Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forced Induction - V8 (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   ADM Pre-production boost gauge pics (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38289)

21STCENTURY 01-08-2010 03:33 PM

Looks nice

ADM PERFORMANCE 01-08-2010 04:05 PM

The customer you are reffering to was given the option for a flush mount install but he wanted to be able to move the location if he decided to as the location at the base of the steering wheel is still very hard to see unless the steering wheel is down in the "low rider cruise" position.

Not what I was told! :iono:

:iono:

21STCENTURY 01-08-2010 04:20 PM

Looks nice

D1BADZ 01-08-2010 04:22 PM

Booostin! nice

Number_9 01-08-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 21STCENTURYMUSCLECARS (Post 1361227)
...The customer you are reffering to was given the option for a flush mount install but he wanted to be able to move the location if he decided to as the location at the base of the steering wheel is still very hard to see unless the steering wheel is down in the "low rider cruise" position.

...for the guys that don't mind the steering wheel all the way down...

As it happens, that pic is from my car. I don't ride with my steering wheel anywhere close to being all the way down. I do have long legs and the seat itself is all the way back but the backrest is upright for good posture. I just went and tested and with the seat in it's current way-back/upright position, and the steering wheel all the way up, I could still see the upper 2/3's of the gauges. Moved the seat forward two notches, could see the gauges in full again. That said, there's no way I could drive the car like that, so in my natural non-southside of town driving style, the dual gauges are/look perfect.

While I might go back for another bracket to address a couple of gaps (ADM gave me the option as my bracket is an earlier unit) , it actually has lesser gaps than the stock plastic unit that came with my car so I am really happy with the setup and the real time feedback, and it looks stock when your sitting in front of it. I have the L99 and race regularly... so, I like to monitor the realtime temp of my ADM Intake (avgs 2-3 degrees over ambient) and my transmission pressure. This was by far the best solution for my needs.

There's that old adage "...is it done right, the customer will decide". Well, this customer is quite happy with the ADM dual gauges and flush mount bracket (maybe the guy with that cable rigging has lower expectations?)

Crowley 01-08-2010 07:12 PM

I have the adm single boost gauge installed .. there is no issues with steering wheel position that I am aware of .. plenty of travel and you certainly don't have to have it in the lowest position .. lol ..

Andy .. love that dual gauge option ..

Crowley

taz 01-09-2010 11:49 PM

I usually have my steering wheel at the highest position, so it might block out part of the view. Its mostly because I switch between a SUV and the camaro, so the drop of view from sitting high in the SUV to low in the ground gives me a little bit of adjustment, so I usually put the camaro seat at the highest position as well as the steering wheel.

Anyways ..., my question is when you purchase a Magnacharger, does it come with gauges? and if does, what do you usually monitor? For use as a daily driver, do most just have one gauge to check boost or if mutiple, what gauges would you monitor? Reason for asking, i'm awaiting for my maggie to come in and didnt know if I need to purchase gauges and if so, just the one or the dual gauge setup.

Thanks,
Taz

ADM PERFORMANCE 01-10-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taz (Post 1365424)
I usually have my steering wheel at the highest position, so it might block out part of the view. Its mostly because I switch between a SUV and the camaro, so the drop of view from sitting high in the SUV to low in the ground gives me a little bit of adjustment, so I usually put the camaro seat at the highest position as well as the steering wheel.

Anyways ..., my question is when you purchase a Magnacharger, does it come with gauges? and if does, what do you usually monitor? For use as a daily driver, do most just have one gauge to check boost or if mutiple, what gauges would you monitor? Reason for asking, i'm awaiting for my maggie to come in and didnt know if I need to purchase gauges and if so, just the one or the dual gauge setup.

Thanks,
Taz

Magnachargers generally do not come with boost gauges.Most go with boost only!

Andy

taz 01-10-2010 08:20 PM

Thanks!

Number_9 01-10-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taz (Post 1367465)
Thanks!

Go dual and add the IAT alongside the Boost! :thumbsup:

THEDAYTRADER 01-11-2010 10:16 PM

"Thats Nice".

Yes it is!

Are we taking notes?

bumblebeecamaro 01-16-2010 07:59 PM

okay, so lemme get this straight. you basically sell just the gauge and the fitting, right? then we would have to cut out the plastic panel and install the gauge?

ADM PERFORMANCE 01-16-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumblebeecamaro (Post 1387630)
okay, so lemme get this straight. you basically sell just the gauge and the fitting, right? then we would have to cut out the plastic panel and install the gauge?

We have manufactured a new piece that replaces the current black trim piece just above the steering column(In between the gauge clusters-Tach and speedo).This piece that we have comes with the boost gauge mounted in it from us.It bolts into the current holes located in the silver factory gauge trim.

Hope this helps.

Andy

bumblebeecamaro 01-16-2010 08:19 PM

so the boost gauge kit is $300 complete, right? also, is the gauge mounted perfectly centered in the panel. your first picture shows the gauge mounted a little to the right and not perfectly centered.

I always notice these small details. lol