming off the driveway either... :iono::D:headbang:

Yea I forgot you had to live among them... Unfortunately it's not a whole lot better here down south. I have one of those tofu burger hybrid driving self righteous tree hugging clowns that lives in my neighborhood. He cornered me in a parking lot in a pansy-mobile not that long ago and started to chastise me about not caring about the environment and why would I drive such a loud monstrosity of a vehicle, to which I replied by turning on my car and yelling over the roar as she fired up, so I don't have to listen to schmucks like you.

Just cause they think they screwed up the environment does not mean that I should not get to have just as much fun as they did.

Me... I don't trust air I can't see... ;) :D :headbang:

Milk 1027 01-13-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z_Rocks (Post 2727283)
Honestly [and perhaps I'm being biased] the MS on the Z06 (with Z07 package) and ZR1 is more effective/superior than the one in Ferrari, due to it's nature to put TQ down to ground. MS comes in very handy at launch time, like GT-R MS. I took a ride in the new Z06/7 and it's take off is more productive than without the MS. This alone will kill the GT500 in the race with the new Z28.

Ah, the only thing this car misses, is a true forged piston and rods. That's where I envy GT500. BTW, GT500 for MY2013 (production in 2012) will get the TVS2300 @ 600HP.

What about a road course though? That's what I am more interested in.