Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   New Features? (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376705)

Trentin24 09-09-2014 01:58 PM

New Features?

I'm sure many of you have seen the new Chevrolet commercials where the new Chevrolet vehicles will have built in 4G LTE WiFi or whatever it is. Will this be available for us driving the older 5th gens, kinda like how the HUD can be retrofitted, etc?
And even how the new Impala I think it was where you could monitor all your systems through your phone. I always have my phone on me, and having that peace of mind that my car is locked, and everything is good would be great. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.
I just didn't know if something like this would be available to us at a "reasonable" price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lscamaro 09-09-2014 02:22 PM

OnStar can lock your car from your phone. It can also monitor tire pressures and fuel level.

Trentin24 09-09-2014 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lscamaro (Post 7941732)
OnStar can lock your car from your phone. It can also monitor tire pressures and fuel level.

It can do that now? There's no other way to get a feed from your vehicle through another system? I know through the obd2 you can get pretty much any information you want. But the key has to be turned on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lscamaro 09-09-2014 02:38 PM

I don't understand your question. The OnStar app has been able to do this for awhile. I know it's saved me at least a few times when I accidentally leave my keys in the car and I can unlock it remotely from my phone.

jeffa 09-10-2014 12:16 PM

If you are an On Star subscriber, you will get complete updates on your vehicles major systems emailed to you monthly, and can also give you OBD code readouts if your CEL light comes on.

I have the Android version of the On Star Remote Link app, and with it you can lock/unlock your doors, remote start your car (if you have this feature on your remote fob), act as a car finder by flashing the car's lights and honking the horn. It can also locate your location by your cellphone's GPS, and can locate your car using its built-in GPS.

It will also give you tank level in %, fuel left in tank and fuel range as well as remaining oil life. It will also give you your tire pressure in each tire.

And, it can show you lifetime miles driven with average MPG and Trip A mileage and MPG....and it will also give you stats on when the last time you used a feature.

If you purchase a new Camaro, you get 6 months free On Star account, and if you download and use the mobile app before your trial is up, it will still be active for 5 years even if you don't renew On Star.

vtxretro02 09-10-2014 05:54 PM

onstar

if you want to keep the service... don't give them your credit card... tell them you will pay by checkthey will charge on it until it expires regardless of your cancellation request... absolute theives