Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Iceolator v6 2011 LLT (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406124)

W4rMach1ne 04-27-2015 08:08 PM

Iceolator v6 2011 LLT

I have a spectre CAI and I am putting on an Iceolator later on this week/weekend? What kind of gains should I expect is 10 hp/10 tq out of the question?

Icefsh 04-27-2015 08:51 PM

No. Not out of the question! I thought it added more power than the CAI. Especially at lower RPM's. Enjoy!

Ventmaster 04-27-2015 09:27 PM

Reputable folks from different parts of the country reported gains of 20hp and 24-25 lb/ft of torque with just the Iceolator install. :nod:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ceolator+gains

W4rMach1ne 04-27-2015 09:29 PM

Do you recommend a ported throttle body next?

djrasras 04-28-2015 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W4rMach1ne (Post 8388355)
Do you recommend a ported throttle body next?

I have both the ported throttle body and Vitesse Throttle Controller; I say just save your money and get just the throttle controller. Best bang for your buck, and works well with the iceolator. It's just that with the throttle controller, a ported throttle body just doesn't do much more to your throttle response to justify the cost.

Djinn 04-28-2015 02:27 PM

djrasras, I appreciate the info. I was about to get the PTB and the controller. You just saved me some cash, THNX

AITI 04-28-2015 04:04 PM

Understand, the throttle controller does NOT add a single HP...it only opens the throttle blade at a faster rate, but the iceolator does show gains of 20 rwhp-20-25 rwtq all over the country as ventmaster states. No brainer. Wish I had something similar to try on my LFX. I am putting the VMax TB on though.....and probably the throttle controller just for the impact.

arkentect 04-28-2015 04:19 PM

:popcorn:

W4rMach1ne 04-28-2015 07:07 PM

Does the VTC make that much difference? I have read multiple threads of issues with CEL. I am kind of scared to install it lol

JakesRJT 04-28-2015 07:24 PM

From what I have read and understand... the VTC adds no performance gains... it simply makes it where you don't have to press the throttle as far to achieve WOT...

bare in mind I do not own one myself and probably will not... simply because of the facts stated above... it adds no actual horsepower or torque...

redleader 04-29-2015 05:54 AM

I have CAI, TB & Iceolator :-)
No idea what the output is but it's more powerful, smoother Revs, responsive for sure!!
2010 V6 LLT LT1 + LoudMouth II CAT Back

djrasras 04-29-2015 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakesRJT (Post 8390384)
From what I have read and understand... the VTC adds no performance gains... it simply makes it where you don't have to press the throttle as far to achieve WOT...

bare in mind I do not own one myself and probably will not... simply because of the facts stated above... it adds no actual horsepower or torque...

That's not exactly true. You connect the throttle controller to the wire harness above your pedal to basically override the electronic signal that is sent from the pedal to the throttle body. If your car is stock, it doesn't matter if you completely floor the pedal- because of environmental regulation, the throttle body will not open as fast as is could for max throttle response. With the VTC, if you have the setting set to max, the throttle body will open very quickly whether you floor it or just tap on the pedal. This makes throttle response much more sensitive, which is awesome if you want to feel the power of your engine really quick (again, no HP gains, just increased throttle response), but if you are stuck in traffic you would want to turn down the settings unless you want your revs bouncing up and down with every movement. The ported throttle body does this same thing by "porting" the inside of the throttle body to allow much more air flow through, which basically overpowers the slow throttle opening to give you that same increased throttle response. But because the VTC provides you a way to change the throttle opening speed based on your liking, I would personally choose that over the PTB.

So basically, as someone who has on his car a VTC, ported throttle body and iceolator, even though the VTC and PTB give me no hp gain, they definetly had more of an impact on my car's performance compared to the iceolator. I put the iceolator on last, and to be honest I didn't feel any difference in performance, but a lot of people on the forums are happy with it so go for it. But between the VTC and ported throttle body, I would def go VTC since you can adjust the settings, which is VERY useful when you are in traffic.

JakesRJT 04-29-2015 12:17 PM

djrasras- that actually clears alot up and is one of the most informative posts i've read in awhile.. thanks for that contribution.. hopefully it clears things up for many others aswell

djrasras 04-29-2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakesRJT (Post 8391732)
djrasras- that actually clears alot up and is one of the most informative posts i've read in awhile.. thanks for that contribution.. hopefully it clears things up for many others aswell

Sure thing, happy to help. I actually just installed the VCT last weekend, and I am definitely going to be recommending it as anyone's first mod to do. I thought it was crazy how much throttle response impacts the cars performance after I put in the PTB last summer. Getting rid of that "dead spot" in hard accelerations is a great feeling. Good luck with all future mods, and feel free to PM me about any of the mods I have listed in my signature.