Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2010 Camaro SS not affected by closing of GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13893)

Tran 02-19-2009 03:07 PM

2010 Camaro SS not affected by closing of GM's High Performance Vehicle Operations

It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that:
"You've got the Camaro SS coming out. It is not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

jmcbeth 02-19-2009 03:10 PM

Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense!

Caliman93230 02-19-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tran (Post 298365)
It was reported yesterday that GM has scrapped its High Performance Vehicle Operations. Many of you were understandably worried about the effects of this shuttering on the Camaro "SS"

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that the 2010 Camaro SS is "not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

The Camaro SS, Corvette ZR1 and Z06 were all developed as regular production models, and not through the HPVO unit. Hence, all of these vehicles are safe.

ok so calling off the mob and putting the torches and pitchforks away, man this would have been ugly.

GOT PSI 02-19-2009 03:23 PM

If the SS,Z06,and ZR1 were regular production models, I REALLY want to see what HPVO was working on.

Milk 1027 02-19-2009 03:26 PM

I was ready for a fist fight.:fighting0030: :fighting0040: :fighting0072::fighting0056: :character0293: :slice: :paddle:

CamaroSSforme 02-19-2009 03:27 PM

Quote:

Well, worry no more! GM spokesperson Vince Muniga has addressed this concern of ours. He has told InsideLine that the 2010 Camaro SS is "not threatened at all" and will be coming out as planned.

Great now you are telling me my SS is not so exclusive :(

(said in the spirit of finding something negative to say about any ol' thing that infects the internet)

:wave:

1_2Many 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Me thinks this does mean the end of the Z28 though :(

BigTrap1967 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

if the camaro ss/zr1/and zo6 are not developed threw the HPVO unit what cars are.

Tran 02-19-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamaroSSforme (Post 298383)
Great now you are telling me my SS is not so exclusive :(

(said in the spirit of finding something negative to say about any ol' thing the infects the internet)

:wave:

:sm0: the doom & gloom mentality is certainly high these days... whether it be on the internet, or in the media in general. :mad0259:

Cyberfan 02-19-2009 03:32 PM

The quote in your link talks about the division doing cars like the "V series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS, and a V-8 version of the Colorado."

So if those are the "high performance " cars that are being abandoned, I think I can live with it. :rolleyes:

I guess we will just be stuck with those "low performance" SS Camaros and Corvettes! :rolleyes:

ponycrusher21 02-19-2009 03:33 PM

just realized this means no cts-v coupe

z28 was first to come to mind but....

damn that would have been sweet!

FenwickHockey65 02-19-2009 03:33 PM

The sky isn't falling now, is it? :rolleyes:

GOT PSI 02-19-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyberfan (Post 298390)
The quote in your link talks about the division doing cars like the "V series Cadillacs and the Chevrolet Cobalt SS, HHR SS, and a V-8 version of the Colorado."

So if those are the "high performance " cars that are being abandoned, I think I can live with it. :rolleyes:

I guess we will just be stuck with those "low performance" SS Camaros and Corvettes! :rolleyes:

How will we cope with that? I don't think I can go on living.

jmcbeth 02-19-2009 03:37 PM

If I remember my history right, it was the equivalent of this group (probably had a different name) that designed the Z/28 302 engine for the 1st gen Camaros.