Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Car Journals (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Tom Henry Racing THR22 2010/LS3/IBM/Supercharged SS Camaro [COTW 10/29/12] (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24276)

Mr Twisty 03-19-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour (Post 2983155)
http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/1144...T/PQ%20working

Hhaha.. hope you guys like this... it may have to go Viral.

Can someone repost it so it shows up in the post? Its not like a YouTube.
:laughabove:

Ya know Kyle, I like you, I really do....

... but yeah, don't quit your day job :laugh:

The squeaky old man dancing was pretty good tho.

JusticePete 03-19-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PQ (Post 2984238)
Yup.

Garage sale time. I just happen to have a brand spanking new 5th Gen Camaro arm sitting around from early R & D measurements. # 92243845 It should fit either side. You can cross reference it at the online GM discount parts sites. Double check and let me know how much they are charging.

PQ 03-19-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984264)
Garage sale time. I just happen to have a brand spanking new 5th Gen Camaro arm sitting around from early R & D measurements. # 92243845 It should fit either side. You can cross reference it at the online GM discount parts sites. Double check and let me know how much they are charging.

Here are the pics...... Any indication why it tore?

And how much is a new arm? What do you want for that one, and can I drive the car while I wait?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1125

speedster 03-19-2011 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984264)

Pete -

Waaaaayyyy off topic - would a rear sway bar from you help the SST hook for 60' times ? I assume IRS => yes ? If so we need to talk. :)

PQ 03-19-2011 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2984304)
Pete -

Waaaaayyyy off topic - would a rear sway bar from you help the SST hook for 60' times ? I assume IRS => yes ? If so we need to talk. :)

:popcorn: Attachment 218254:popcorn:

GTAHVIT 03-19-2011 08:13 PM

ooooooooooooooooookeeeeeeeeeeeeyyy

So we got the rear end done sway bar included..... GRRRRRR.... Not pedders fault but the rear sway was a PAIN IN THE ASS....

Mostly because my mufflers were just in the way.... we tried and tried to make it fit.... But in the end we had to loosen the muffler twist it so it was out of the way and then we finally were able to get the sway in place. Other than that, taking the stock endlinks off sucked have to use a allen wrench inside the bolt and a wrench on the nut so you only get half a turn and a time.... TOOOOOKKKK FFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEVVVVERRRRRRR....

We did make a few mistakes on the rear and had to redo a few things...

THNANK GOD Mossman is here and willing to work through the night with me to get the front done...

Plus shooting video slows us down a bit also... But so far so good.

Damn PQ ... whats up with the end link??? From What pete has told me, that is exactly why I needed the adjustable end links so you can shorten them to work with the lower ride height and not bind/break when the suspension compress....

Pete... is that right???

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:15 PM

1. Driving is iffy.
2. Do you have aftermarket bars?
3. Has the endlink been removed for any reason?

You can have my arm for a donation to Saint Jude Children's Hopsital plus shipping, OK?

Kyle.Gilmour 03-19-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 (Post 2984241)
Ya know Kyle, I like you, I really do....

... but yeah, don't quit your day job :laugh:

The squeaky old man dancing was pretty good tho.

haha.. hey man, I had a limited script to work with.. i lifted it right from PQs post

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:20 PM

ooops I forgot to mention the secret for removing endlink bolts almost instantly.

1. Wire brush off any debris
2. Spray with penetrating lube
3. Using the biggest baddest impact wrench available, squeeze the trigger and they are off

Massive amounts of torque solve a lot of automotive problems or as Elwood said Blessed Mother of Acceleration don't fail us now. At least you can use this technique on the front endlinks.

PQ 03-19-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTAHVIT (Post 2984339)
Other than that, taking the stock endlinks off sucked have to use a allen wrench inside the bolt and a wrench on the nut so you only get half a turn and a time.... TOOOOOKKKK FFFFFFFFOOOOOOORRRRRREEEEEEEEEEVVVVERRRRRRR....

............:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

:word: :word: :word:

It was 29 degrees in my garage when I did mine. SUUUUCKED........ I fogot about that. Why am I laughing? looks like I'm gonna have to do mine again. :facepalm:

Quote:

Damn PQ ... whats up with the end link??? From What pete has told me, that is exactly why I needed the adjustable end links so you can shorten them to work with the lower ride height and not bind/break when the suspension compress....
:iono:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JusticePete (Post 2984344)
1. Driving is iffy.
2. Do you have aftermarket bars?
3. Has the endlink been removed for any reason?

You can have my arm for a donation to Saint Jude Children's Hopsital plus shipping, OK?

Pfadt sway bars and drop springs..... :rolleyes:

Actually, me and Chris found a nut missing on it once before. Put a new one on in no time. Been there ever since.

Deal. I'll PM you my info. Thanks. Might need to talk parts too a little bit.

600hp-lpe 03-19-2011 08:35 PM

what... no pictures?

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:38 PM

My guess is two fold. When the first nut fell off the endlink ball stud rattled around and elongated the hole. The tab is mild steel and a loose endlink will elongate the hole on a stock bar. Stronger aftermarket cars would do more damage more quickly. The OE endlink boss is fine for OE bars. Our endlinks have a large boss or face to distribute load across the mild steel tab in the arm. You can see it clearly in these photos as well as how thick the washers are.

http://forums.peddersusa.com/imageho...0bf7537e7b.jpg

When we modify our Camaros, when we make one piece stronger, everything else in the system becomes comparatively weaker. We try very hard to maintain that balance. It is why our bars are sold with endlinks. Stronger bar, stronger ball joints and larger mounting surface to more evenly distribute the load.

When you replace you arm, you should remove the other endlink and verify the hole is round and the tab has not been deformed. We want trouble free travel to the Fest!

JusticePete 03-19-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedster (Post 2984304)
Pete -

Probably. The idea is that a big honkin' rear bar will help evenly distribute the load an launch so the torque doesn't crew down one side of the car forcing you to launch on one wheel / tire.

Can you post a short summary with pictures of your modified rear? I tried looking through your build thread to refresh my memory but my eyes glazed over on page 4,752 :D

GTAHVIT 03-19-2011 08:46 PM

Pete check your voice mail plz

:D