Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   For Those with Camaro Problems...Escalation Procedure (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71421)

Inspector 17 03-16-2010 05:22 PM

For Those with Camaro Problems...Escalation Procedure
 
There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.

jeffny09 03-16-2010 05:34 PM

peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Inspector 17 03-16-2010 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffny09 (Post 1597753)
peteeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused0068: Wuz up Jefffff!

jeffny09 03-16-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camaropete (Post 1597777)
:confused0068: Wuz up Jefffff!

oooo nothing new man, been meaning to email you but been a bit busy latly bro! how bout you?>

Number 3 03-17-2010 07:53 AM

Thanks to Camropete for posting this. I have given some of you this number in the past in hopes that you would do exactly as he has suggested.

You can use this number to report a problem with your dealer or a problem with your vehicle that has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

To report an issue regarding a dealership:
First contact the Customer Assistance Group by calling 1-800-508-3060
If the issue is still not resolved and the customer is in need of additional assistance:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)


For questions regarding GM warranty coverage (new car warranty and GMPP warranty)
Contact with the Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060

To follow up on an existing customer case with Customer Assistance Center:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

The escalation process is a form that I or any GM employee submits internally but you will have to have the SR number which you can only get from Customer Assistance.

So the process asks that you give your dealer a chance to take care of you. If not then you can call the 1-800 number and if that doesn't work, have a GM employee go to the "How to help a customer" website and submit an Escalation Form on your behalf. And you can PM me if you have problems with this or if you need help with escallation.

I can assure you that there is a significant focus on making sure GM customere are the most satisfied. As Mr. Reuss has stated, we will do it one customer at a time.

GTAHVIT 03-17-2010 01:20 PM

Great information.

Thanks guys!

Dr Jkel 03-17-2010 01:32 PM

Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.

Number 3 03-17-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Jekel (Post 1601389)
Does this work on the Camaro or any General Motors Vehicle? Also does the vehicle have to be in warranty? I am having a problem, not with my Camaro but my Truck, it's a long story, but no resolution.

Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.

ron10 03-17-2010 05:17 PM

great info.thanks.

Partick 03-17-2010 05:24 PM

Great info, hats off to camaropete and Number3!

Dr Jkel 03-19-2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 3 (Post 1602489)
Any GM Vehicle. Try that 1-800 number. This is not a Camaro only program for helping customers.

Thanks Number 3, I will give it a try. I am just really frustrated about my truck.

skuttduck 04-08-2010 08:43 PM

Suggest Sticky for this thread.

LSP2010 04-08-2010 08:51 PM

k

Inspector 17 04-09-2010 07:09 AM

Also, anyone who uses the process please post your results so others can see how things were handled.

Synergy SATX 04-09-2010 01:48 PM

1 week later still waiting on parts. Camaro Fest countdown ... :bellyroll::bellyroll::bellyroll:

SSPooler2010 04-15-2010 07:10 PM

In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.

Inspector 17 04-16-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 (Post 1726055)
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. ...

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.

PM sent. Sorry about your problem, but we will see what we can do to assist.

grunt 04-16-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 (Post 1726055)
In June 09 we ordered our 2010 1SS. Two days later after reading up on this forum I went back and upgraded to the 2SS. I really wanted the USB option for my Ipod ( yeah this is the female pooler not the male) but I also figured that for $2300 I should upgrade because I didnt want to kick myself for not spending the little extra to get the 2SS. Anyway, after some problems with the dealership and a call to the Customer Relations Number the car arrived and we picked it up on 9-18-2009. I had the car in the shop the following week with a problem with the USB feature. I would be driving and then all of a sudden it would stop playing the IPod and give me a "No Data" message and kick me over to the radio. Not long after the first trip to the shop we were dropping it off again for the same problem. And again. Skipping forward as the car was "stored" at the end of November because of the nasty winters here. April 1st we took the car out of storage and got to drive it again....still same problem. I took it back in to the dealership AGAIN (FOUR TIMES FOR THE SAME PROBLEM). Atleast this time they were telling me that there was a service bulletin and I am being told that there just needed to be basically an operating system update. So I dropped the car off and was given a base model ford focus that drove like crap. I was not pleased. Anyway getting off topic supposedly this fixed the problem... yet it still happens everytime I am in the car. I called customer care yesterday and was told that they would call me back yesterday. I finally get a return call after 2pm today. I called them back only to be told that it was immediately escalated and that I would get a call tomorrow afternoon. I asked to speak with a Supervisor or Manager twice I called for this only to placed on hold for over 20 minutes each time. Then they would come back and tell me that a Supervisor or a Manager was not available.

I am SOOOOO aggrevated. I LOVE this car but I am really tired of having to put it in the shop and having to drive a little crap box around instead of my gorgeous car. I am blessed that I didnt have to finance the car and I paid cash....So I have to tell you I am sorely tempted to sell the damn thing and go with something else. I was patient about all of this until the last time it was in the shop. It should not take 5 trip into the shop to fix a problem like this. But no one at GM seems to care that I am upset or even understand WHY I would be upset about this.

So far I am NOT impressed with the customer care department. I am truly hoping that they surprise me.

I just sent you a PM, with my email address and what info I need to escalate your issue. Sorry for the problem. Hopefully we can resolve it to your satisfaction.

Michael_Js 04-16-2010 10:11 AM

Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!

SSPooler2010 04-16-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1728262)
Great info and yes, please don't just go off the handle and bash GM! Great cars, yes, some problems...

Thanks guys!

Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!

grunt 04-16-2010 12:50 PM

Just as an FYI,,,the USB issue is not limited to the Camaro.
And by the way I don't take anything said above as bashing GM. Just a customer that had a bad experience and is dissatisfied. And I am a GM employee.
Now we have to work hard to correct the situation and gain the confidence back!

Inspector 17 04-19-2010 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSPooler2010 (Post 1728524)
Dont go off the handle and bash GM????? Well lets see I have a brand new car that keeps having to go into the shop for the same thing. Contact GM and so far haven't gotten anywhere.

So excuse me if I am a little ticked off because I have taken this car back several times and not had the problem fixed. I then in good faith contact customer care just to get the run around....Gee I dont know what I would be a little pissed about that.

It is not bashing GM to talk about the issues that I having with the car AND lack of resolution with the customer care team.

CamaroPete and Grunt Thank you for the PM with the information appreciate the help!

You are welcome SSPooler! I hope that everything gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Inspector 17 04-21-2010 12:25 PM

SSPooler2010, any update from your end?

eckerj 04-26-2010 06:05 PM

I have an issue with my car, detailed in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

The short and skinny version is that I have to wait and hope that parts on my car
fail again before the dealer will do anything about it.

This was confirmed by the GM Customer Assistance people who I talked to today.

Not a happy camper.

The Stig 04-26-2010 08:28 PM

Pete,

So I have been having a ton of problems with my camaro. See:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79065

I've been assigned a regional representative. Girl named Elizabeth, she's great tons of help, the whole nine yards, everything that GM says their customer service is 24/7. After a lot of turn around, and starting on 15 + days at the dealer this month, they are bringing in some GM engineer to look at my car. The problem is that they want me to drive around with him to show him the problems, which is perfectly fine. Except that the transmission jerk and the brakes are intermittent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a little paranoid that none of my problems will show up when I'm out test driving with the engineer, and then he'll just blow me off as a complaining dick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do during/after the "test drive" to explain/show them that I'm not crazy?

Thanks

eckerj 04-27-2010 12:55 PM

So, after posting in another area of camaro5, I did some searching through TSB's
hoping to find ones that matched my problems. I found two matching TSB's and
a "Service Update" (not sure if this is the same as a TSB):

#09-01-37-001 - Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel
#09-08-49-011 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Needle(s) Stick Intermittently
#09207A - HVAC Reprogram

My question is this: What is a TSB used for? Are these things that must be addressed
if the car is brought in for service? Or are these simply instructions for fixing
problems that are verified at the service department?

Thanks for any info/advice,

-Joe
p.s. The HVAC isn't a big problem, though I'd be comforted knowing it
was addressed.

Inspector 17 04-27-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eckerj (Post 1772079)
I have an issue with my car, detailed in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79840

The short and skinny version is that I have to wait and hope that parts on my car
fail again before the dealer will do anything about it.

This was confirmed by the GM Customer Assistance people who I talked to today.

Not a happy camper.


Quote:

Originally Posted by eckerj (Post 1775641)
So, after posting in another area of camaro5, I did some searching through TSB's
hoping to find ones that matched my problems. I found two matching TSB's and
a "Service Update" (not sure if this is the same as a TSB):

#09-01-37-001 - Gurgle Type Noise Coming from Instrument Panel
#09-08-49-011 - Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Needle(s) Stick Intermittently
#09207A - HVAC Reprogram

My question is this: What is a TSB used for? Are these things that must be addressed
if the car is brought in for service? Or are these simply instructions for fixing
problems that are verified at the service department?

Thanks for any info/advice,

-Joe
p.s. The HVAC isn't a big problem, though I'd be comforted knowing it
was addressed.

Joe.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. First. the TSBs are bulletins for issues that customers are seeing or that have been found in a given car. These are issues that don't warrant a recall, but that have been seen and that dealers can fix should a customer come in with that given issue (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technical_Service_Bulletin). If you are seeing those three issues in the TSBs you noted, you should call you dealer and tell them and give them the TSB numbers. They should be able to schedule your car in and correct those problems as spelled out in the TSBs.

For the other issues, something that you can try is when you experience the issue, push the OnStar button and have them run a diagnostics test. That may or may not work, but it can't hurt. If it is an intermittent problem, realize that it might be one of those things that the dealer has to see happen (which could be difficult). If you are having trouble reproducing the problem and the dealer still isn't investigating to your satisfaction, call the GM customer service line and see if they can help. If you get a case number, you can PM it to me and I can see what I can do to help.

Sorry you are having issues. I would try to tackle one or two at a time starting with the simpliest ones (or the ones with the TSBs). Then go from there. Hopefully everything can get corrected to your satisfaction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stieger (Post 1772822)
Pete,

So I have been having a ton of problems with my camaro. See:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79065

I've been assigned a regional representative. Girl named Elizabeth, she's great tons of help, the whole nine yards, everything that GM says their customer service is 24/7. After a lot of turn around, and starting on 15 + days at the dealer this month, they are bringing in some GM engineer to look at my car. The problem is that they want me to drive around with him to show him the problems, which is perfectly fine. Except that the transmission jerk and the brakes are intermittent.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm a little paranoid that none of my problems will show up when I'm out test driving with the engineer, and then he'll just blow me off as a complaining dick. Please let me know if there is anything I can do during/after the "test drive" to explain/show them that I'm not crazy?

Thanks

Well, you have certainly done a good job of documenting your issues. That's a great thing. It also seems that GM things your issues are serious enough and real enough to send people to look at the car. Hopefully they see the issues live that you are seeing and they can handle it from there. I will look into if there is anything else you can do to prepare yourself. Can you please PM me your case number and your email and I will pass it along with my GM contacts and see if they have any suggestions for you. Sorry you are having issues.

Pete

Michael_Js 04-27-2010 02:23 PM

So far, the dealers seem to be handling the clutch issues many of us are having. Mine is being replaced tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still having issues, I know it sucks ;(

nashstat 04-27-2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael_Js (Post 1776023)
So far, the dealers seem to be handling the clutch issues many of us are having. Mine is being replaced tomorrow. Good luck to those who are still having issues, I know it sucks ;(

I just went to my dealer and they checked the master cylinder and could not find anything wrong.

However they won't open the tranny to see if there is something wrong with the clutch. The clutch I have makes cheap sounds and sometimes gets stuck halfway down specially on hilly terrains. There is also a bad smell of the clutch.

How can I get them to open the transmission and see if there is something wrong with the clutch plate?

Michael_Js 04-28-2010 08:50 AM

Keep complaining that it's giving you problems; try another dealer; use the process outlined here if you're not getting the service you need. My dealer drove it once, and of course it didn't stick 1/2 up. he did smell the burning smell on fast takeoffs...I then brought it in, they spent almost 2 hours with it, and ordered the parts...

As he said, we want to make it right - so basically, took my word for it. I really don't relish the thought of my car being there for 2 days and them ripping the bottom apart to get at and change the clutch. I'd rather them not touch it and replace the clutch, but...I'm dropping her off this morning. :(

Inspector 17 04-29-2010 10:19 AM

Not sure if this is posted elsewhere, but for anyone having issues with your Camaro (or frankly any car) search this site for open TSBs - http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/tsbs/tsbsearch.cfm. This is a great resource to see if a problem you are having has been recognized already by GM. Print them out and take them to your dealer.

eckerj 05-04-2010 05:43 PM

http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
The speedo problem finally manifested again... now here's hoping the dealership
and GM will take it seriously....

p.s. Can't seem to post the image inline...

skuttduck 05-04-2010 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eckerj (Post 1806596)
http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
The speedo problem finally manifested again... now here's hoping the dealership
and GM will take it seriously....

p.s. Can't seem to post the image inline...

If I were to guess, you need a new speed sensor. My co-workers 1995 Toyota Camry would do that, however it would do it once you started up the car.

Inspector 17 05-05-2010 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by eckerj (Post 1806596)
http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
http://eckerfamily.jenixstudios.com/...g2_itemId=3094
The speedo problem finally manifested again... now here's hoping the dealership
and GM will take it seriously....

p.s. Can't seem to post the image inline...

eckerj,

Glad that it happened again (kind of if you know what I mean). Keep us posted on the status.

Attachment 121164

xpanda305x 05-05-2010 05:34 PM

Pete. i have a problem. i took my car to the dealership as you can see i made a thread about it the brakes. and they made it worst :( and then i took it again because i have 2 check engine lights which are codes and they havent been able to do anything about it. they just moved my car to a parking spot...its been sitting there for 4 days already. and they havent done ANYTHING! im getting really angry about this. the problems are easy things. one is the ECU/Throttle Body. something wrong with them. and then the other is the fuel pump...please help me. i am having a horrible experience...

xpanda305x 05-05-2010 05:37 PM

here are the links..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80980

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77145

some other member(S) have had problems like me with the brakes.

Inspector 17 05-06-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xpanda305x (Post 1810967)
here are the links..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80980

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77145

some other member(S) have had problems like me with the brakes.

Couple things:

Sorry to here you are having issues. Hopefully GM can get things resolved to your satisfaction.

On your "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" issue, it looks like there could be a TSB that might apply here (Service Bulletin Number : PIP-4673). Hard to tell because that one isn't very descriptive. You can check it here.

Overall, f you don't feel that your issues are being resolved by the dealer then I would call the customer service number and explain the situation. Have them issue you a case number and due their investigation. Let me know what comes of that and we can go from there. If your concerns still aren't addressed to your satisfaction, then we can escalate per the process outlined above.

Pete

Green Monster 05-09-2010 09:31 AM

I'm taking mine to dealer next week. My USB port does not work. I have my fingers crossed!:emoticon14:

CamK18 05-09-2010 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Monster (Post 1826559)
I'm taking mine to dealer next week. My USB port does not work. I have my fingers crossed!:emoticon14:

I had that same problem, mine was in and out in 2.5 hours. They had to coordinate with a company they outsource the audio installations/maintenance too but once they showed up it went flawlessly.

The Stig 05-18-2010 04:22 PM

Pete,

I posted a while ago about some problems I was having (brakes and transmission). I'm pretty fed up with Chevrolet's customer service and service dept. service. Honestly, I'm probably getting blown off cuz I'm still a kid. *to clarify for those who toss me into the 16 year first car group: I saved up for a car, I saw Eleanor, I bought her, I earned the right to drive her in my book* Digressing, as of April my car had been in the shop 22 out of the 30 days of the month. I'm easily over the 30 days out of service for lemon law. My brakes still squeak all the time (started keeping a log of when they act up per someone's suggestion), the car still lurches forward, and now the seats are squeaking. All of these problems get ignored by the dealer because they don't see them during the ride along and I'm not in the mood to leave my car at the dealer for a week so they can "look at it" all the while they won't give me a loaner because I'm not 25.

To the people who are probably going to respond with the really obvious answers to my problems. They've tried them, they have checked every TSB and done everyone that applies, still not fixed. That and while I was here looking up TSBs I came accross the battery cable recall. My car, A9111524, inside the affected VINs. No phonecall, no letter, not even a carrier pigeon as to let me know that my car was under recall. I had to tell the dealer about it, at which point he told me it wasn't really necessary.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just ...... frustrated, yea lets go with frustrated, with this whole situation. Again, sorry for the rant.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.