Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Some guy copied my car (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306702)

Minge 07-09-2013 09:16 PM

Some guy copied my car

So I got a new 13 convertible IOM in color and put some slp rims on it and did some hood spears and javelin stripes, zl1 rockers and heritage grill. I parked my car inside an aircraft hangar I work at until the weather improved this spring. A person that works at the facility next door came over one day and asked to look at my car. He complimented me on my car and asked a bunch of questions and that was the end of it or so I thought.

So today I drive into work today and parked in the parking lot next to my place of employment is a 2013 IOM convertible that is a perfect clone of my car. He copied my car right down to the rims.

Would you be upset of flatered? I am a bit taken back by this and not sure how I feel.

Boydr12 07-09-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minge (Post 6769331)
So I got a new 13 convertible IOM in color and put some slp rims on it and did some hood spears and javelin stripes, zl1 rockers and heritage grill. I parked my car inside an aircraft hanagar I work at until the weather improved this spring. A person that works the facility next door came over one day and asked to look at my car. He complimented me on my car and asked a bunch of questions and that was the end of it or so I thought.

So today I drive into work today and parked in the parking lot next to my place of employment is a 2013 IOM convertible that is a perfect clone of my car. He copied my car right down to the rims.

Would you be upset of flatered? I am a bit taken back by this and not sure how I feel.

I'm gonna be honest I'd be pretty pissed. All you can do now is make sure yours is faster than his!

midnighter 07-09-2013 09:32 PM

I'd install a lift and 32's then see if he copies you again.

Dtrimpi87 07-09-2013 09:33 PM

I would smash his face in for being a douche.

Glen e 07-09-2013 09:37 PM

what other people does not bother me....I guarantee you mine would be better detailed than his...how he takes care of it will separate the looks fast....

LIM3 07-09-2013 09:40 PM

I can understand one or two mods the same. But the same colors and all mods ? That's crappy.

KRIS10 07-09-2013 09:40 PM

I have a few copycats. I even had a guy tell me on more than one occasion that he had seen my car around and was going to do his stripes like mine, same color car, same color stripes!
Its gonna happen so I've learned to just get over it. But that guy is pretty ballsy. If it was me I would have told him how much I didn't appreciate it.
Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥

Minge 07-09-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 6769448)
what other people does not bother me....I guarantee you mine would be better detailed than his...how he takes care of it will separate the looks fast....

I have chip guarded with xpel most of the car and used adams polishes glaze and wax. My car will never see rain and will be pristine. No contest here, I will win on that front hands down.

MikeMoach 07-09-2013 09:42 PM

There was a thread earlier today that touched on this topic, he sold his car

I'd ask him why did he do it, just be upfront with him and see what's what

Angrybird 12 07-09-2013 09:46 PM

Swap license tags with him, then put on a disguise and go rob a bank, make sure they see the tag number then go back and swap tags back. You win, you keep the money and he goes to jail......JK..

2010 SSRS 07-09-2013 09:46 PM

go up to him and give him your autograph

LoneStar 07-09-2013 09:52 PM

I'd take it as a compliment! It seems like you detailed your car exactly how he thought it should look! I bet if you talked to him, he'd say how much he loved the way your car looked. (Now if he starts talking trash... That's a whole 'nother story.)

P.s. post pics of your car!!

RoadieWingZ 07-09-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minge (Post 6769331)
So I got a new 13 convertible IOM in color and put some slp rims on it and did some hood spears and javelin stripes, zl1 rockers and heritage grill. I parked my car inside an aircraft hangar I work at until the weather improved this spring. A person that works at the facility next door came over one day and asked to look at my car. He complimented me on my car and asked a bunch of questions and that was the end of it or so I thought.

Take it as a compliment, Dude. No reason to be upset about something like this. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, so be proud of your design and that someone wants to mimic the result.:clap2:

14pilot 07-09-2013 09:59 PM

He's stalking you. Kill or be killed... LOL !!!