Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   THE MOTHER OF ALL THREADS ABOUT STRIPE PACKAGES!!!! (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8624)

r0cketdr 11-06-2008 09:38 PM

In addition to the matte vs gloss question, does anyone know if the silver stripes are actually silver or are they a light shade of gray? I ask because I've ordered a cyber gray 2ss, and I'm going nuts trying to decide on the rally stripe color .. I ordered black stripes, but now I'm wondering about the silver.

PYROLYSIS 11-07-2008 12:01 PM

I believe 30th anniversary camaros were available with roof stripes. I know i've seen one with them, just unsure if they were factory or not.

Hylton 11-07-2008 12:22 PM

^ I totally forgot about that and what makes it worse is that I own one! You are correct.

Rogue Leader 11-14-2008 09:31 AM

Anyone who went to SEMA have any info about whether the LPO VYR Cyber Gray Hood / hockey Stripe package has now been changed to Switchblade Silver. See the attached photos above in this thread....

TaylorRyanSS 12-06-2008 05:11 PM

So I have a question... If I get the black rally stripes on an SS they will come over the lip spoiler, but I am getting the high wing spoiler, so when they remove the lip spoiler to put on the high wing, a piece of the stripes will be missing in the back because it is still on the lip. How are they going to fix that?

Hylton 12-06-2008 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 (Post 210624)
So I have a question... If I get the black rally stripes on an SS they will come over the lip spoiler, but I am getting the high wing spoiler, so when they remove the lip spoiler to put on the high wing, a piece of the stripes will be missing in the back because it is still on the lip. How are they going to fix that?

They won't :( You have 3 options:

1. You will need to remove the SS spoiler and do body work/repainting on the trunk lid if you want the high wing spoiler so getting the factory stripes on the trunk lid will be a waste of money for you. After body work and paint, install high wing spoiler and dealer stripes.

2. Find someone who bought a red LS (no spoiler) and trade him your factory spoiler trunk lid for his non spoiler trunk lid. Install high wing and dealer stripes. Should be easy to do this even though very few LS will initially be available. This is currently my best suggestion.

3. Order a new trunk lid, paint it red and then install the wing spoiler on it and re-stripe that trunk lid while keeping/selling the original with the factory installed stripes/spoiler.

TaylorRyanSS 12-07-2008 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 210633)

1. You will need to remove the SS spoiler and do body work/repainting on the trunk lid if you want the high wing spoiler so getting the factory stripes on the trunk lid will be a waste of money for you. After body work and paint, install high wing spoiler and dealer stripes.

2. Find someone who bought a red LS (no spoiler) and trade him your factory spoiler trunk lid for his non spoiler trunk lid. Install high wing and dealer stripes. Should be easy to do this even though very few LS will initially be available. This is currently my best suggestion.

3. Order a new trunk lid, paint it red and then install the wing spoiler on it and re-stripe that trunk lid while keeping/selling the original with the factory installed stripes/spoiler.

Yeah I was just thinking of not getting the stripes when I order and just have them do the body work for the high wing when I get the car... then buy the stripes after and have them installed

Thanks

stovt001 12-07-2008 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 210633)

I'd like to get the blade spoiler. Since it fits flush with the body as opposed to the high mounted spoiler I'm hoping it attaches the same as the stock spoiler, no repainting and body work required. I'm also assuming then I'll have to go the dealer stripes route. My concern, would the dealer stripe kit be long enough to cover the blade spoiler? And am I correct in assuming it will attach without body work and repainting? Thanks

TonytheTiger 12-07-2008 10:26 PM

Very usefull information great job on the stripe information.

70 COPO 12-08-2008 06:31 AM

"Yeah I was just thinking of not getting the stripes when I order and just have them do the body work for the high wing when I get the car... then buy the stripes after and have them installed" (TaylorRyan74)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I'd like to get the blade spoiler. Since it fits flush with the body as opposed to the high mounted spoiler I'm hoping it attaches the same as the stock spoiler, no repainting and body work required. I'm also assuming then I'll have to go the dealer stripes route. My concern, would the dealer stripe kit be long enough to cover the blade spoiler? And am I correct in assuming it will attach without body work and repainting? Thanks" (Stovt001)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Hylton
They won't You have 3 options:

This whole issue of fitment, stripe application, and how long, who will install (with the hi wing and the blade) is kind of an embarrassing blemish on what otherwise looks to be a good roll out. Is it just me or does it seem that the stripes and how they co-exist with the rest of the car was managed as a complete afterthaught when it came time for production? I mean body work -or switching a deck lid on a brand new car??

I think we deserve a little better then this.
:help:

Hylton 12-08-2008 07:13 AM

^^ Well the high wing spoiler ease of installation was certainly an afterthought.

Hylton 12-08-2008 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stovt001 (Post 211406)
I'd like to get the blade spoiler. Since it fits flush with the body as opposed to the high mounted spoiler I'm hoping it attaches the same as the stock spoiler, no repainting and body work required. I'm also assuming then I'll have to go the dealer stripes route. My concern, would the dealer stripe kit be long enough to cover the blade spoiler? And am I correct in assuming it will attach without body work and repainting? Thanks

If you are talking about the rally stripes then I believe they will stop half-way up the blade spoiler. The stripes will certainly not wrap around the blade spoiler to be visible on the rear part of the blade.

If you are talking about the large stripe then it does not matter which spoiler you select because it is designed to run underneath the spoiler.

70 COPO 12-08-2008 07:26 AM

OMG........:drinking::help::mad0259:

stovt001 12-08-2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylton (Post 211650)
If you are talking about the rally stripes then I believe they will stop half-way up the blade spoiler. The stripes will certainly not wrap around the blade spoiler to be visible on the rear part of the blade.

If you are talking about the large stripe then it does not matter which spoiler you select because it is designed to run underneath the spoiler.

I'm thinking for now I'll be going with rally stripes. I didn't expect them to wrap around the spoiler, but I'd like them to go all the way to the top on the front side. Ending half way up would look weird. Maybe I'll just reconsider the blade spoiler. It is starting to sound like more problems than it is worth.