Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro Convertible Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Automobile Driven: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154339)

Johnnyma45 06-23-2011 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 3374208)
The coupe still has the edge but we're not talking 350Z 'vert here.

Great comparison pic...I always thought the vert felt slightly off, and now it's clear as day: the huge C-pillar compared to the coupe. Still looks good though.

Nasty1970 06-23-2011 11:36 AM

I had a 1969 convertible camaro years ago, and have missed the convertible ever since. Now that I have a 2011 vert, I LOVE IT...Ive driven corvettes, mustangs, Porsche,BMWs, and a few other verts...and the camaro is one of the most versatile. Its hard to compare to a 2 seater, but against the mustang, BMW, and lexus, I have to say its the best! where else can you get 426HP, 26MPG, and a badass looking ride all in one??

LAWMAN 06-23-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasty1970 (Post 3375301)
I had a 1969 convertible camaro years ago, and have missed the convertible ever since. Now that I have a 2011 vert, I LOVE IT...Ive driven corvettes, mustangs, Porsche,BMWs, and a few other verts...and the camaro is one of the most versatile. Its hard to compare to a 2 seater, but against the mustang, BMW, and lexus, I have to say its the best! where else can you get 426HP, 26MPG, and a badass looking ride all in one??

This is what i'm talking about,......a true comparrison of the camaro vert against other verts that probably cost alot more $...and what does this person say? "they prefer the camaro above others":w00t:

Lazerbrainz2k3 06-23-2011 03:19 PM

Seems like a pretty fair review to me - I don't agree with all his conclusions, but the guy's supposed to be objective - we here have no obligation to be, which is occasionally a bit annoying when the "Ford/the Mustang sucks, always has & always will!" crowd comes out of the woodwork, but overall not a bad thing.

Considering that he's one of the very few (as far as I know) reviewers to not complain incessantly as if gripping the steering wheel is like being forced to grab electrified barbed wire, and he can figure out that the aux gauges are intended to be a cool-looking nod to the past and not regularly used for driving, I'm willing to cut him some slack.

yzrider58 06-23-2011 06:03 PM

Auto mags

The writers of these magazines call themselves critical writers. So even if they know the car is perfect they have to find a complaint about something. Except we all know the car is perfect!! :clap:

Wgrenon 06-24-2011 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnyma45 (Post 3374530)
Great comparison pic...I always thought the vert felt slightly off, and now it's clear as day: the huge C-pillar compared to the coupe. Still looks good though.

Think it looks big from the outside, backing out of a parking space is a bitch.

cmoney2007 06-25-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by changprice (Post 3372484)
I really don't like convertible that much, I love the hard top convertible, i will like to see that on the camaro

Quote:

Originally Posted by snizzle (Post 3372506)
Too expensive...

And it only adds to the weight. But I do agree that I would love to see a hard top convertible camaro. I think your trunk space would pretty much be non-existent unless the top was up. Minor detail.

snizzle 06-26-2011 02:19 PM

Give me a targa top!

PETRA 06-26-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buick1959 (Post 3372557)
I had a lady in a mustang GT convertible pull up next to me at a light and tell me she wants to swap cars with me...told her no way you have a Ford.

:sm0:

I'm thinking the C-pillar was necessary for the glass back window which is AWESOME on a vert, especially since we also have rear defrost, which I have never had on a convertible before. Small price to pay, and I think its well worth it.

caramaro1969 06-28-2011 01:24 PM

The vert is a COW over 4,100 lbs,what does he expect?It's slow because it's so heavy! I've never owned a vert,don't like them but i own one now,only because it's the only way the pace car came. I've never had the top down nor do i plan to,but nonetheless i can't even tell it's a vert while driving.I like that a lot. The only difference is the rear window shakes a little bit while looking through the rearview and i can hear outside noises a little clearer...but overall i guess the writer needed something to complain about.Overall i love my car!

OrangeVert 06-28-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramaro1969 (Post 3397249)
The vert is a COW ...

Yes but with 426 hp it really MOOves! (sorry, couldn't help it) :)

m72070 07-02-2011 04:44 PM

Everywhere I go, heads turn and people love the car. I love the vert more than the coupe, especially when the top is down! I've had hotties tell me they love my car in front of my wife and all! Love the attention and love the comradery, thank you Chevy!! Even with the problems I've had, love the car!

PETRA 07-02-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caramaro1969 (Post 3397249)
The vert is a COW over 4,100 lbs,what does he expect?It's slow because it's so heavy! I've never owned a vert,don't like them but i own one now,only because it's the only way the pace car came. I've never had the top down nor do i plan to,but nonetheless i can't even tell it's a vert while driving.I like that a lot. The only difference is the rear window shakes a little bit while looking through the rearview and i can hear outside noises a little clearer...but overall i guess the writer needed something to complain about.Overall i love my car!

You say you don't like verts yet you love yours. You say the top will never be down - WTF? That's like having a bottle of Moet & Chandon's Dom yet never enjoying drinking it. Or a set of Callaway's and never hitting a golf ball..... or business ethics.... It just makes ZERO sense!

lsaterz28 02-02-2013 11:49 PM

we love our 2011 rs/ss with a few mods/Raymonds Performance and a Mike Norris tune it can kick butt