Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Aux Gauge pack cluster mod (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=510138)

Wiz02 10-07-2017 10:35 PM

Aux Gauge pack cluster mod

Am I the only one that feels that the more important gauges are behind the less important ones and their view is blocked by the HVAC controls? Has anyone tried to rearrange the gauges in bezel so that oil pressure and voltage are in front?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

camguynj 10-08-2017 04:41 AM

:pop2:

seishuku 10-08-2017 08:49 PM

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, but being that they're stepper motors, that's 4 wires per gauge... A lot of rearranging.
Then there's the bezel... I'm sure it's one piece like the main gauge cluster.

Shakadula51 12-22-2017 05:51 AM

Wiz, great question. Did you move any gauges around yet? I will be considering this option myself in a few months.

Wiz02 02-04-2018 05:50 PM

Sorry for the delay, haven't been checking this forum, but the short answer is no too many other things going on. Let us know if you give it a shot.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hammdo 02-04-2018 06:25 PM

I did this instead, 16 parameters available:

http://www.accelerationtechinc.com/p...20(Medium).jpg

-Don

Deputy347k9 06-16-2018 04:43 PM

Thought I would bring this topic up once again. I really like to occasionally check the oil pressure when driving, a habit I have had for years. Problem is you really can't see it without bending over in the seat. If the oil pressure gauge was moved over to the upper right side you would have a clear view.

Has anyone tried this? If so pictures?

havelegs 06-17-2018 09:33 AM

Can this be mounted on the dash?

Cheap Guy 06-23-2018 11:44 AM

I finally took the time to really look at how the gauges are laid out and each gauge housing has a rounded corner specific to its location so unless you can disassemble the gauge and move them to a different housing I don’t think you can change the location.

Deputy347k9 07-29-2018 07:05 PM

Has anyone added a gauge pod with an auxiliary oil pressure gauge to the A post? There has to be a way you tap into something to add another oil pressure and temp gauge? I have a two gauge pod in my 96 Impala SS that I really referrer to more than anything.

seishuku 07-29-2018 08:22 PM

The data is easily available over the single wire CAN bus, so any gauge that can get data over CAN can add those gauges. (that was a lot of cans! :D )

Personally, I have a selection of data that I can cycle in the DIC navigation page: Coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure, trans oil temp, intake air temp, fuel tank level (in percent, useful for when the gauge gets way down), and outside air temp (just 'cause).

blake-b 08-01-2018 07:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
MopI have an NGauge that plugs into OBD port and it shows oil pressure. I also have a PLX gauge plumbed to AFR, fuel pressure at rail, and oil pressure at oil cooler block. I compare the oil pressures and they are generally within 1 psi of each other at start up. After warming up, the PLX shows a few psi higher. I am not sure why. Perhaps because the PLX is reading from a lower spot on the engine whereas the OBD is reading from the sensor at the top, rear of the engine. It could also be the sending unit I am using for the PLX isn't accurate. I don't know and it really doesn't bother me.

The ngauge is in the ac vent and the PLX is in an A pillar pod with my eboost2. They look out of whack in the picture but are straight when viewed while driving.

Shakadula 09-25-2018 10:13 AM

I haven’t bought the 4 pack gauge cluster yet but in the meantime I am trying to figure out what the bars represent in the information center. Meaning, does 2.8 (3 bars) = 50 psi? The dopes at chevrolet can’t answer and keep referring me to the manual. Am I missing this in the manual?

Then they told me to contact the dealer. The dealer told me to look on the inside of the door jam for tire pressure psi. Does no one listen anymore?

Anyway, has anyone figured this out?

Coz3z3 09-25-2018 05:03 PM

Not sure why they put BAR instead of PSI on the DIC, but it is the metric form of pressure.
So 1 BAR = 14.5 PSI or so